Whose Side Are You On?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Whose Side

Aaron Rodgers
22%
The Front Office
78%

Total votes: 32

texas
Reactions:

Whose Side Are You On?

Post by texas »

As far as I can tell, we don't yet have a poll for this. I've been assuming most of the fanbase is supporting the front office throughout all of this, and I saw a poll from a couple weeks ago that confirmed that feeling, in contrast to how people felt about Favre.

I get that there are nuanced positions (I have a nuanced position), but for the purposes of this poll, if push comes to shove and you have to pick one or the other right now, whose side are you on: the front office or Aaron Rodgers?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I have lots of blame for the front office and think they caused this, but in the end 12 needs to play the contract that he signed and wanted to sign early. He should have signed a deal he would be happy with long term.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I’m on my own side. I think I side with the team, but I still feel like I don’t even know what each side represents. If this is as simple as has been reported, Rodgers is a weak, thin skinned bitch. I just can’t believe it’s that simple.

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yeah, poll going how I thought it would. I agree that both sides bear some blame.

From what I see, it's mostly the media and other NFL players supporting Rodgers over the FO.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'm on the side of the FO, mostly because I simply don't have any information on what they really did to make the situation so bad. The FO gave him 2 straight years of really good teams that almost got to the Super Bowl.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m on Rodgers side 100%. Doesn’t mean I still won’t be a Packers fan after whatever happens happens but this front office caused all of this. If you disagree that’s your opinion.

To me this team didn’t have the foresight to realize it wasn’t Rodgers that was regressing but the situation around him. MM was a great coach but he was a &%$@ play designer and offensive coordinator towards the end. If you watched other games around the league everything just looked so much harder for the Packers offense and a lot of that was scheme related. Then LaFleur came along and Rodgers was in a new scheme with a lack of talent around him. That offense was gonna struggle. Again the team lacked foresight and the willingness to admit they are the problem. Instead their stubbornness caused them to blame Rodgers for the offensive struggles.

Sure enough a 2nd year in the scheme and Rodgers wins MVP with very little additions to the offense.

We’ve seen this repeatedly in recent years where poor management has cost this team being truly the best. Marcellus Bennett. Jimmy Graham. Dumbarious and Rollins forcing out Hyde and Hayward. Not tagging Perry on a one year wonder and giving him bug money on a long term deal. I could go on and on about the failures from the GM position that have kept us near the top but never at the top.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

signed him to a 4 year extension then drafted his replacement and now they expect him to play on basically one year deals till Love is ready so then they can trade him to the highest bidder, whether the FO ever planned to let him finish the contract they gave him was negated when they drafted Love, so I'am on Rodgers side, I think the FO should do whatever it has to to get him to play, new contract, whatever, if they don't they toss away any chance we'd have for another trophy, and while the fan base is said to be torn in half concerning this now, just wait till the losing starts, that'll change real fast

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m not sure I can vote knowing what I know.

Maybe a small lean Packers, as they’ll likely always get the benefit of the doubt over any player. But still just don’t know what the disconnect it.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Where I mostly agree yoop we can’t say it’s destroy any chance of winning another trophy. People said the same when Farve was traded and we won 3 years later. I would say it hurts our best chance to win obviously.

As for those saying Rodgers has nothing to be mad about and he should play out his deal it’s just hypocritical because the Packers didn’t plan to play out his deal. As yoop said when Love was taken it essentially out Rodgers on 1 year deals where they can drop him whenever they want and he doesn’t even have real control on where he goes.

Drafting Love was a loud declaration that the Packers didn’t believe in Rodgers anymore. They believed he was the problem when really it was MMs scheme and poor supporting casts.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

The FO is not the Packers and AR is not the Packers. I'm for the Packers.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2020, started 1+ game:
Aaron Rodgers
Marcedes Lewis
Aaron Jones
Davante Adams
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Allen Lazard
Robert Tonyan
Jamaal Williams
Dominique Dafney
Equanimeous St. Brown
Malik Taylor
Josiah Deguara

David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins
Corey Linsley
Lucas Patrick
Billy Turner
Lane Taylor
Ricky Wagner

2019, started 1+ game:
Aaron Rodgers
Marcedes Lewis
Aaron Jones
Davante Adams
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Allen Lazard
Robert Tonyan
Jamaal Williams
Jimmy Graham
Geronimo Allison
Jake Kumerow

David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins
Corey Linsley
Danny Vitale
Billy Turner
Lane Taylor
Bryan Bulaga
Jace Sternberger

Aaron Rodgers 2020:
Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk%
372 526 70.7 4299 48 9.1 5 1.0 8.2 9.6 11.6 268.7 121.5 84.4 20 182 7.54 8.89 3.7

