Packers Sign Jared Veldheer

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Packers Sign Jared Veldheer

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

These are the kind of moves I do like from Gute here.

Quality guy, we know who he is, surely better than a Nijman or any other 22 year old kid we could bring in.

I feel a LOT better about him being around.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 16:46
The people are getting everything they want!!!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 11 Jan 2021 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah this makes way too much sense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Get him that ring!
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Massive signing. Brings depth to OT. The best line is keeping Turner the hell away from OT. I would expect them to probably
Keep the line with Turner at RT but next week might be Vepdheer and Wagner at OT and Turner back to OG over Patrick.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

What a true gangster move. Yessir lock down sone ot help. Veldheer was the better on the left side last week. The other got an all pro nod. Facts

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Jan 2021 17:05
Massive signing. Brings depth to OT. The best line is keeping Turner the hell away from OT. I would expect them to probably
Keep the line with Turner at RT but next week might be Vepdheer and Wagner at OT and Turner back to OG over Patrick.
I think you are wrong. Turner plays ot better :argue:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Amazing.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Anyone have easy access to who played where this year?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

That's quite the steal, poaching him from Colts' practice squad.

Got both Snacks and Veldheer on the cheap after other teams gave 'em time to work back into football shape after absences.

Even if we didn't start Veldheer, great to have a vet backup when thin on Oline. Or we can plug him at tackle and have more quality in the interior to deal with Donald.

NorCalPacker
Reactions:

Post by NorCalPacker »

I"ve got to think Veldheer starts vs the Rams, You give Veldheer, a little help on the blind side with Mercedes Lewis chipping and move Turner back to RG to bolster the interior of the line vs Aaron Donald. Huge move by Gutey.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NorCalPacker wrote:
11 Jan 2021 21:04
I"ve got to think Veldheer starts vs the Rams, You give Veldheer, a little help on the blind side with Mercedes Lewis chipping and move Turner back to RG to bolster the interior of the line vs Aaron Donald. Huge move by Gutey.
No way, Lucas Patrick has earned his starting spot right now over Veldheer with no practice in system. Hell, Patrick has earned it over Wagner. Feel like if anything, Veldheer at LT, Turner at RT, Wagner to the bench.

I say best part of this move is that we now likely never have to use Veldheer, maybe ST or as a TE. Doubt he sees the field on the OL in our next 12 quarters.

NorCalPacker
Reactions:

Post by NorCalPacker »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 21:09
NorCalPacker wrote:
11 Jan 2021 21:04
No way, Lucas Patrick has earned his starting spot right now over Veldheer with no practice in system. Hell, Patrick has earned it over Wagner. Feel like if anything, Veldheer at LT, Turner at RT, Wagner to the bench.

I say best part of this move is that we now likely never have to use Veldheer, maybe ST or as a TE. Doubt he sees the field on the OL in our next 12 quarters.
I have to disagree, Patrick is a really solid to good back up, but Turner is far and away better at RG than Patrick and Veldheer has the kind of experience at LT where he can be left on a bit of and Island with a little Mercedes help now and then and he can handle the blind side for a game. Just did it for that last 3 games at LT for the Colts. My money would be on Veldheer starting over Patrick, in fact I think that is the express reason he was signed.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Patrick has been keeping Wagner on the bench all year though, it would be Turner at RT if Veldheer starts.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 22:40
Patrick has been keeping Wagner on the bench all year though, it would be Turner at RT if Veldheer starts.
Wagner also hurt his knee and I think he's been battling with it for a while. If he's not playing, may be health + having a good option in Patrick.

Gotta say, Patrick has been one of the biggest surprises this year. I always enjoy it when long term developmental projects turn out. We'll have him on the cheap for next season, too.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
Lord knows why.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

salmar80 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 23:36
BF004 wrote:
Wagner also hurt his knee and I think he's been battling with it for a while. If he's not playing, may be health + having a good option in Patrick.

Gotta say, Patrick has been one of the biggest surprises this year. I always enjoy it when long term developmental projects turn out. We'll have him on the cheap for next season, too.
Exactly, this is either insurance in case Wagner's knee doesn't hold up or his knee is worse than we thought and Veldheer will play.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Jan 2021 05:02
BF004 wrote:
Lord knows why.
Because Turner has been good this season.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Jan 2021 05:02
BF004 wrote:
Lord knows why.
#1 offense in the NFL don’t lie.

Also think Turner has been better at tackle that most are giving him credit for.