2024 Draft Day 2 Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Boo

Let Gute Cook
37%
#DeJeanNoMatterWhat
11%
Ted hates playmakerz
11%
We making 4 picks today.
42%

Total votes: 19

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's so wild that so many WRs have gone and when I look at best available by position its still the one that's holding up the best for value.

OL still has a lot of starter-capable (not day one) options, as well.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bralen Trice is a pretty disappointing first EDGE option for the Falcons by my estimation, though he did create one of the absolute worst plays of Jordan Morgan's career. He's not that explosive. More of a power profile but not in the way I think will translate super well to the league. Someone a lot of the tape grinders I listen to were more sour on than the consensus (which had him around here)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:58
It's so wild that so many WRs have gone and when I look at best available by position its still the one that's holding up the best for value.

OL still has a lot of starter-capable (not day one) options, as well.
Like, are the Steelers going to wait until round 3 to fill a gaping hole at WR and still get Roman Wilson, Troy Franklin or Jalan McMillan?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Long 3rd round to sit through here.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

texas wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:54
We need some RBs. I know this class sucks or whatever, but going into the season with Jacobs and Dillon doesn't inspire confidence.
Yep. There's plenty out there to pick from. Let's get some more offense.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I went to USC and to UGA and both had free safety options in this draft. Bullard, who we got, is a little undersized but so physical.

Bulluck from USC is rangy AF but is so skinny and simply cannot bring down large men; just a negative tackler.

Glad we took the Bull we took

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

I'm trawling through the database looking for guys with the right size and testing numbers for any position but not many options are showing up for day 2 prospects. It has been milked dry.

I think Gute next two picks will be someone not on anybodys radar.

Barely any top 30 visits day 2 prospects left. Ray Davis?

Not sure why Jaden Hicks is falling.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

We do need a RB but I'm not sure how big the gap is from a guy we could get tonight and a guy we could get in round 5. I like a ton of them, honestly. It's deep in the middle-late rounds, just light at the top. There are guys we could take in the 3rd that would excite me (Wright, Corum?, Tracy?), and guys I would be perfectly content waiting on (Tracy? Gurrendo, Watson, Davis(es), etc)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2024 21:23
We do need a RB but I'm not sure how big the gap is from a guy we could get tonight and a guy we could get in round 5. I like a ton of them, honestly. It's deep in the middle-late rounds, just light at the top. There are guys we could take in the 3rd that would excite me (Wright, Corum?, Tracy?), and guys I would be perfectly content waiting on (Tracy? Gurrendo, Watson, Davis(es), etc)
I was thinking RB too. Wright is probably the only one I want here because he brings something different compared to what we have.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

I would be very fine with either Tracey or Davis. I have a stronger lean towards Tracey due to his slightly superior athleticism and excellent receiving chops.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’d love to take Jaden Hicks here and have a Musgrave and Kraft situation at S. TJ Tampa is interesting here as well. Wasn’t a fan as a 2nd round player but CB is dry and this is solid value. Not opposed to edge here either. At some point we need to get out of this atrocious Preston Smith contract.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2024 21:19
I went to USC and to UGA and both had free safety options in this draft. Bullard, who we got, is a little undersized but so physical.

Bulluck from USC is rangy AF but is so skinny and simply cannot bring down large men; just a negative tackler.

Glad we took the Bull we took
Yeah definitely prefer Bullard over Bullock. Never really loved Bullock
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

It's been a long wait but coming up on our two selections!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

DT here as a flyer??
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Opportunity to double dip?

Payton Wilson and Cedric Gray are available. Hicks at Safety
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man what is it with all these teams trading just ahead of GB to steal our guys?
Yoop wrote:

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Austin Brooker is my prediction

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

Zinter gone. Damn. Liked him as a later round iOL prospect.

I don't think there's any viable day two OL prospect now.

Tomorrow will target someone like Bortolini, Grable, Christian Jones, Rouse, McCormick.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here we go!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

WE TOOK MY GUY!!!!!!!!!
Yoop wrote: