MarShawn Lloyd, RB, USC, 2024 3rd round pick#88

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Grade

Poll ended at 03 May 2024 21:52

A
25%
B
50%
C
6%
D
19%
F
No votes

Total votes: 16

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Apr 2024 09:49
Good lord he fumbled every 36 touches according to under dog. He also only hit the designed hole on 56% of runs.

He looks big and shifty but he’s loose with the ball like Lesean McCoy. When he jukes he leaves the ball behind.
Well then tape a handle to the ball and make him take it with him wherever he goes. Sound familiar?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NIck Saban thinks Lloyd was the #2 RB in the draft.

Ringo thinks if Lloyd ends up being the second coming of Eddie Lee Ivery in a running back by committee 2024 format, then we're all set for a Super Bowl run.

The kid will be fine. :woohoo:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

@Yoop is right. I think most of us are old enough to remember Ahman Green overcoming (mostly) his fumbling issues. Tiki Barber did too, simply by holding the ball higher.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I think it's totally fair to say IF he doesn't take to coaching and hammer in a more secure technique, fumbling is a quick ticket out. But also that it's a teachable thing, not something impossible to overcome (like size, speed etc.).

I like the RB room now. Especially if AJ drops the excessive quadzilla thing and works on his weaknesses.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Apr 2024 12:01
@Yoop is right. I think most of us are old enough to remember Ahman Green overcoming (mostly) his fumbling issues. Tiki Barber did too, simply by holding the ball higher.

Here's a list of some of better/best RB's over the years and there games played to fumble ratio, no one likes a fumbler, but it happens more then I thought, Barber ended up one of best on the list

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-c ... nning-back

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2024 13:47
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Apr 2024 12:01

Here's a list of some of better/best RB's over the years and there games played to fumble ratio, no one likes a fumbler, but it happens more then I thought, Barber ended up one of best on the list

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-c ... nning-back

I suspect there is also a long list of college RB's that didn't fix their fumbling problems and did not last long in the NFL.

All we said is that IF he DOSN'T fix it he won't be a Packer very long. Why do you disagree with that? Don't you remember what happened to Ty Montgomery who was a pretty good RB and receiver except for 1 itty bitty problem?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Interesting, not sure height matters much at all for RBs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
30 Apr 2024 06:37
Interesting, not sure height matters much at all for RBs.

This is one of the biggest critiques of RAS—it always assumes bigger is better even when there are positions where height and/or weight are preferably in a certain range, not always bigger.

Like CB or OT height, for instance

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Apr 2024 08:39
He deserved 0