Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

Post by BF004 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ :saints: New Orleans Saints

Sunday, September 13, 2020 - 12:00 CST

Mercedes-Benz Superdome

TV:

Weather:

Dope Sheet:

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears 17

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

38-13 in a laugher

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

OMG OMG OMG We have a gameday thread! It is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

24-13 Packers.

Pipe in all the noise you want Queens, nothing has changed!!!!!!!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

1st game of the season with no preseason. Mistakes will be made on both sides. Usually the defense is favored in these matchups.

Packers 20
Vikings 13
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

vikes had the bigger shake up in personell Packers 27 vikes 20

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Vikings OGs are terrible and have looked bad in camp:
from their scrimmage:
The Athletic wrote:Sacks came from Jaleel Johnson, Ifeadi Odenigbo and Eric Wilson, with Wilson’s coming unblocked. Johnson beat Pat Elflein for his sack and Odenigbo beat Riley Reiff for his. For the most part, the offensive line did a poor job preventing pressure and allowed pressure on at least seven dropbacks — likely more. In particular, Elflein seemed to be a concern.
The Athletic wrote:Thielen looks ready to go, while Cousins and some members of the offensive line — notably Dakota Dozier and Elflein — still seem like works in progress. Given that Dozier took every rep with the first-team offense, it seems extremely likely that he’ll be the Day 1 starter there. Ezra Cleveland only worked with the third team and didn’t look particularly comfortable.
Kenny Clark and Z's inside rushes and maybe Gary's are a complete mismatch for the interior OL

The Vikings' CBs are inexperienced and the depth chart is unsettled:
Again, from their scrimmage:
TheAthletic wrote:For the most part, Mike Hughes seemed to have had the best day in coverage while Jeff Gladney looked like a starting-quality player. He nevertheless got turned around by Hollins on his deep reception. Holton Hill largely struggled, particularly against Thielen — though the best catch of the day, which came against Hill, was likely not his fault.
Holton Hill has been their best CB in camp (according to the same author who wrote that write-up, but has been struggling with penalties since they started enforcing that and brought in refs. No one on the team can cover Davante, and even our ragtag bunch of Laxard, MVS, and potentially EQSB if healthy should be able to win their share of individual matchups.

The Vikings have an equally big WR2 conundrum behind Theilan.
Johnson is again turning heads at training camp and has so far done enough to hold off first-round pick Justin Jefferson for the No. 2 spot on the depth chart.

He doesn’t do anything flashy, but he consistently creates space and has good hands when the ball heads his way. And, importantly, he seems to have built chemistry with and earned the trust of Kirk Cousins.
Our top-2 CBs are excellent and our top 3 shouldn't be punished by this crew. Our guys can cover their guys.

Their OTs are weak. Reif almost left the team, but many Vikings fans wouldn't have minded losing him. They thought about moving him to OG. Our edge rushers are better than their OTs and I genuinely don't think they can block them.

Their interior DL took a huge hit when Pierce opted out.
The Athletic wrote:The Vikings could attempt to keep [Lynch] just for developmental purposes, but with Shamar Stephen, Armon Watts and Jaleel Johnson all but locks to make the roster, the Vikings would have to face a decision to cut Hercules Mata’afa or someone at another position that could use more bodies — like at receiver. Without a clear answer at three-technique, it’s a little discouraging that he hasn’t been able to show out.
and more scrimmage:
the flip side of that is that the run blocking from the offense looked solid and the defensive line had issues staying stout, especially along the first team.
Our LG and C are among the league's best and our RG is a former starter who has clearly regained starting form. Our iOL can block their iDL and run on them.

Honestly, there are maybe a couple matchups in the whole game that favor the Vikings:
  • Our RT vs. their EDGE2
  • Their excellent safeties preventing big plays and keeping our TEs in check
  • Dalvin Cook vs. our DL and iLBs
Other than that, we have an edge in every matchup.

Packers, 31-17

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Sep 2020 21:44
Other than that, we have an edge in every matchup.
Suppose for a moment that everything you say is true... then if you're Mike Zimmer- what's your plan ?

1) Punch at every ball on defense (force turnovers)
2) Let Kubiak run Cook all day
3) Run the clock down and shorten the game
IT. IS. TIME

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
02 Sep 2020 13:10
38-13 in a laugher
I think the Packers will score more than 13. :)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think it’s impossible to know how it will go at this point with no preseason, joint practices, or crowd. I think week one could be sloppy across the board league wide. I do think advantage will go to defenses and experienced QBs, and I think we have that. I am worried about ILB and the right side of our OL, but I’m sure they have areas they are worried about too.

Il give us the advantage bc optimism, but who knows really.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Saw the Packers got 40 pressures against the Vikings last year in our two games, per pff. :shock:

If Gary can translate anything from camp to games, could just be a devastating pass rush. Key will be big time to keep them to 3rd and long. Run D gotta be big early.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I also saw that Ricky Wagner gave up two pressures in two games against the Vikings.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Sep 2020 04:50
I think it’s impossible to know how it will go at this point with no preseason, joint practices, or crowd. I think week one could be sloppy across the board league wide. I do think advantage will go to defenses and experienced QBs, and I think we have that. I am worried about ILB and the right side of our OL, but I’m sure they have areas they are worried about too.

Il give us the advantage bc optimism, but who knows really.
I mean yeah yeah, sure sure, the future is the future; it can't be known. But what is most likely to happen? The better team with matchup advantages all over the field prevails. That's us. And I'm not particularly sure why the Vikings are considered to be a good team with problems all around their OL, their DL, and their offensive weapons and their secondary. It's like the most important aspects of football right now: the passing game (offense and defense) and the trenches (offense and defense). Those aren't good weaknesses to have, and I suspect we'll exploit them.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Sep 2020 10:34
But what is most likely to happen?
these teams played each other in December in the same venue and on National TV with a stadium full of fans
The result ?

IT. IS. TIME

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I think the nation is giving Minnesota way too much credit this year. This looks like the worst Vikings team since Cousins signed.

Frankly, the only guy that I'm keeping my eye on is Cook and how our run defense looks coming out of the gate. Cook is by far the best offensive weapon on that team.
RIP JustJeff

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

It will be one of those Monday mornings when I can not wait to get to work to remind all my coworkers that the vikings still suck.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Based on Pettine's presser, it is pretty clear that Jaire and King are starting CBs and Sullivan is our #3 Nickle with Josh Jackson being the first backup at outside.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
04 Sep 2020 07:58
Based on Pettine's presser, it is pretty clear that Jaire and King are starting CBs and Sullivan is our #3 Nickle with Josh Jackson being the first backup at outside.
Correct. Though I'm not sure that's a surprise at all; it does, indeed, dismiss the speculation that Jackson was our "surprise starter," but all signs have pointed to this aside from that guess.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:02
go pak go wrote:
04 Sep 2020 07:58
Correct. Though I'm not sure that's a surprise at all; it does, indeed, dismiss the speculation that Jackson was our "surprise starter," but all signs have pointed to this aside from that guess.
Also pretty irrelevant. Pettine plays a lot of dime. Jackson couldn't crack the Top-4 last year. I think that is his spot this year, so it will be interesting to see what kind of play he actually gets. If they are true to their word, it will also push Jaire to the slot in dime packages, which I really like and don't understand the hesitation to do before.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'am going with Yoho on this one, I think it'll be a blower, could be even more lop sided then he suggest, our pass rush will eat there OL, KIrk will make mistakes, and our secondary will be ball hawking, so I expect turn overs, and Rodgers acts as though he has something to prove again, all recipe's for disaster for the vikes, I'am going with 41-13 :aok: