2024 Draft Day 3 Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Am I a bad person if I switch from NFLN to ESPN when they start talking about Run Rich Run? Like sorry, St Jude, it's football time.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:27
BF004 wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:22
So 3 picks left?

Give me and OL, then 2 of OL/CB/QB
Kicker. Doesn't matter who. Just competition.
They do have Greg Joseph, experienced kicker and a first year guy Podlesny. Already rare to have 3 kickers.

I pretty much doubt they’d get a guy in the 6th or 7th that’d be any better than any of our 3.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:30
Am I a bad person if I switch from NFLN to ESPN when they start talking about Run Rich Run? Like sorry, St Jude, it's football time.
Yes.

Honestly I think the NFLN doe such a good job on Day 3. Mixes in so much football on low level prospects but also has tremendous fun. Rich Eisen is an absolute legend.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
No. St Jude is a scam.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Damnit. Lions just took Mehki Wingo
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:37
Honestly I think the NFLN doe such a good job on Day 3. Mixes in so much football on low level prospects but also has tremendous fun. Rich Eisen is an absolute legend.
I did The Athletic Football Show live YouTube for nights one and two audio while watching NFLN on mute.

I was torn on Day Three because ESPN has Matt Miller who is actually an evaluator I like who will know who these Day Three guys are, but yeah, having experienced both today, NFLN has been better.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
No. St Jude is a scam.
100% is not. They've kept my nephew alive multiple times and for longer than anyone expected. I'm skeptical of a lot of charities and I'm sure they don't spend every penny the right way. But they've done right by our family.

Back to the draft.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:41
go pak go wrote:
I did The Athletic Football Show live YouTube for nights one and two audio while watching NFLN on mute.

I was torn on Day Three because ESPN has Matt Miller who is actually an evaluator I like who will know who these Day Three guys are, but yeah, having experienced both today, NFLN has been better.
I did ESPN the first two nights. Not because of the commentators but because of the nostalgia. Just can't beat that ESPN beep song when "the pick is in"

But NFLN is the best in terms of national TV commentators. They are just so much better than ESPN. And they have so much more fun.

I saw a quick clip of the McAfee crew doing the draft. Didn't like it. The Packer fan on the McFee show hadn't even heard of Jordan Morgan. I mean come on dude. EVERY Packer fan saw Morgan linked as a "Packer type"
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Apr 2024 14:49
I gotta say I am completely shocked we drafted 3 safeties, 2 ILBs, and a RB. We really focused on non premium positions which is a rarity for us.
sometimes it's better to use the draft to fill non prem positions then UDFA can provide, He took Walker at slot #22, Savage slot#21 in recent drafts.

Guty just like Thompson, just like most GM's (all) have to be position fixers when it comes to the draft, with UFA and escalation of player contracts, they can't help drafting according to positional need, sure, obviously at times we see luxury picks for prem position (reaches for perceived high ceiling) but misses on guys like that are costly

every time I bring this up I get shot down, but it has to be the most obvious thing concerning this whole process :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Eliot Wolf doubling up on QB in his first draft taking Joe Milton and the big arm in the 6th

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
No. St Jude is a scam.
Have you ever had a non passionate or non negative take on anything?

good lord.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:45
I did ESPN the first two nights. Not because of the commentators but because of the nostalgia. Just can't beat that ESPN beep song when "the pick is in"
I ALMOST mentioned the unbeatable pick is in chime.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
27 Apr 2024 14:49
I gotta say I am completely shocked we drafted 3 safeties, 2 ILBs, and a RB. We really focused on non premium positions which is a rarity for us.
sometimes it's better to use the draft to fill non prem positions then UDFA can provide, He took Walker at slot #22, Savage slot#21 in recent drafts.

Guty just like Thompson, just like most GM's (all) have to be position fixers when it comes to the draft, with UFA and escalation of player contracts, they can't help drafting according to positional need, sure, obviously at times we see luxury picks for prem position (reaches for perceived high ceiling) but misses on guys like that are costly

every time I bring this up I get shot down, but it has to be the most obvious thing concerning this whole process :rotf:
lol. Ted and draft position don't belong in the same sentence.

Gute is far more like that though.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pratt time?
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:47
go pak go wrote:
I ALMOST mentioned the unbeatable pick is in chime.
Thank you. I couldn't think of the word chime so I said beep
Yoop wrote:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:41
go pak go wrote:

But NFLN is the best in terms of national TV commentators. They are just so much better than ESPN. And they have so much more fun.

I saw a quick clip of the McAfee crew doing the draft. Didn't like it. The Packer fan on the McFee show hadn't even heard of Jordan Morgan. I mean come on dude. EVERY Packer fan saw Morgan linked as a "Packer type"
He was mad about Morgan because he is an Iowa grad and wanted Dejean. Bellichick did a good review of Morgan and said he is first round talent. Really smart and liked that he came back from the ACL and played better than he did before the injury.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My Guys left

Myles Harden, CB South Dakota
Jaheim Bell, TE/FB/Hback YAC monster
Dylan Grable, OL UCF
Keldon Slovis, QB BYU
Michael Pratt, QB
Eric Watts, EDGE UConn
Khris Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
Javontae Jean-Baptiste, EDGE Notre Dame

I think that exhausts the guys I know I like

EDIT: I forgot the RBs. Blake Watsonmostly. But Dylan Laube and Cody Schraeder are people that I wouldn't be in the dark on

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Watched so little today. Why isn’t the nfl draft a national holiday and no one is allowed to plan anything all weekend yet?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:59
Watched so little today. Why isn’t the nfl draft a national holiday and no one is allowed to plan anything all weekend yet?
I keep telling myself I need to take off the whole week to prepare and watch. I did a lot less work the Wed-Fri than I should have. Should just take vacation.

Luckily the wife knows I do basically nothing and she let's me have this without complaint.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Apr 2024 15:53
My Guys left

Myles Harden, CB South Dakota
Jaheim Bell, TE/FB/Hback YAC monster
Dylan Grable, OL UCF
Keldon Slovis, QB BYU
Michael Pratt, QB
Eric Watts, EDGE UConn
Javontae Jean-Baptiste, EDGE Notre Dame

I think that exhausts the guys I know I like

EDIT: I forgot the RBs. Blake Watsonmostly. But Dylan Laube and Cody Schraeder are people that I wouldn't be in the dark on

Khris Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa off the board to the Saints.