Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

E0KtSq8WQAAcK2_.jpeg
E0KtSq8WQAAcK2_.jpeg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 522 times

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:27
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:17
Good on Rodgers. There needs to be some consequences for last years idiocy.
this is not going to go over well with the masses here, not well at all :rotf:
Meh. Truth hurts.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, I gotta say, I love Aaron Rodgers. I love listening to him talk about things. I see what Texas means that his intellectual analysis is often a little more shallow than deep, and that's fine. But I love that he loves Game of Thrones. I appreciate most of his non-football takes. I understand why he was upset about the CBA stuff even though I'm glad that it passed. He has some great hobbies and some cool girlfriends and I like Shailene Woodley.

I like rooting for Rodgers. He deserves his clout and to have an ego.

But when he gets smarmy, he's best ignored. Make all the noise you want. Be a distraction. Green Bay made his career as much as he made them a good team. The patience they had to develop him; the years he was surrounded by pro bowl WRs. This has been symbiotic.

But it's a game and it's one of replacement and moving forward. He's not going anywhere this year. It's not financially feasible. It doesn't make sense. So he can sit out and get fined and laugh while Love goes through growing pains, or he can suit up and try to win a Super Bowl with one of the top 5 rosters in the league. Period, that's it. Anything else is just talk.

And then, if he's going to act this way, then this is his last year. Didn't have to be. But once you start making demands every offseason, your days are numbered. Ship him to some AFC team without an innovative OC and let him ride out his married life mad about it. I have no patience for useless bunk like this. Public posturing. Negotiating through the media. Trying to exert pressure on the front office to ignore their process and listen to a guy who doesn't do player evaluation.

Love the guy, not going to turn on him as a person or as a Packers fan. But if he wants to pull this, as the others have said, actions have consequences. Next year? Bye, good luck trying to Tom Brady it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Guess Rodgers was hoping Gutey wouldnt be the only team in the league that didnt acquire one FA from outside the org to help improve the team in the offseason.

I dont buy little Wingo and his additions to the fun.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:32
Yeah, I gotta say, I love Aaron Rodgers. I love listening to him talk about things. I see what Texas means that his intellectual analysis is often a little more shallow than deep, and that's fine. But I love that he loves Game of Thrones. I appreciate most of his non-football takes. I understand why he was upset about the CBA stuff even though I'm glad that it passed. He has some great hobbies and some cool girlfriends and I like Shailene Woodley.

I like rooting for Rodgers. He deserves his clout and to have an ego.

But when he gets smarmy, he's best ignored. Make all the noise you want. Be a distraction. Green Bay made his career as much as he made them a good team. The patience they had to develop him; the years he was surrounded by pro bowl WRs. This has been symbiotic.

But it's a game and it's one of replacement and moving forward. He's not going anywhere this year. It's not financially feasible. It doesn't make sense. So he can sit out and get fined and laugh while Love goes through growing pains, or he can suit up and try to win a Super Bowl with one of the top 5 rosters in the league. Period, that's it. Anything else is just talk.

And then, if he's going to act this way, then this is his last year. Didn't have to be. But once you start making demands every offseason, your days are numbered. Ship him to some AFC team without an innovative OC and let him ride out his married life mad about it. I have no patience for useless bunk like this. Public posturing. Negotiating through the media. Trying to exert pressure on the front office to ignore their process and listen to a guy who doesn't do player evaluation.

Love the guy, not going to turn on him as a person or as a Packers fan. But if he wants to pull this, as the others have said, actions have consequences. Next year? Bye, good luck trying to Tom Brady it.
Agreed. Before this past season, he was arguably just a guy. His previous 2-3 season were nothing special, seemingly due to his own choices, and it made a lot of sense to draft a QB in an attempt to light a fire under him, or, should he continue to decline, actually take over. For all the talk of his MVP season last year, keep in mind we made it to the same point as the prior year during which he was merely pedestrian. And then take a look at the coaching tree from which MLF comes. His compadres have made the Super Bowl with the likes of Jimmy G and Jared Goff. If we do move on, I am optimistic we will be just fine.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:30
Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:27
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:17
Good on Rodgers. There needs to be some consequences for last years idiocy.
this is not going to go over well with the masses here, not well at all :rotf:
We are all talking about the same thing right?

