Packers Release Christian Kirksey and Ricky Wagner

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Feb 2021 03:18
wallyuwl wrote:
21 Feb 2021 01:05
Crazy still $12 million over cap.
Still moves to be made. I could see them trying to talk negotiations with Lowry and Preston to take a pay cut before actually making the cut. They might actually get one out of Lowry. I would just sit him down and tell him: "Look. Heres the dealio. Youre our 9th highest paid player. You play like our 20th best player. [personal insults against Ted shall be deleted here] What youre really worth is Professor Copperfields miracle legumes. You can take this 3 million dollar pay cut or you can take your chances in FA where I can almost guarantee you you arent getting signed in a year like this. The choice is yours."
I think what you say about Lowry. He is a try hard athlete. In the midst of some below par play, he does have some superior moments. That said, I’d think the management could approach him about reducing his base pay and replacing it with a more incentivized contract. (Would that help on his cap hit?) I’d think he probably wants to remain in GB, unless somebody (like the Lions) offers him a ludicrous contract. That won’t happen.

The entire while, GB seeks the elusive high performer to start and never worry about Lowry doing more than rotational work.

He’s welcome to try to find a starter job someplace. But what is the chance that he’ll get it? Not much. I think we play to his hand, reduce the gap, and legitimately be happy to have him as a backup player he was supposed to be in the first place.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Feb 2021 03:38
lupedafiasco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
21 Feb 2021 01:05
Crazy still $12 million over cap.
Still moves to be made. I could see them trying to talk negotiations with Lowry and Preston to take a pay cut before actually making the cut. They might actually get one out of Lowry. I would just sit him down and tell him: "Look. Heres the dealio. Youre our 9th highest paid player. You play like our 20th best player. [personal insults against Ted shall be deleted here] What youre really worth is Professor Copperfields miracle legumes. You can take this 3 million dollar pay cut or you can take your chances in FA where I can almost guarantee you you arent getting signed in a year like this. The choice is yours."
I think what you say about Lowry. He is a try hard athlete. In the midst of some below par play, he does have some superior moments. That said, I’d think the management could approach him about reducing his base pay and replacing it with a more incentivized contract. (Would that help on his cap hit?) I’d think he probably wants to remain in GB, unless somebody (like the Lions) offers him a ludicrous contract. That won’t happen.

The entire while, GB seeks the elusive high performer to start and never worry about Lowry doing more than rotational work.

He’s welcome to try to find a starter job someplace. But what is the chance that he’ll get it? Not much. I think we play to his hand, reduce the gap, and legitimately be happy to have him as a backup player he was supposed to be in the first place.
If you cut Lowry he is definitely going to get signed. His agent is going to flip you the bird and say go ahead and take a 3 mill dead cap hit. Who are you going to get who is better for the 1.8 mill saved? He played better the second of the season for us. And if our new Defense Against the Dark Art teacher is going to be more aggressive with the DL you're going to see him break out more. Right now if you want him to renegotiate for any savings you have to give him some guaranteed reasons to extend.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Cdragon wrote:
21 Feb 2021 06:57
Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Feb 2021 03:38
lupedafiasco wrote:

If you cut Lowry he is definitely going to get signed. His agent is going to flip you the bird and say go ahead and take a 3 mill dead cap hit. Who are you going to get who is better for the 1.8 mill saved? He played better the second of the season for us. And if our new Defense Against the Dark Art teacher is going to be more aggressive with the DL you're going to see him break out more. Right now if you want him to renegotiate for any savings you have to give him some guaranteed reasons to extend.
I’m not at all disagreeing about keeping him. I’m only saying that if another team PAYS him for some reason, he needs to walk. He must not remain a starter in GB. We need better in his position, unless he’s depth. If he’s willing to remain and play fewer snaps, let him and be thankful. But we still need to get another DLinemen.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I just can’t get behind the thought logic of Tonyan is the best TE in football and Billy Turner is so bad at tackle he should be cut.

Just no reason to go that extreme in either direction.