Plant Your Flag

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Will Jordan Love be a successful QB for the Green Bay Packers?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 29

NCF
Reactions:

Plant Your Flag

Post by NCF »

Rodgers-gate continues. Jordan Love is the true beautiful mystery. Where we are right now no one really knows what we have, but to document history, I want everyone to plant their flag on one side or the other.

Simple question. Will Jordan Love be a successful QB for the Green Bay Packers? Regardless of what happens with Rodgers or when, will Love have success here?

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yes - he will have a successful career in GB
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm all in. Whenever he gets a shot, he will succeed.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'll go with history which says NO, about 2 out of 5 first round QB's never live up to draft status, the odd are against Love being more then a backup QB

hope I'am wrong, just being realistic.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

He will be successful.

I am worried Packers fans will chase him out of town though and not give him enough time. I am not going to make really too much judgement on him until the 2023 season.

I will expect growing pains until then. I don't foresee a lot of my fellow Packers fans being as generous.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I don't think so but I can only base that on his most recent games which is 2019 college football.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

I think he will be a solid starter, but if he is not Rodgers/Farve I don't know if he will be viewed as a success by fans.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Can we development a working definition of what we would consider success to be? :)

I think on the field successes may only directly be correlated with the QB when the QB is playing at a HOF level, as in only a few QBs carry teams despite what is around them. Other than that the QB is a piece in a puzzle who needs to do his job.

QBs that do their jobs whether system qbs or difference makers generally get healthy multiyear second contracts. I would define success as that...does Love get paid as if he is expected to be our QB for years to come after his rookie deal.

It’s a total toss up to me. I have no clue. Il decide and make my vote soon tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
27 May 2021 16:04
He will be successful.

I am worried Packers fans will chase him out of town though and not give him enough time. I am not going to make really too much judgement on him until the 2023 season.

I will expect growing pains until then. I don't foresee a lot of my fellow Packers fans being as generous.
So if he starts in 2021 you are going to give him all of ‘21 (understandable) and all of ‘22 before you let your eyes tell you if you thinks he’s got it or not?

This team is built to win now, I hope we don’t waste the next two years before we start to make judgements on Love. Think of all the guys who come in the league ready to play now, the guys that need three years are far more likely to be like Garapallo and trubinsky than Herbert, burrow, or even a Dak.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

How can I vote without even seeing a single training camp practice or preseason game? He's clearly talented, but that's all I know.

I keep thinking of Troy Aikman's and Peyton Manning's rookie years. We might not know for 2-3 seasons.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
He will be successful.

fans are not going to give Love 3 years, in fact, we'll be looking for a new QB if Love doesn't get us in the PO this year, I think You and others here are just hoping Love pans out, and I don't blame anyone for hoping that, I do to, but as I said it's a tough call because most don't pan out. :idn:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 May 2021 16:17
How can I vote without even seeing a single training camp practice or preseason game? He's clearly talented, but that's all I know.

I keep thinking of Troy Aikman's and Peyton Manning's rookie years. We might not know for 2-3 seasons.
Peyton walked into a total dumpster fire tho. love will be given a nice car to drive. If he starts in ‘21 I understand giving him a total pass for this season...but I think it will be time to see what he’s got in ‘22. If he is still a mess in ‘22 I hope we aren’t granting a do over for ‘23. It will be time to use that poor record to go draft another QB in my opinion. I’m all for patience but the team is built to win and he has already had a red shirt year.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I don't think he processes enough of the field fast enough or with anticipation.

I hope I am wrong.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
27 May 2021 16:06
I don't know if he will be viewed as a success by fans.
the masses are asses, there's no reason to listen to them. Packer fans are 0-2 as far as predicting QB success in GB
Bob Harlan wrote about it saying the absolute most fan vitriol he got in his 35 years in GB were the trade for Favre and the drafting of Rodgers -
He also said its not even close - those two QB choices "win" in a landslide of the most hated moves in GB history.
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 May 2021 16:17

I voted NO with no clue why. Mainly recalling the Randy Wright years after Lynn Dickey. I consider Lynn Dickey and Majik successful QBs compared to Wright, Whitehurst and Tagge (and Hadl). It's hard to imagine Jordan Love being the next Favre or Rodgers. Same comment as Crazylegs .........might not know for 2 or 3 seasons. I hope our running game is explosive and our defense is Top 5 instead. GO PACK GO!!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think he will be successful. I can’t imagine a QB sucking in Lafleurs scheme. I don’t think he will be anywhere near as good as Rodgers. The chances of being better than the greatest ever is slim.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I have no idea. :idn:

But it would be hilarious if Love became a star QB.

Imagine getting three back-to-back great QBs for this draft capita investment: 19th overall pick, 24th overall pick, 26th overall pick and a 4th rounder. If you had those picks in one draft, it wouldn't even be enough to trade up to the 1st overall pick, not even 2nd. Heck, the 49ers probably just paid way more than that for just Trey Lance. :messedup: :lol:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Love will be somewhere between Watson and Mahomes for success. A once every few years Pro Bowler. I still didn't/don't like the pick.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2021 16:11
go pak go wrote:
He will be successful.

So if he starts in 2021 you are going to give him all of ‘21 (understandable) and all of ‘22 before you let your eyes tell you if you thinks he’s got it or not?

This team is built to win now, I hope we don’t waste the next two years before we start to make judgements on Love. Think of all the guys who come in the league ready to play now, the guys that need three years are far more likely to be like Garapallo and trubinsky than Herbert, burrow, or even a Dak.
The 2021 team is a Super Bowl roster with a great quarterback.
The 2022 team will likely not be a Super Bowl roster unless we have an elite quarterback. The Love window isn't likely till 2023 or 2024 anyways in terms of being a likely legit SB team. This team is going to have to have a cap reset in the meantime.

Obviously it depends. Like if Love is 25 INTs and 20 TDs then we may be in trouble and I will give up early. But Rodgers wouldn't have looked all that great in 2006 either. His snaps were limited. But 6 of 15 for 46 yards (2006) is nothing to be too happy about. Rodgers was 15 of 31 for 111 yards and 0 TDs in his limited snaps until 2007. Rodgers had happy feet and still held the ball up by his head (it started getting lower in 2006 but it wasn't there yet). It took Rodgers time, a lot of time, to get to what we know now.

So yeah. I will give Love the same amount of time as Aaron got.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't draft another QB though. Thompson did select Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn in 2008 just in case.

You have to give young quarterbacks time. Crappy franchises move on too quickly. If the coahes see potential, which obviously the scouts did, you have to let MLF work with him and let him sprout.

Here is Rodgers from 2006.

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My expectation of the Packers with Rodgers at the helm is 12-5 and a 3rd seed. Maybe 2nd seed.

My expectation of the packers without Rodgers at the helm is probably in that 7-10 to 10-7 range fighting for either a 4 seed for the division vs Minnesota or sneak in as the 7th wildcard.

In either situation, our defense is the wildcard. Joe Barry's system and Rashan Gary/Darnell Savage's ascension is what is going to impact the 2021 Packers the most.
Yoop wrote: