Packers @ Bears GDT - Sunday - 1/3/2021 - 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Packers @ Bears GDT - Sunday - 1/3/2021 - 3:25 CST

Post by BF004 »

HFA HFA HFA

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Felt weird, yet exciting, to type 2021. First time I think I have practically done that.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
29 Dec 2020 10:36
Felt weird, yet exciting, to type 2021. First time I think I have practically done that.
woah

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm disappointed by some other week 16 game results.

I'm not gonna lie, I had a football fantasy in which the Packers played the Titans with the Titans in a must-win situation because the Colts had won earlier in the day (darnit Colts), and we would be in a "win either of the next two games and you're in" situation (darnit, Rams) so we beat them when it mattered to them and not to us....

...followed by us having the 1-seed clinched and the Bears being win-and-in, lose-and-out (darnit Cardinals) and we beat them with everything on the line for them and nothing on the line for us.

But as it is, it matters to us, too, so we'll still have to show out.

The team seems dialed in now. They're excited not to have any more low-talent opponents; excited not to have any more games that don't feel important. I felt it watching the Titans and in the post-game pressers. It's time to put up or shut up, and they are excited to do so.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Dec 2020 11:01
It's time to put up or shut up, and they are excited to do so.

... IT IS TIME

IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Another BEAR WEEK.

Let's GO PACK GO -- Let's get win #100 over Da Bears and be done with it.

Yes indeed ..... IT IS TIME

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Packers will win but this will be closer than it should be. Division games always are. Not that the Bears are an offensive juggernaut but they are trending (for whatever reason). As thrilled as I was to see our defense dominate against the Titans I sense there will be some regression. It will be extremely tough to have a repeat performance of last week (across the board).

Packers 27
Bears 24

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

lulu wrote:
29 Dec 2020 20:03
Packers will win but this will be closer than it should be. Division games always are. Not that the Bears are an offensive juggernaut but they are trending (for whatever reason). As thrilled as I was to see our defense dominate against the Titans I sense there will be some regression. It will be extremely tough to have a repeat performance of last week (across the board).

Packers 27
Bears 24
Their O is trending because they've played some horrible Ds. We blew them out earlier, I'm expecting the same thing. Show them they aren't in our league. Hopefully they announce signing Trub to a major deal before the game'!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I'm guessing another pick for Savage. Won't be close, Trub's time is done.

37-21 Pack
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Cdragon wrote:
29 Dec 2020 21:05
Their O is trending because they've played some horrible Ds. We blew them out earlier, I'm expecting the same thing. Show them they aren't in our league. Hopefully they announce signing Trub to a major deal before the game'!
No kidding. My hope is Trubiscuit has shown the Bears front office just enough to put their faith in him for another contract.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 07:13
Cdragon wrote:
29 Dec 2020 21:05
No kidding. My hope is Trubiscuit has shown the Bears front office just enough to put their faith in him for another contract.
It's likely way more than Trub that troubles Bear fans. More troubling is the ineptness of Nagy and Pace. Well that's Da Bears problem, not ours.

Looking for Aaron Rodgers to pull off another 110+ passer rating performance. Get up on the scoreboard early and then watch Da Bears flounder trying to play catch up. Of course win the turnover battle, and stay healthy. Most of my confidence resides in the Packers offensive line combined with Rodgers' quick release passes to anyone that's open. When Aaron Jones is the safety valve off to the side and with the line holding their blocks ....... it messes up the defense's ability to tighten up on anybody. And lately Aaron Rodgers is running too (showing off for the MVP sportswriters), which makes defending the Packers offense even more difficult.

What a day Max what a day! Let's pull for a Max McGee "It's time to run the ball and posses the ball" 4th quarter. Grind down the clock and get out of Chicago with number 100.

Won't be surprised if the Bears LBs do some blitzing as a last ditch effort to control the Packers offense. Can't imagine anything else working for Da Bears.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 30 Dec 2020 07:58, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Sunday's weather forecast for Chicago area calling for afternoon rain showers, high temps in the low 40's and 10-15 mph winds.

I think I'd take Rodgers in less-than-ideal weather conditions any day over Trubisky...and twice on Sunday!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 07:41
Sunday's weather forecast for Chicago area calling for afternoon rain showers, high temps in the low 40's and 10-15 mph winds.

I think I'd take Rodgers in less-than-ideal weather conditions any day over Trubisky...and twice on Sunday!
That sounds simply miserable.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 07:48
APB wrote:

In other words, another typical day in Chicago...

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 07:51
BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 07:48
APB wrote:

In other words, another typical day in Chicago...
Yep. Way worse than snow. Although, if they are calling for that, now, it will be sunny and beautiful by the time Sunday rolls around.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This is far more talent than the version the Packers will face on Sunday.

Read More. Post Less.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

If the Packers play this game with upmost seriousness (and they should since #1 seed seems more important than ever) they should win. If....

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I fully expect the Packers to needlessly crush the life out of the Bears this week. I fully expect to see Tim Boyle in the 4th.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think this might be a tougher game that most are thinking.

The Bears are going to come out and give it their all. There D hasn't been as good as it has been, so I think they are come in with some pride here. I am thinking it will be difficult to get our ground game going.

I really really want to see the D keep playing well.

Aaron does Aaron things when it matters, we get a TD late in the 4th to essentially put it away.

I'm gunna call Packers 24 Bears 13.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »