Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:47
BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:43
Well if Rodgers was legit not content and SF offered 3 firsts and more a month, I would be quite disappointed to be honest.

I wouldn't have ridden this out with Aaron till his arm fell off, but last years draft changed the status quo. But that much draft capital around Love on a super cheap contract for 4 more years, you pretty much gotta do that.
The report was the #3 pick and players including Jimmy G. That’s a &%$@ offer. Not only are you getting rid of the greatest QB to ever play the game but taking on a bad Jimmy G contract. That gets declined by every team in the league.
I want Jimmy G. about as much as I want cancer.
As far as Rodgers sitting out a year and NOT collecting 37 million makes about as much sense as giving him say in roster building.

My take on this is ESPN is doing what they do, create rumor's to get viewership.
I expect the next take from ESPN will be, the Packers organization is racist because they're denying Love a chance to be a starter.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I will remain a Packers fan long after 12 leaves.

I wish he didnt make his wishes known on draft night, but this is probably just a middle finger to Gutey for embarrassing him last year. I expect that to be the end of the story where Rodgers plays next year in GB and then is gone.

After Rodgers sent this finger, i probably would not pursue the extension. Hes already making great money. Pay him and then get loot for him as we pick where he plays next.

All that said, I dont really blame 12. Gutey and Murphy have been about as arrogant as you can be as they peacock to let the world know that they are in charge, not 12. Remember that story where they made a point to tell the media that he wasnt in on the Lafleur hire? Why would they do that other than to show him who is in charge?

Well guess what, league MVPs and HOFers dont take well to guys like Gutey trying to pop their chest out at their expense. Packers org is getting what they deserve.

Even though i expext this works out with Rodgers being our QB next year, and then we get a haul for him...as Gutey makes his bed with the QB he chose...Jordan Love.

That was a big deal what Gutey did last year. The team will now sink or swim with his decision as 12 is showing he wont let them off the hook.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:47
BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:43
Well if Rodgers was legit not content and SF offered 3 firsts and more a month, I would be quite disappointed to be honest.

I wouldn't have ridden this out with Aaron till his arm fell off, but last years draft changed the status quo. But that much draft capital around Love on a super cheap contract for 4 more years, you pretty much gotta do that.
The report was the #3 pick and players including Jimmy G. That’s a &%$@ offer. Not only are you getting rid of the greatest QB to ever play the game but taking on a bad Jimmy G contract. That gets declined by every team in the league.
Well doubt they just offered this for the first time now (if there ever was), I would rather have what they gave Miami, and yes, zero interest whatsoever in Garrapolo, I would require another 2nd to take him.

But no, pick 3 and Garrapolo would be dumb, just doubt that is where the any possible talks ever would have started.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:56
come on WTF, the FO stonewalled Rodgers, if your going to take his replacement when he still has 3 years on a contract you got to pacify him by giving him some sort of guarantee he will be around to finish that contract, havn't drafted a WR above the 4th round since 2014, the ones we had couldn't play the schemes used, then he struggled with the new schemes Lafluer brought in then becomes the MVP of the league maxing the ability of every other player on offense, ya, I'd say Rodgers deserves some respect from the FO.

I admit I don't know his contract demands, but if it had to do with Guty taking Love to send him a statement, then that was wrong all on it's own, I want to win, and I agree with Rodgers, we should have moved up for a player that could help make that happen Last year, not a player that may help to do it 3 or 4 years from now, I hated the Love pick, obviously Rodgers did to.
This is what you get when you are arrogant enough to not improve the roster in a draft so you can "send a statement" to the HOF QB. I mean cmon. Gutey is nothing without 12. And 12 is about to at least threaten to show the world that.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:58
All that said, I dont really blame 12. Gutey and Murphy have been about as arrogant as you can be as they peacock to let the world know that they are in charge, not 12. Remember that story where they made a point to tell the media that he wasnt in on the Lafleur hire? Why would they do that other than to show him who is in charge?

Well guess what, league MVPs and HOFers dont take well to guys like Gutey trying to pop their chest out at their expense. Packers org is getting what they deserve.
Honestly the worst take I've ever seen.

That is literally their jobs. They are doing their jobs by building and running a team. If Rodgers can't handle that, it's not because the leaders of the fanchise are "peacocking" or "puffing out their chests." It's because their job is to assemble the roster and Aaron Rodgers' job is decidedly NOT to assemble the roster. They hired a QB-friendly HC who melded and catered the offense to Rodgers and the things he wanted to do. They got 100% on the same page. Rodgers has PLENTY of clout in the org. He helps run the offense and he has direct line to all the major players.

But the team picks the players. And all this "you can't blame Rodgers" is nothing but immaturity. Rodgers is acting immature and like his ego is bruised. And defending those actions are equally as immature. He doesn't run the team and he isn't bigger than it. He's an MVP player and a Hall of Fame QB and a zero-experience GM.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:02
Yoop wrote:
come on WTF, the FO stonewalled Rodgers, if your going to take his replacement when he still has 3 years on a contract you got to pacify him by giving him some sort of guarantee he will be around to finish that contract, havn't drafted a WR above the 4th round since 2014, the ones we had couldn't play the schemes used, then he struggled with the new schemes Lafluer brought in then becomes the MVP of the league maxing the ability of every other player on offense, ya, I'd say Rodgers deserves some respect from the FO.

