Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:08
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:03
Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:58
All that said, I dont really blame 12. Gutey and Murphy have been about as arrogant as you can be as they peacock to let the world know that they are in charge, not 12. Remember that story where they made a point to tell the media that he wasnt in on the Lafleur hire? Why would they do that other than to show him who is in charge?

Well guess what, league MVPs and HOFers dont take well to guys like Gutey trying to pop their chest out at their expense. Packers org is getting what they deserve.
Honestly the worst take I've ever seen.

That is literally their jobs. They are doing their jobs by building and running a team. If Rodgers can't handle that, it's not because the leaders of the fanchise are "peacocking" or "puffing out their chests." It's because their job is to assemble the roster and Aaron Rodgers' job is decidedly NOT to assemble the roster. They hired a QB-friendly HC who melded and catered the offense to Rodgers and the things he wanted to do. They got 100% on the same page. Rodgers has PLENTY of clout in the org. He helps run the offense and he has direct line to all the major players.

But the team picks the players. And all this "you can't blame Rodgers" is nothing but immaturity. Rodgers is acting immature and like his ego is bruised. And defending those actions are equally as immature. He doesn't run the team and he isn't bigger than it. He's an MVP player and a Hall of Fame QB and a zero-experience GM.
All that you say is fair enough in terms of how things "should work".

But I am telling you how it appears to have worked. Sure, in a perfect world the org makes all the moves and the HOF QB is paid well to perform on Sunday and watch his team makes moves that he doesnt think helps him as an individual. But thats not how it works in 2021. In 2021, when a QB who is only concerned about his legacy at this point hears the org make sure the world knows that he had nothing to do with the coach hire, and drafts his replacement when he still feels young and healthy...this is the result. This is what ya get. :idn:
Honest to god truth.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
I'm on my 3rd beer.
I remember my third beer.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
But I am telling you how it appears to have worked. Sure, in a perfect world the org makes all the moves and the HOF QB is paid well to perform on Sunday and watch his team makes moves that he doesnt think helps him as an individual. But thats not how it works in 2021. In 2021, when a QB who is only concerned about his legacy at this point hears the org make sure the world knows that he had nothing to do with the coach hire, and drafts his replacement when he still feels young and healthy...this is the result. This is what ya get.
But then it's on him for reacting that way. He is reacting the same immature beat way Carson Wentz did. He could respond like Tom Brady did and just quietly grumble and play too well to ever consider replacing him, eventually leading to the trade of his "heir apparent." Belichick certainly never did anything to cowtow to Brady. Brady took less money and won 6 Super Bowls. Rodgers wants more money, more control, and thinks that'll win him more.

You wanna be a winner? You want a good legacy? Go win. This roster is excellent.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:06
texas wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:03
Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:02

This is what you get when you are arrogant enough to not improve the roster in a draft so you can "send a statement" to the HOF QB. I mean cmon. Gutey is nothing without 12. And 12 is about to at least threaten to show the world that.
Well the statement worked so...

I fully support BG/MLF
Did it work? Or was it that a hall of fame caliber QB got more experience in a new scheme?

I’ve never believed the &%$@ narrative that Love was drafted with the lone intention to motivate Rodgers. He was drafted because the team get he was done despite giving Rodgers little help and not realizing he was in a new scheme.

Foolishness.
It worked. Some of yall are obtuse when it comes to motivation. He needed to pull his head out of his ass and change his practices, and the Love pick jolted him enough to do that.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I can see this potentially being a Broncos trading Cutler like cascade. First Rodgers gets traded because he’s tired of the FOs &%$@. Then Adams wants out because he was Rodgers guy and not he doesn’t trust the team. Then players are leaving all over the place and we are left with $%@# Tim Tebow.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
I'm so mad we have to relive these dumb takes by fans and media who think Rodgers is the only person on the team who's any good or that the GM shouldn't have the right to draft the players he wants. I'm so effing sick of this storyline.
Those players may now get the chance to show they can do it without Rodgers

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Also look at the stats. You pretty much don't win a SB unless you have a cheap QB. It's been pretty much Brady and 1st contract guys (or cheap 2nd contract guys) for like 2 decades. And Brady himself infamously takes a lower salary.

