Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

Post by NCF »

:buccaneers: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ :packers: Green Bay Packers

Saturday, January 24th, 2021 - 2:05 PM CST

Lambeau Field

TV: FOX

Joe Buck & Troy Aikman with Erin Andrews

Weather:

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/2 ... e5cf1f239b

Dope Sheet:

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Buccaneers 17

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Let’s make em call us papi.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

WE CAN DO THIS, WE MUST DO THIS, and WE WILL DO THIS!

GO PACK GO!!

“You defeat defeatism with confidence.” Vince Lombardi

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

LET'S GOOOOO BABY!!!!

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2021 08:10
There are years when the #1 seed is not really the #1 seed. It doesn't happen but it does happen. The 2010 Atlanta Falcons and #2 Chicago Bears were such teams. And that is why we beat both of them.

The 2020 Green Bay Packers is a legitimate #1 seed in the NFC. I think we are about even with the Chiefs and Bills if we were in the AFC.

We deserve to be where we are at. We are the better team and we deserve to host the game. I am very confident we win this game. The key for the Bucs is to stop the run and make Rodgers beat them which honestly isn't a great 2nd option for the Bucs.

Last time we played the Bucs they successfully took Adams and Jones out of the game. That is a rare thing and I don't think it happens again.
Bringing this in from another thread to add to it:

I've got a buddy who's jumping on as a honorary GB fan for the playoffs (he's betting large amounts of money on them so he's properly invested) and we were talking about everything that needs to happen again for this game to go like it did earlier this year.

- Rodgers throw essentially two pick sixes (he has 3 in his entire career and 5 INT's this entire season)
- Adams and Jones to get shut down (has that happened at all since the last TB game?)
- Adams coming back from a month long absence
- Kenny Clark injured and on a snap count (he's tearing it up right now)
- Play in a stadium Rodgers has never been good at (obvious one that won't happen but worth pointing out)

Add in the fact that the defense is playing much better, we are better prepared for how they play, and imagine how pissed off the entire team is - I'm sure they want blood for how they got embarrassed last time.

The Bucs longest TD drive last night was 40 yards. They had 316 total yards. They played the corpse of a QB. Let's see how fast those LB's run on frozen ground in 20 degree weather.

Things are gonna look a lot different this week.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Maybe Suh and Rodgers can finally have that conversation. Oh wait, Rodgers will be too busy celebrating a trip to TOM BRADY'S LOCKER!!!
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
18 Jan 2021 09:37
I realize Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan are not Devin White and Lavonte David, but I feel like GB took the lesson from the Bucs game about how to handle teams with talent on the second level and then just completely washed that Bears duo off the surface of the planet. Inside, outside, jet motions, orbits... they threw everything at those guys early and it absolutely looked like they had no idea whether we were coming or going. Have to find a way to use their aggressiveness against them.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
18 Jan 2021 09:40
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
18 Jan 2021 09:37
I realize Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan are not Devin White and Lavonte David, but I feel like GB took the lesson from the Bucs game about how to handle teams with talent on the second level and then just completely washed that Bears duo off the surface of the planet. Inside, outside, jet motions, orbits... they threw everything at those guys early and it absolutely looked like they had no idea whether we were coming or going. Have to find a way to use their aggressiveness against them.
Have to get some semblance of the running game going . Then the play action, bootlegs will work and get those guys on their heels and off balance. We have that, we are good. But I fully expect those guys to make some big plays. Need to limit the turnovers this time. Rodgers needs to be a bit more careful with the ball than he has been the last 2 weeks. He's gotten lucky with dropped INTs a few times.

Defensively, our front needs to get pressure. Don't let their O-line beat you up all day. Don't let Jensen get in your heads.

Should be a good game. I can see any possible outcome happening. Hoping Crosby and Dillon are good to go this week.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

But we lost 38-10.

Turns out the Saints beat the Bucs 38-3, and they just won by 10.

By using mathematical prowess and extrapolation, I would hypothesis the Packers win by 17.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

What's Tampa Bay's REAL fan base anyway?

Here's some info from an article dated January 9, 2020.

For the third season in a row, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had bottom of the league attendance.

The team finished their 2019 season with total home attendance of 355,102, about an average of 50,728 per game. That is good enough for the third lowest in the league. The Bucs have not finished better than No. 20 in the last five years, according to ESPN statistics.

The only teams to have lower attendance were the Cincinnati Bengals, who had the worst record in the NFL, and Los Angeles Chargers, who play in a soccer stadium with a capacity of 27,000. For comparison, Raymond James Stadium has a capacity of 65,890. When adjusted for capacity filled, the Chargers jump to No. 25 leaving the Bengals and Buccaneers at 32 and 31, respectively.

The Dallas Cowboys topped the league in attendance with 727,432 total home fans, averaging over 90,000 a home game. The New York Jets took the No. 2 spot followed by the Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos and New York Giants, the Packers being the only team to make this year’s playoffs.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

In the first game the Packers did not have Alan Lazard. He is big in the running game. No way MVS or ESB can block like he does.

And although he did drop that TD vs the Rams, he is a lot better receiver than most people give him credit for. He is better than MVS.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last half of the season defensively:
Points allowed:
image.png
image.png (25.73 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Yards Allowed:
image.png
image.png (27.61 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Last half of the season offensively:
Points Scored:
image.png
image.png (13.41 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Total Yards:
image.png
image.png (21.4 KiB) Viewed 657 times
It gets even better the closer you get to the end of the season!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have played outside when the temperature is less than 32 degree, 17 times in their history. They are 1-16 in those games with the only win coming in the 2002 playoffs against the Eagles.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Jan 2021 11:22
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have played outside when the temperature is less than 32 degree, 17 times in their history. They are 1-16 in those games with the only win coming in the 2002 playoffs against the Eagles.
Well, I think their current QB might know a thing or two about playing in cold temps. ;)

I’m confident in this match up but not really seeing a great cold weather advantage. Brady, Gronk, Godwin (college), Antonio Brown, Scotty Miller (college), and Brate (college) are just a few I know of who shouldn’t be too greatly affected by the cold. I suspect when we win this game, it’ll be because we were the better team...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

A few years old...
Kyle Brandt: 'Brady is the greatest cold weather quarterback of all time'
https://www.nfl.com/videos/kyle-brandt- ... ime-395812
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Antonio Brown getting an MRI on his knee today. His absence wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 11:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
Well, I think their current QB might know a thing or two about playing in cold temps. ;)

I’m confident in this match up but not really seeing a great cold weather advantage. Brady, Gronk, Godwin (college), Antonio Brown, Scotty Miller (college), and Brate (college) are just a few I know of who shouldn’t be too greatly affected by the cold. I suspect when we win this game, it’ll be because we were the better team...
They may have players with experience playing in for cold-weather teams, but they have acclimated to warm weather over this past year, and they do not really have time to acclimate back into cold environment. It will affect all those guys adversely.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
18 Jan 2021 12:24
APB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 11:55
Pckfn23 wrote:

They may have players with experience playing in for cold-weather teams, but they have acclimated to warm weather over this past year, and they do not really have time to acclimate back into cold environment. It will affect all those guys adversely.
I think what is more is the offensive and defensive lines. The linebackers, etc. If we dominate the lines. If we run the ball well. If we are able to get pressure and stop their run attack like we did vs TEN....it won't really matter if Brady, Gronk, Godwin and Brown are acclimated to the cold.

I think we want it to snow.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.