Packers Countdown to 2021 Football

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Packers Countdown to 2021 Football

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oooff, was 99 Jamal Reynolds??

But Howard Green makes up for it

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Agree love the Howard Green.

Datone gets me more than Reynolds ... Maybe a time factor.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Please use this #99 instead of subjecting us to Jamal Reynolds :lol:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Jun 2021 15:45

I tried to give a mix between the years of goods and bad, relevant and not.

Always gotta go to big Donny Davey if we are talking a real 99 though. Manitowoc Lincoln HS grad, UW Badger, Green Bay Packer, living the ultimate WI dream.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BF004 wrote:
09 Jun 2021 15:58
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Jun 2021 15:45
I tried to give a mix between the years of goods and bad, relevant and not.

Always gotta go to big Donny Davey if we are talking a real 99 though. Manitowoc Lincoln HS grad, UW Badger, Green Bay Packer, living the ultimate WI dream.
:thwap: Ugh, how could I have forgotten about Davey? I think I have his rookie card from 1991.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote: Always gotta go to big Donny Davey if we are talking a real 99 though. Manitowoc Lincoln HS grad, UW Badger, Green Bay Packer, living the ultimate WI dream.
Big Don Davey played while I was in HS attending Sheboygan South. Dude was a man among boys. One of those guys you just watch in awe while he’s on the field.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (138.12 KiB) Viewed 776 times

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Jun 2021 07:46
Oooff, was 99 Jamal Reynolds??

But Howard Green makes up for it
That Jamal Reynolds avatar always made me get squeemish / the heebie geebies, etc. (glad its gone). 10th pick in the 2001 NFL draft ......... 3 total career sacks. Played in 18 games. #99 Wasted pick.

The 16th overall pick in the 2007 draft had 17 solo tackles over 3 seasons. And won a Super Bowl ring. #91 Wasted pick. :swear:

Tim Harris, Sean Jones and Harold Green were all fantastic in their respective days.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 13 Jun 2021 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I still remember people trying to defend the Harrell pick year in and year out.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Jun 2021 21:33
I still remember people trying to defend the Harrell pick year in and year out.
So it's a pick that didn't work out. I didn't like it at the time, like the most of Packer Nation, but it could have turned out much different. It wasn't just momma's home cooking, either. The Packers strength team essentially caused a horrible back injury that pretty much sealed his fate. Maybe he would have been serviceable or even good if the S&C Team didn't suck at their jobs. That 2007 Draft is littered with a bunch of nobody's in the 2nd-half of the 1st Round. A few standouts like Jon Beason, Joe Staley, Ben Grubbs, and Greg Olsen, but not much else. That was also the year I did my first ever mock draft on Football's Future. I had the Packers stand pat at 16 and draft Darrelle Revis. The comments were not kind. Only in hindsight are we all mock draft champions. That's why I usually give the FO the benefit of the doubt.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NCF wrote:
13 Jun 2021 07:00
So it's a pick that didn't work out. I didn't like it at the time, like the most of Packer Nation, but it could have turned out much different. It wasn't just momma's home cooking, either. The Packers strength team essentially caused a horrible back injury that pretty much sealed his fate. Maybe he would have been serviceable or even good if the S&C Team didn't suck at their jobs.
Yeah, that's actually not a well-known fact. Some idiot from our S&C at the time had him do a 1,000-lb. weight sled, and I think he hadn't fully recovered from injury. His back was FUBAR after that. I don't think teams even do that with completely healthy players anymore. Critics of the pick say that because he had an "injury history" during college that that should have kept us away from drafting him, but his college injuries were not of a type that would be a problem in the future (and weren't what dogged him as a pro).

You might say it's evidence of fragility or proneness to injury, which is fair enough, I guess. Personally, I would not let non-reoccurring injuries scare me away from drafting a guy who in my estimation would be the best talent on the board and fill a need. I mean, Jaire was knocked for being of a slight build and having gotten nicked up quite a few times in college. He missed a bit of time early, too, yet I don't think we regret that pick very much in the end.

More to the point, an on-field injury was not what made him bust in the end.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 660 times
image.png
image.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 660 times

image.png
image.png (530.87 KiB) Viewed 660 times
image.png
image.png (5.36 MiB) Viewed 660 times
image.png
image.png (4.89 MiB) Viewed 660 times

Don't hesitate to chip in and keep this running. We are gunna miss a lot of day if everyone just waits for me. :lol:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Attachments
image.png
image.png (1008.59 KiB) Viewed 658 times
image.png
image.png (47.01 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
13 Jun 2021 10:27
NCF wrote:
13 Jun 2021 07:00
So it's a pick that didn't work out. I didn't like it at the time, like the most of Packer Nation, but it could have turned out much different. It wasn't just momma's home cooking, either. The Packers strength team essentially caused a horrible back injury that pretty much sealed his fate. Maybe he would have been serviceable or even good if the S&C Team didn't suck at their jobs.
Yeah, that's actually not a well-known fact. Some idiot from our S&C at the time had him do a 1,000-lb. weight sled, and I think he hadn't fully recovered from injury. His back was FUBAR after that. I don't think teams even do that with completely healthy players anymore. Critics of the pick say that because he had an "injury history" during college that that should have kept us away from drafting him, but his college injuries were not of a type that would be a problem in the future (and weren't what dogged him as a pro).

You might say it's evidence of fragility or proneness to injury, which is fair enough, I guess. Personally, I would not let non-reoccurring injuries scare me away from drafting a guy who in my estimation would be the best talent on the board and fill a need. I mean, Jaire was knocked for being of a slight build and having gotten nicked up quite a few times in college. He missed a bit of time early, too, yet I don't think we regret that pick very much in the end.

More to the point, an on-field injury was not what made him bust in the end.
Harrell was more then just fragile, he was glass, the guy could hurt himself with little to no effort at all

We knew Harrell’s injury was serious, and it’s not terribly surprising. The 2007 first-round pick has only played in 14 games in four seasons because of injuries. He has two career starts.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... he-season/

of all the bust since the 2000 draft Harrell tops the list

and of the 9 or so players on this list 4 are DT, it's why I hate drafting DT's
https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/gal ... rod-042017

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2021 14:30
Worse than Sherrod?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Captain_Ben wrote:
15 Jun 2021 18:14
Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2021 14:30
Worse than Sherrod?
Sherrod was taken 32nd and he came in without injury concerns. Not only that but that was where most projections placed him.

Harrell was massively over drafted and had major injury concerns when taken. It is the 2nd worst pick in Packers history IMO because of how much of a reach it was.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

87 Willie Davis. Defensive captain in the 1960s. Hall of Famer. Don't know how to post pictures on the new board. Go Packers!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Jun 2021 04:19
Don't know how to post pictures on the new board. Go Packers!
Exact same as old board, plus like three other options. All quite simple.

- Put [img] [/img] brackets around the image link, adding a / on the 2nd one.

Code: Select all

[img]www.packers.com/img/touchdown.jpg[/img]

-Highlight image link and hit this button:

-Simply right click on and image and hit copy and just paste it here.

-Upload from your pc, phone, or tablet via attachment or Imgur: http://packers-huddle.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 813fc#p213

Literally just try and I think it would be harder to not find a way that works vs stumbling onto something that does.

Also….
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (112.94 KiB) Viewed 627 times