Packers @ Saints GDT - 9/12/2021 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

Poll ended at 12 Sep 2021 09:26

Packers wins 0.5 (Vote for this to get an accurate count)
19%
Aaron Jones 85.5 total yards
13%
Davante Adams 6.5 catches
13%
Smiths + Gary 1.75 sacks
15%
1.5 takeaways by D
12%
Bojorquez 41.5 net average
10%
Packers score 27.5
13%
Saints score 22.5
3%

Total votes: 97

BF004
Reactions:

Packers @ Saints GDT - 9/12/2021 3:25 CST

Post by BF004 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ :saints: New Orleans Saints

Sunday, September 12, 2021 - 3:25 CST
Packers -4 O/U 50

EverBank Field

Jacksonville, FL

TV:
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=1

Play-by-Play: Joe Buck
Color Commentary: Troy Aikman
Sideline Reporter: Erin Andrews

Weather:
http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2021/ ... -at-saints
image.png
image.png (44.95 KiB) Viewed 712 times

Dope Sheet:
coming...

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Saints 17

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:banana: :banana: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :box: :box: :usa: :usa: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :yoshi: :yoshi: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :tiphat: :tiphat: :cheese: :cheese: :rodeo: :rodeo: :rodeo: :rodeo: :packers: :packers: :packers: :afro: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think the Saints homework could pay off some. I remember Rodgers doesn’t usually play his best in extreme heat. Their DL could also be a problem for our new OL without Bahk and with Linsley gone. I still expect to win. Think we are the better team.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Defenses should both have the edge here I’m thinking.

New Orleans is a borderline elite D and we don’t have Bak or Linsley and are looking to start a pair of rookies on the road and a guard out at tackle.

Saints obviously onto a new QB. Winston can really sling it, doesn’t really take a lot of sacks, prefers ints. Best coach he’s had, but is no drew Brees and are very thin at WR with Thomas out. Packers returning essentially everyone from an improving D towards the end of the season who is for all purposes, still incredibly young. Jaire should be able to erase half the field allowing us to keep Amos or Savage all over Kamara all game.

Calling Packers 20, Saints 10, in a slow paced game with a lot of punts and little success running the ball on both ends.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Blue 58 Blue 58 .... 3 - 19 .. 3 - 19 .. Hut Hut

GO PACK GO!

Packers beat the point spread in a blow out.

Over 100 yards rushing.

Win or tie the turnover battle.

Eat up the clock in the 4th quarter.

27-13.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I expect our offense to do its thing. I also expect Kamara to embarrass this defense. We win this one because they struggle passing down the field when they need to.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I say we give The Sauce an engagement present next Sunday, getting him a nice tuttie.

I love that the tweet says Egg Harbor. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
05 Sep 2021 08:05
I say we give The Sauce an engagement present next Sunday, getting him a nice tuttie.
My TD predictions are Cobb, Dafney, and Kylin Hill.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

N.O. Defense finished 2020 as the # 2 unit in the NFL based on DVOA from Football Outsiders
I wasn't fully aware of their prowess on that side of the ball.

Our new OL configuration will be tested early- and they need time to gel:
Going against a Top D
On the road
In the heat

They shall overcome, but I'm not expecting a fast start on Sunday. ( holy &%$@, there's a game THIS week !!!)
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
05 Sep 2021 10:29
BF004 wrote:
A lot of unlikely scores.

I would say Adams x2, Tonyan, and Jones.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BSA wrote:
05 Sep 2021 12:53
N.O. Defense finished 2020 as the # 2 unit in the NFL based on DVOA from Football Outsiders

Going against a Top D
On the road
In the heat

They shall overcome, but I'm not expecting a fast start on Sunday. ( holy &%$@, there's a game THIS week !!!)
IMO the Packers can't win this game unless the Oline plays well. If there are no holes and no big runs it will be the Oline's fault. If AR has insufficient time and play action isn't being respected, it will be the Oline's fault. If the O goes 3-and-out and the D gets gassed in the heat, it will likely be the Oline's fault. But fault is relative, how much can be expected of a line with probably 2 starting rookies and a 2nd year man that barely played last season? And probably a guard playing LT. It could be that the RT is the only player that started last season at his position for more than a couple of games.