Some of yall are acting like we ought to just name him the King of Green Bay. "Quick, he's sad today, let's burn our 1st round draft pick and make a desperate trade for AJ Green!" "Oh no, Rodgers stubbed his toe, let's send our entire medical team down there and also fire BG to brighten his day". $%@# that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:04
Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:02
This is what you get when you are arrogant enough to not improve the roster in a draft so you can "send a statement" to the HOF QB. I mean cmon. Gutey is nothing without 12. And 12 is about to at least threaten to show the world that.
They did not draft to send a message to their QB. This is an absolutely blind wacky take on how a front office works--especially a successful and respected one--that you are clinging to. That the team executives should be making all their decisions based on their QB's ego is the exact opposite of how things should be done.
I don't want to argue over this, but your dismissing some obvious messages Rodgers has made the last couple years under McCarthy, when he several times said we need to run more, and our passing schemes are to hard for the players we have to excel in them, obviously he was talking about the vertical iso routes that our receivers couldn't win, then he was given a contract extension prior to the start of McCarthy's last year, I have no prove but I doubt Rodgers supported that, then he's completely over looked during the hire of MLF, in fact was told to not make waves, wouldn't have taken much to ask Rodgers to meet Matt prior to the hire, heck they could have dont that with zoom, a simple courtesy, but NO, just don't make waves, then last years draft.

hey I'am sure Rodgers can be a snit, but Murphy, and Gute didn't try and smooth anything over.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:13
Drj820 wrote:
But I am telling you how it appears to have worked. Sure, in a perfect world the org makes all the moves and the HOF QB is paid well to perform on Sunday and watch his team makes moves that he doesnt think helps him as an individual. But thats not how it works in 2021. In 2021, when a QB who is only concerned about his legacy at this point hears the org make sure the world knows that he had nothing to do with the coach hire, and drafts his replacement when he still feels young and healthy...this is the result. This is what ya get.
But then it's on him for reacting that way. He is reacting the same immature beat way Carson Wentz did. He could respond like Tom Brady did and just quietly grumble and play too well to ever consider replacing him, eventually leading to the trade of his "heir apparent." Belichick certainly never did anything to cowtow to Brady. Brady took less money and won 6 Super Bowls. Rodgers wants more money, more control, and thinks that'll win him more.

You wanna be a winner? You want a good legacy? Go win. This roster is excellent.
Here is the difference. Brady knew full well that his best chance to keep winning rings was with Bill and keeping his mouth shut despite the tension. He knew Bill was going to field the best special teams in the league, and a solid defense. He kept his mouth shut until he no longer knew that, which came once the roster completely depleted. Then he left and went somewhere he basically is the GM and got total control..oh and has a great D again to back him up and he won a ring with that control.

Rodgers has no confidence the team is going to field the best STs. He probably thinks hiring from within was a total joke. He probably thinks the DC hire was a total joke. He has no reason to believe that keeping his mouth shut and playing nice will win him another ring. Brady knew it would give him more chances.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:14
YoHoChecko wrote:
I'm so mad we have to relive these dumb takes by fans and media who think Rodgers is the only person on the team who's any good or that the GM shouldn't have the right to draft the players he wants. I'm so effing sick of this storyline.
Yeah, Rodgers totally made Z and Jaire stars. Kenny Clark is nothing without Rodgers

Elgton Jenkins and David Bakhtiari are products of their QB.

Get real and stop only showing up to a forum to pile on when negative news stories pop up. You probably thought we'd never survive without Favre, too.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

So the big question is....

...what happens if he's not traded before 7pm?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:18
bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yeah, Rodgers totally made Z and Jaire stars. Kenny Clark is nothing without Rodgers

Get real and stop only showing up to a forum to pile on when negative news stories pop up. You probably thought we'd never survive without Favre, too.
Talk a walk around the block Yoho, let the doom and gloomers crawling out of the wood works have their 30 minutes of fame in the face of drama and adversity, they will all leave when the dust settles again and remain there till we lose our first game and they'll come back and tell us who all needs to be fired.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:20
So the big question is....

...what happens if he's not traded before 7pm?
Nothing...

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:18
bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Silly to name defenders.

You don't think the play of a QB effects the online? Probably the best mover in the pocket in the league. We will see how they go without godgers

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Packers could just hold him to his contract and if he doesn't show, then he doesn't get paid.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:22
Packers could just hold him to his contract and if he doesn't show, then he doesn't get paid.
Hel just go host jeopardy for the year lol

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I dont really think I am being too doom and gloom. Just feel like I am seeing the situation for what it is.

The team played an arrogant hand with 12. He hasnt forgiven them for drafting Love. In a perfect world, he would take that and shut up and play QB and get his paycheck.

Thats not how it works though.

My hope is this is just a middle finger to the org and he is our QB next year, and then we trade him and get loot.

I dont think it spells automatic doom.

I do understand 12s position. 12 doesnt care about three years from now. He wants to go all in to win now. The team took that want and drafted Love, didnt acquire one FA from outside the building, promoted from within on a terrible ST unit, and hired a DC with an abysmal track record.

Who can blame the guy for putting some pressure on the org.

It may work out when we move on. But the teams behavior sped up that move on date. Which may be fine.
Last edited by Drj820 on 29 Apr 2021 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Seems familiar :dunno:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

texas wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:26

Seems familiar :dunno:
And that's why it seems like the Packers probably wouldn't trade him for a high pick this year because they already have a QB that would have gone top 10-15 this year.