Packers #1 Seed

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Packers #1 Seed

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Is the #1 seed sustainable? Colts game will be the first test. Rams looked great today.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Seahens #1 seed with a win.

Drop to #7 seed with a loss.

This is a super close nfc race.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I am pretty confident if we get to 13-3 we will for sure be the 2 seed but likely the 1 seed. Something we couldn't say last year.

12-4 will be maybe a 2 seed and for sure the 3 seed.

I don't think we will get any tie breakers over the NFC West winner if we are vying for the top seed and our only other tiebreaker is the head to head vs New Orleans.

At this point, the NFC South, particularly New Orleans, has the easiest schedule other than us.

Though I think our schedule is a lot harder than it appears. The MN loss will be that back breaker for us unless we can rip some wins together.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Not a bad position to be in :D

We've been inconsistent and injured enough that it's hard for me to see us just running the table....weirder things have happened. We have not had the freakish injury luck of last season, and yet are 7-2.

It's also the kind of year where I'm not quitting on the season even if we are not the 1st seed, heck even if we were "just" a wild card team - there are no unbeatable juggernauts in the NFC (including us).

Really need Lazard and our corners back vs good teams. And a better attitude and focus vs weak teams. LaFleur should be able to sell "Wanna win a SB? Well, now we are in prime position to get there!"

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 19:57
I am pretty confident if we get to 13-3 we will for sure be the 2 seed but likely the 1 seed. Something we couldn't say last year.

12-4 will be maybe a 2 seed and for sure the 3 seed.

I don't think we will get any tie breakers over the NFC West winner if we are vying for the top seed and our only other tiebreaker is the head to head vs New Orleans.

At this point, the NFC South, particularly New Orleans, has the easiest schedule other than us.

Though I think our schedule is a lot harder than it appears. The MN loss will be that back breaker for us unless we can rip some wins together.
New Orleans might be in trouble if Brees' ribs are cracked. If so he might be out for a couple of games or he will have to play with a flak jacket.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Bucs have the Rams and Chiefs in the next 2 weeks. I'd expect them to drop at least one of those. The west will chew itself up. Just have to stay even with NO.

The Colts are the toughest remaining game on our schedule. The've coming off a mini bye. Great D, okay O, blocked a punt last week and our punt team has fallen off a cliff the last few weeks. Getting Lazard, Alexander, and King back would give us a real good look at what we can really be. Win and we can walk away with the #1 seed. Lose and it is doable but no room for anymore losses.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This Colts game will be tough. We need both CBs back because I think it will be a defensive game and a lot will have to do with field position.

Moving forward I think our schedule is tough. I think we can’t beat the Titans. Just my opinion say what you want but the way we tackle I don’t think we stop Henry and the Titans aren’t one of the dumb teams that will pass just because. They’ll hammer us.

Then obviously the two Bears games are gonna be tough but I think they can’t score so we should be fine as long as we don’t set their offense up.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm in the same boat. I have been cheering all year that we get into a position where just need to split our last two games to get that 1 seed.

Because the odds of us beating the Titans are really small IMO.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

@ Indy- Loss
Chicago- Win
Philly- Win
@ Detroit- Win
Carolina- Win
Titans- Loss
@ Chicago- Win

This is worst case scenerio. We do not lose to Detroit or Chicago in 2020. 12-4. This gets you a 1-2 seed this year, it will be close.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
Why? They have to play each other a bunch, so their conference record is bound to drop a game or two. Really, if we can avoid losing another conference game, I think we'll be set up great with tiebreakers, as long as New Orleans stays in front of Tampa.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
16 Nov 2020 07:58
@ Indy- Loss
Chicago- Win
Philly- Win
@ Detroit- Win
Carolina- Win
Titans- Loss
@ Chicago- Win

This is worst case scenerio. We do not lose to Detroit or Chicago in 2020. 12-4. This gets you a 1-2 seed this year, it will be close.
I don't think that is worse case scenario and I specifically think the games against Philly and Detroit will be very tough, but I also think 12-4 and even 13-3 are very doable. &%$@, I think 14-2 is possible. But, so is 10-6 or even 9-7 if things go wrong.

Read More. Post Less.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

salmar80 wrote:
16 Nov 2020 06:14
We've been inconsistent and injured enough that it's hard for me to see us just running the table...
We will need at least to win 3 games in a row against the best of the best. Won't happen with our current defense, even if all guys are healthy. We'd need Godgers or some improved defense or some luck like the recent Brees injury. But in the same vein it looks ways better than last season because there's no monster like the 49ers. But imagine we would have gone for Mack bach then, we could be this monster right now.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

When is the Lazard decision due? I thought it was today but do they have until Saturday?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I like this Colts game this week. Since the Bye, we have played down to our competition almost every week. Good chance to see what happens when we play better competition again. If we lose, it's a good chance for a final wake up call as a non-conference game.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:03
go pak go wrote:
Why? They have to play each other a bunch, so their conference record is bound to drop a game or two. Really, if we can avoid losing another conference game, I think we'll be set up great with tiebreakers, as long as New Orleans stays in front of Tampa.
True. The tiebreakers could be more in our favor at 12 wins compared to 13 wins for that top seed.

The South is the trick right now. We want the Saints to drop two games but not 3 games because a 12-4 Bucs winning the South is game over for us. It's kind of a weird thing with the South.

I really don't know who I am rooting for between the Bucs and Rams on Monday Night. I guess honestly just indifferent like I am tonight.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:07
When is the Lazard decision due? I thought it was today but do they have until Saturday?
I believe it is 21 days starting first day of practice. So I would imagine today.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:08
I really don't know who I am rooting for between the Bucs and Rams on Monday Night. I guess honestly just indifferent like I am tonight.
See, the H2H loss to Tampa makes it super easy for me to want the Rams to win. Between Arizona, Seattle, and SF, LA is bound to lose some games, so I would rather hang this one on Tampa to make sure New Orleans stays on top. New Orleans has a pretty easy schedule, but it will be interesting to see what happens with Brees. Atlanta twice in the next 3 weeks could be a loss if Brees is out. If not, they still play in Philly and against KC for their tougher games.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:50
It is settled. Go Rams.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:05
salmar80 wrote:
16 Nov 2020 06:14
We've been inconsistent and injured enough that it's hard for me to see us just running the table...
We will need at least to win 3 games in a row against the best of the best. Won't happen with our current defense, even if all guys are healthy.
How do we know what our defense looks like if everyone is healthy. I think that has only happened for 15 plays, so far this year...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."