Aaron Rodgers 2019:
Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk%
353 569 62.0 4002 26 4.6 4 0.7 7.0 7.6 11.3 250.1 95.4 52.5 36 284 6.15 6.71 6.0

2019 he was 13th in passer rating, 25th in completion%, 15th in TD%, 18th in sack%, 20th in yards per attempt, 1st in INT%.
this team didn’t have the foresight to realize it wasn’t Rodgers that was regressing but the situation around him.
This statement doesn't align with above to a degree. Aaron Rodgers himself had a lot to do with his own play in 2019 compared to 2020. The 1st year being in the LaFleur offense also had to do with it to an extent, as well as roster talent (13 starters the same), but neither of those 2 explain such a large difference. He did regress to an extent. The front office didn't handle things the last few years well, with Rodgers. However, Rodgers signed the contract 3 years ago...
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 07 Jun 2021 21:52, edited 6 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

The FO wants to win the SB every year, or at least field a competitive team that could win every year.. Rodgers wants to feed his ego and his bank account and to Hell with the team and the fans after he retires.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

[mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] is exactly right. The FO thought 12 had fallen off pre 2019, in 2019 they started to think they could do it without 12. Well guess what, now they get to find out. If they are wrong, Gutey must go. He destroyed a good thing.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Ok but to me, the issue of whether the FO could have done a better job is completely separate from the current squabble. Like he is going to quit on the team and our fans because he thinks Damarious Randall sucked? Russ Ball could have signed Jimmy Graham to a slightly better deal so that means Rodgers is justified trying to implode the team 4 years later?

I mean maybe that is a valid reason if we're the Lions and the player is Megatron or Barry Sanders, but even in those cases they didn't act like little bitches and demand to be traded the way Rodgers has. And then the passive aggressive silent treatment? I'm talking my way into not wanting him back at all, even if he wants to come back lol

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Jun 2021 21:03
Where I mostly agree yoop we can’t say it’s destroy any chance of winning another trophy. People said the same when Farve was traded and we won 3 years later. I would say it hurts our best chance to win obviously.

As for those saying Rodgers has nothing to be mad about and he should play out his deal it’s just hypocritical because the Packers didn’t plan to play out his deal. As yoop said when Love was taken it essentially out Rodgers on 1 year deals where they can drop him whenever they want and he doesn’t even have real control on where he goes.

Drafting Love was a loud declaration that the Packers didn’t believe in Rodgers anymore. They believed he was the problem when really it was MMs scheme and poor supporting casts.
I don't care what anyone thinks, the FO made mistake after mistake since 016, and Murphy over saw it all, gave Rodgers that contract, and a year later Guty voided it drafting LOve and Rodgers now doesn't think he can trust there word on anything, so he wants it in writing that he'll get to finish that contract here or he wants to go some place that he wont have to worry about being traded every off season, imagine that, a first ballot HOF wanting job security, the gall of this guy.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Needs a "both equally to blame" option. The FO made some mistakes, and AR is being a baby.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Did Rodgers not have the stones to demand the fully guaranteed deal like Kork Kousins had the stones to pull off?

I got so much blame for the FO it’s hard to think of it all and then come down against Rodgers, but geez man you had all the power in the world...sign a deal you won’t need redone in the middle of it.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Jun 2021 22:22
Needs a "both equally to blame" option. The FO made some mistakes, and AR is being a baby.
Nope, I specifically left that out. The fact is, almost everyone would pick that option because both sides almost certainly share some blame. But gotta side with one for the purposes of this

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jun 2021 22:18
texas wrote:
07 Jun 2021 22:06
Ok but to me, the issue of whether the FO could have done a better job is completely separate from the current squabble. Like he is going to quit on the team and our fans because he thinks Damarious Randall sucked? Russ Ball could have signed Jimmy Graham to a slightly better deal so that means Rodgers is justified trying to implode the team 4 years later?

I mean maybe that is a valid reason if we're the Lions and the player is Megatron or Barry Sanders, but even in those cases they didn't act like little bitches and demand to be traded the way Rodgers has. And then the passive aggressive silent treatment? I'm talking my way into not wanting him back at all, even if he wants to come back lol
<snip>
I own the Packers, so he legally does owe me something unless he chooses to retire. That's how contracts work.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

texas wrote:
07 Jun 2021 22:06

Exactly my thoughts. I think a lot of us are frustrated with certain moves and draft picks from the last 5-10 years. And I get why Rodgers would be pissed about the Love draft pick. I just don’t know why he’d pick this off season to act like this…which still leads me to believe something else happened and we don’t know the details yet.