I admit I don't know his contract demands, but if it had to do with Guty taking Love to send him a statement, then that was wrong all on it's own, I want to win, and I agree with Rodgers, we should have moved up for a player that could help make that happen Last year, not a player that may help to do it 3 or 4 years from now, I hated the Love pick, obviously Rodgers did to.
This is what you get when you are arrogant enough to not improve the roster in a draft so you can "send a statement" to the HOF QB. I mean cmon. Gutey is nothing without 12. And 12 is about to at least threaten to show the world that.
Well the statement worked so...

I fully support BG/MLF

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i bet 12 has orchestrated this entire thing including getting his agent to tell SF to send a junk offer for him. The shoe that dropped with Schefter was the next well planned development too most likely.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Rodgers has been professional always despite the constant mistreatment by the Packers. This is the highest performing QB of all time just coming off an MVP season.

Packers have taken advantage of the fact Rodgers hasn't ruffled feathers and not made corrections, I am sure hoping things will blow over.

It is there fault this is now public because they have been too cocky.

Rodgers would be stupid to lose leverage ... This is the best time for him to do this ... Smart move

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
They did not draft to send a message to their QB. This is an absolutely blind wacky take on how a front office works--especially a successful and respected one--that you are clinging to. That the team executives should be making all their decisions based on their QB's ego is the exact opposite of how things should be done.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:03
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I fully support BG/MLF
for one year.

But you see it the same way as far as what actually happened?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm so mad we have to relive these dumb takes by fans and media who think Rodgers is the only person on the team who's any good or that the GM shouldn't have the right to draft the players he wants. I'm so effing sick of this storyline.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 29 Apr 2021 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I fully support BG/MLF
Did it work? Or was it that a hall of fame caliber QB got more experience in a new scheme?

I’ve never believed the &%$@ narrative that Love was drafted with the lone intention to motivate Rodgers. He was drafted because the team get he was done despite giving Rodgers little help and not realizing he was in a new scheme.

Foolishness.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:06
I'm so mad we have to relive these dumb takes by fans and media who think Rodgers is the only person on the team who's any good or that the GM shouldn't have the right to draft the players he wants. I'm so effing sick of this storyline.
Same. Like we didn't "do him wrong", we're trying to protect the longevity of the franchise.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, no one has done Aaron Rodgers dirty except maybe Olivia Munn, and that's ancient history now; like last year's draft should be.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Acquire a &%$@ load of 1 and 2 round picks and move on with Love.

If we need to cut or trade other guys because of the cap, then we do it.

The toothpaste is out if the tube. It ain't going back in.

I wish AR the best. Olivia Munn was the hottest, FYI.

Also, he can go $%@# himself.

I'm on my 3rd beer.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

That is literally their jobs. They are doing their jobs by building and running a team. If Rodgers can't handle that, it's not because the leaders of the fanchise are "peacocking" or "puffing out their chests." It's because their job is to assemble the roster and Aaron Rodgers' job is decidedly NOT to assemble the roster. They hired a QB-friendly HC who melded and catered the offense to Rodgers and the things he wanted to do. They got 100% on the same page. Rodgers has PLENTY of clout in the org. He helps run the offense and he has direct line to all the major players.

But the team picks the players. And all this "you can't blame Rodgers" is nothing but immaturity. Rodgers is acting immature and like his ego is bruised. And defending those actions are equally as immature. He doesn't run the team and he isn't bigger than it. He's an MVP player and a Hall of Fame QB and a zero-experience GM.
All that you say is fair enough in terms of how things "should work".

But I am telling you how it appears to have worked. Sure, in a perfect world the org makes all the moves and the HOF QB is paid well to perform on Sunday and watch his team makes moves that he doesnt think helps him as an individual. But thats not how it works in 2021. In 2021, when a QB who is only concerned about his legacy at this point hears the org make sure the world knows that he had nothing to do with the coach hire, and drafts his replacement when he still feels young and healthy...this is the result. This is what ya get. :idn:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:04
i bet 12 has orchestrated this entire thing including getting his agent to tell SF to send a junk offer for him. The shoe that dropped with Schefter was the next well planned development too most likely.
Maybe. But people give Rodgers too much credit. Just like how they said that he perfectly placed the ball 1 inch above the DB's hands from 20 yards out on a completion to Jennings in the SB, they claim that every single thing he says or does is premeditated.

Do I think he is more deliberative than other players? Sure. Is he some chess grandmaster who plays out thousands of scenarios in his head ahead of time and then perfectly executes the exact moves he desires, 9 steps ahead? No. (And besides, they've done studies on chess masters and that theory is BS anyway, the top players largely are a product of memorization as opposed to real-time strategy and multiple outcome analysis).

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:04
My guess is there is in no way orchestrated by consummate professionals like Aaron, Gute, Lafleur and Murphy.

Guessing someone who is working some angle for themselves or their clients (which might include any of the 4 above).

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:08
Acquire a &%$@ load of 1 and 2 round picks and move on with Love.

If we need to cut or trade other guys because of the cap, then we do it.

The toothpaste is out if the tube. It ain't going back in.

I wish AR the best. Olivia Munn was the hottest, FYI.

Also, he can go $%@# himself.

I'm on my 3rd beer.
Yeah Munn is hotter than Woodley.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Horrible take ... Packers had time to sort this and were waiting for leverage to swing back to them in time.

The arrogance of the team trading up after a NFC championship to draft a bench QB and RB and then FB is shocking. Not offering the MVP and extension.

They are so misaligned with the team and players who are trying to win us a championship.

This front office deserves consistent mediocrity