Rodgers is THAT embarrassed he missed a wide open Lazard in the endzone or Rodgers made the wrong read and threw to Lazard instead of Tonyan? ;)
nah, I think Rodgers thought we had drafted Justin Jefferson and became polarized looking for him and didn't even see Lazard, when he finally woke he at least had the awareness to throw it at Tonyan, not signing JJ has had some lousy after affects :lol: :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Im not judging, guessing or anything till i see more than ‘sources’.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If false Rodgers would have a tweet or an Instagram post right now saying it isn’t true. The fact that there’s not means at least on his side he wants out.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:24
Not to be outdone, Florio and Co managed to get hold of Rodgers’ team trade requests...all in the matter of minutes since the story first broke.

:rotf:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:40
If false Rodgers would have a tweet or an Instagram post right now saying it isn’t true. The fact that there’s not means at least on his side he wants out.
My thoughts exactly. This broke what, about an hour fifteen ago? We would have had a statement by now.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well if Rodgers was legit not content and SF offered 3 firsts and more a month, I would be quite disappointed to be honest.

I wouldn't have ridden this out with Aaron till his arm fell off, but last years draft changed the status quo. But that much draft capital around Love on a super cheap contract for 4 more years, you pretty much gotta do that.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Rodgers cap hit in 2022 is 39.5mil. So his contract needs to be restructured or get traded by then. The sticking point is probably the length.. maybe Rodgers wants 5year extension.

Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder from last years draft. In addition, his future wife works in LA. His main home is in San Diego. He already won a SB with GB. He often thinks of his legacy so maybe he wants to win A SB with another team ala Brady & Manning.

So why not force the Packers hand now. Either extend his deal to 5 more years or trade him.

The question is would he hold out. I don’t think so. Unless he is really pissed off about drafting Love.
Love is the answer…

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:43
Well if Rodgers was legit not content and SF offered 3 firsts and more a month, I would be quite disappointed to be honest.

I wouldn't have ridden this out with Aaron till his arm fell off, but last years draft changed the status quo. But that much draft capital around Love on a super cheap contract for 4 more years, you pretty much gotta do that.
The report was the #3 pick and players including Jimmy G. That’s a &%$@ offer. Not only are you getting rid of the greatest QB to ever play the game but taking on a bad Jimmy G contract. That gets declined by every team in the league.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Sooooo... AR is so smart he wants a say in personnel, yet can't understand even his own cap number, and figure out we can't trade him at the moment?

Something fishy here... :dunno:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:50
Sooooo... AR is so smart he wants a say in personnel, yet can't understand even his own cap number, and figure out we can't trade him at the moment?

Something fishy here... :dunno:
I don’t think he wants a day in personnel as much as to just make sure the team doesn’t do something $%@# retarded like last year.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:47
BF004 wrote:

The report was the #3 pick and players including Jimmy G. That’s a &%$@ offer. Not only are you getting rid of the greatest QB to ever play the game but taking on a bad Jimmy G contract. That gets declined by every team in the league.
Jimmy G's contract can be renegotiated quickly, so that's not really a big deal. I just don't know that they really want him as a player. They might be trying to bargain for Bosa or another stud on that D.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Jimmy G's contract can be renegotiated quickly, so that's not really a big deal. I just don't know that they really want him as a player. They might be trying to bargain for Bosa or another stud on that D.
Why would anyone want to renegotiate that?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:54
Acrobat wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Because the contract is bad.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:54
Acrobat wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

You could have SF eat half the contract similar to the Broncos Panthers Teddy Bridgewater trade
Last edited by Foosball on 29 Apr 2021 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Love is the answer…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

come on WTF, the FO stonewalled Rodgers, if your going to take his replacement when he still has 3 years on a contract you got to pacify him by giving him some sort of guarantee he will be around to finish that contract, havn't drafted a WR above the 4th round since 2014, the ones we had couldn't play the schemes used, then he struggled with the new schemes Lafluer brought in then becomes the MVP of the league maxing the ability of every other player on offense, ya, I'd say Rodgers deserves some respect from the FO.

I admit I don't know his contract demands, but if it had to do with Guty taking Love to send him a statement, then that was wrong all on it's own, I want to win, and I agree with Rodgers, we should have moved up for a player that could help make that happen Last year, not a player that may help to do it 3 or 4 years from now, I hated the Love pick, obviously Rodgers did to.