Rank the Roster 2021: #15

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the next best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 31 May 2021 12:56

Kevin King
4%
Jace Sternberger
No votes
Alan Lazard
4%
Dean Lowry
No votes
Chandon Sullivan
No votes
AJ Dillon
31%
Devin Funchess
No votes
Krys Barnes
12%
Eric Stokes
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
38%
Kamal Martin
No votes
Lucas Patrick
No votes
Jon Runyan
No votes
Amari Rodgers
No votes
Jordan Love
12%

Total votes: 26

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2021: #15

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2021 Edition

1. Aaron Rodgers (65%)[--]
2. Davante Adams (65%)[+2]
3. Jaire Alexander (59%)[+4]
4. David Bakhtiari (83%)[+1]
5. Kenny Clark (40%)[+1]
6. Za'Darius Smith (45%)[-4]
7. Aaron Jones (57%)[-4]
8. Elgton Jenkins (65%)[+1]
9. Adrian Amos (48%)[+2]
10. Rashan Gary (48%)[+7]
11. Darnell Savage (79%)[+3]
12. Robert Tonyan (46%)[+26]
13. Billy Turner (41%)[+10]
14. Preston Smith (36%)[-6]
15. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2020 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll.

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 10 guys, a new player is added to the list each day).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

MVS, baby. Go earn a big pay day!!

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I dont see how Dillon isnt a major contributor to this offense in 2021. I have to go with him at this point.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Going with our #1 ILB

ILB is the defense's counterpart to RB.

While I think in the long run Dillon has a higher ceiling and will reach greater heights, this season I think Barnes will be more impactful since the timeshare will limit Dillon's potential a bit.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

1-2 punch with Aaron Jones
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I love Dillon but a time share RB is not going to be worth more to the team than a starting receiver who, while limited in many other ways, is among the ten best deep threats in the league. He opens the whole thing up.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Kevin King. Had a down year and disastrous NFCCG, but still has talent and is a pretty good #2 CB. I hope Stokes overtakes him and he isn't relied on as much but for now I think he's the next best player.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I like MVS in a contract year and with an actual off-season to hone his craft.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
28 May 2021 15:44
I like MVS in a contract year and with an actual off-season to hone his craft.
Ya know screw it.

Lets extend MVS now, trade Adams to the Patriots for a 1st round pick, trade Rodgers to the Broncos for a 1st, Juedy, Surtain, and Bridgewater, and then throw the lowest of our 3 1st round picks to the Falcons for Julio.

Love - Bridgewater - Bortles

Julio - Jeudy - MVS - A. Rodgers

Jaire - Surtain - Stokes

All for at least 3 more years.

And 2 firsts in 2022.

Restart the Poll, I'm voting Love top ten. It's time for Surtain and Juedy now.

(Sorry it's a holiday weekend)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Sharing carries with Jones didn't stop Dillon from having a monster game. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I think its Runyan. But I voted for Love to be the first to do so. Never forget #15. GO PACKERS!

Really hoping MVS emerges as a full-time starter. Would like to see the Adams, MVS and Tonyan trio evolve into a Lofton, Jefferson and Coffman trio or even a Jordy, Jennings and Finley trio. Probably nothing more than just wishful thinking. Need receivers besides Adams that know how to get open consistently on schedule. Left and Right Tackle will be a big deal in 2021 for sure.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 29 May 2021 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Think about this...let's throw our number two out there because he's a number 2 and let us leave our number 2 back because he'll not get as many carries. Lets not forget that he was a 2/3 guy like Lazard.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Trudge wrote:
28 May 2021 20:05
Think about this...let's throw our number two out there because he's a number 2 and let us leave our number 2 back because he'll not get as many carries. Lets not forget that he was a 2/3 guy like Lazard.
Ok, I am TRYING to think about this, but I'm not sure I know what this is. :dunno:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I am voting for Love.

After that Dillon because RB's should not play more than 50% of the snaps and he and Jones are both very good in different ways. With Love at QB, this is going to be a run-first offense.

After that Runyan because he is going to start and he looked decent as a rookie. Just not sure whether it will be at RG or LG.

Lazard is the #2WR. The first qualification for being a starting WR is to not to regularly drop catch-able passes and unlike another WR in this list, he doesn't. Also Lazard may be the best blocking WR in the league and since the Packers are going to be a run first team with a short passing game, no one is going to take Lazard's place as WR#2.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 May 2021 20:39
Trudge wrote:
28 May 2021 20:05
Ok, I am TRYING to think about this, but I'm not sure I know what this is. :dunno:
Man.. maybe I should just vote, explain why and call it a day. :lol: :beer2:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Our starting ILB is gonna have the most game-to-game impact of any remaining player on this list. Barry defenses have amplified the importance of the position. Plus, he’s shown he’s pretty damn good.

Barnes for me.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
29 May 2021 07:46
Our starting ILB is gonna have the most game-to-game impact of any remaining player on this list. Barry defenses have amplified the importance of the position. Plus, he’s shown he’s pretty damn good.

Barnes for me.
I hope you are correct that the Packers finally have a stable ILB position and that they have an ILB on the field on 3rd and 5. But it is hard to rank an ILB ahead of a guard like, for example, Runyan, when a guard plays every snap and an ILB is only on the field half the time. Even more dramatic when compared to the QB because, except for the Saints, you never see 2 QB's on the field at the same time. As for RB, we very well may see both Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Barnes had 80 total tackles, over 30 of them where assist, and had 24 of them in 2 games, and basically did very little in 4 other games, one being the NFCCG when he had 1 solo 2 assist for a total of 3, and basically zippo in coverage, I need to see more of Barnes before I slot him this high, I think we where so disapointed with Kirksey that Barnes caught our eye when he did play so well against the Bears, then the Rams, his coverage has to improve before I'd call him a 3 dn lber.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
29 May 2021 08:30
Barnes had 80 total tackles, over 30 of them where assist, and had 24 of them in 2 games, and basically did very little in 4 other games, one being the NFCCG when he had 1 solo 2 assist for a total of 3, and basically zippo in coverage, I need to see more of Barnes before I slot him this high, I think we where so disapointed with Kirksey that Barnes caught our eye when he did play so well against the Bears, then the Rams, his coverage has to improve before I'd call him a 3 dn lber.
Barnes was also playing with a club on his hand in the NFCCG. I like Dillon in this spot, but Barnes was impressive for a rookie. He got dinged quite a bit it seems, plus missing time with covid, but if he can stay healthy I sure am glad to have him.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23