If the Packers do well and win, it probably will be the Oline that should get 90% of the credit. And the Oline coach should get a bonus

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
05 Sep 2021 14:34
BSA wrote:

Going against a Top D
On the road
In the heat

IMO the Packers can't win this game unless the Oline plays well. If there are no holes and no big runs it will be the Oline's fault. If AR has insufficient time and play action isn't being respected, it will be the Oline's fault. If the O goes 3-and-out and the D gets gassed in the heat, it will likely be the Oline's fault. But fault is relative, how much can be expected of a line with probably 2 starting rookies and a 2nd year man that barely played last season? And probably a guard playing LT. It could be that the RT is the only player that started last season at his position for more than a couple of games.

If the Packers do well and win, it probably will be the Oline that should get 90% of the credit. And the Oline coach should get a bonus
The defense should win this game. They are playing the Saints with Winston and Thomas isn’t playing. This defense has the opportunity to set the tone for the season. Rally and tackle Kamara and we win. This offense is going to be fine even without Bak. There’s no way LaFleur goes into this one without a plan and some quick hitter to help the line.

If this defense comes out again and can’t tackle and they’re just sitting back watching team mates struggle to get a ball carrier down it will be the same old Packers defense. It’s something I have hated about this defense for years. They do not rally and I think that’s because the lack of a defensive leader. We still don’t have one.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Sep 2021 13:28
NCF wrote:
05 Sep 2021 10:29
BF004 wrote:
A lot of unlikely scores.

I would say Adams x2, Tonyan, and Jones.
Especially after Tampa blueprinted how to take away Adams and Jones to keep the Packers out of the end zone, I suspect a lot more red zone creativity this year. I was extremely skeptical, but I honestly believe Hill has played his way into a substantial role in our offense. I know it's hard to keep 3 backs fed, but I think LaFleur will find a way and it wouldn't surprise me if Hill is targeted on a lot of screens early in the season. I am on an island, but I truly believe the H-Back role is not solely for Deguara. I think Dafney and Deguara split those reps fairly evenly and both will have opportunities. Finally, with Cobb, I just think Rodgers wills him a TD in the opener. Cobb has always been good in the red zone, too. So, maybe they are unlikely, but what a fun way to open the season.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packers pour it on early and the defense clamps down late. Packers, 30-18.

Read More. Post Less.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I wish it were not so, but I have a bad feeling about this game. Saints 31, Packers 10.

Packers are going to regret not giving Jenkins any snaps at LT and Turner/Kelly any snaps at RT and Meyers a chance to work with his starting tackles. It would have been good for Meyers to snap a quarter with Rodgers also.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Sep 2021 15:49
TheSkeptic wrote:
05 Sep 2021 14:34
BSA wrote:

Going against a Top D
On the road
In the heat

….
If this defense comes out again and can’t tackle and they’re just sitting back watching team mates struggle to get a ball carrier down it will be the same old Packers defense. It’s something I have hated about this defense for years……
Long time since my last post.

Agree 100% with this statement. I have never understood the soft defense strategy. Soft coverage on the wide outs, lack of aggressive gang tackling, etc.

As stated, if the O-line can’t perform, it will be a low scoring game…. Packers 13-9.
GO PACK GO!!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I don't see any reason for us not to win by two scores,, lots of Packers fans will be at this game, probably more then Aints fans, and the Aints rank about 12 on the power meter, while we rank 3rd or 4th, yes they have a good defenses, but ours isn't chopped liver, we are improved over last season, yes we have rookies starting on the OL and with Bahk out we are forced to play one of the best G's in the league in his LT spot, where he has shown to be quite capable, the Saints are a formidable foe, nothing more then that.

my worry is the heat, our players aren't use to it, hopefully we stay hydrated, The Pack 27 to 13. :aok:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
06 Sep 2021 11:26
We all knew this. The question is who starts at LG.