Jaire

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Jaire

Post by TheSkeptic »

Word is that he injured his AC Joint and will be out up to 6 weeks

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
04 Oct 2021 13:29
who said this? you should bring a link along with info on subjects like this, there are 3 grades of AC strains, two QB's recently had them and didn't miss any time with grade 1 strains, players are often out 6 months with grade 3 strains/tears

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2021 13:34
TheSkeptic wrote:
who said this? you should bring a link along with info on subjects like this, there are 3 grades of AC strains, two QB's recently had them and didn't miss any time with grade 1 strains, players are often out 6 months with grade 3 strains/tears
The fact that he hurt it is all over the internet. The 1-6 week estimate came off one of the main YouTube commentaries on the Packers. Right now no one is saying whether it is a strain or a tear but he was clearly in a lot of pain.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pete Dougherty said 1-3 weeks grade 1, 3-6 grade 2, and up to 12 weeks grade 3.

I think Jaire definitely misses the Bengals game for sure. If this was a grade 3 we would have heard it reported that he would miss significant time by now. One of the big reporters would have gotten that. This is likely just a grade 1 and probably comes back against the Cardinals considering thats a Thursday game. I doubt they want a guy playing hurt on a short week going into a Thursday game. They could let him give it a go that night and then use the long week off to get it feeling right by next Sunday.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
04 Oct 2021 13:37
Yoop wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
The fact that he hurt it is all over the internet. The 1-6 week estimate came off one of the main YouTube commentaries on the Packers. Right now no one is saying whether it is a strain or a tear but he was clearly in a lot of pain.
well I refuse to accept prognostication on the length of time Alexander will be out from some internet guy looking for clickers, tomorrow or later today the team will announce the extent of the injury.

as I said, Brady and another QB strained theres and played the following week, any time you dislocate a joint it hurts big time, pain though is not always a good indicator of severity of a injury, who knows, god forbid, but this could be a season ender, reality is we'll no nothing till test are completed

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:02
TheSkeptic wrote:
Yoop wrote:

well I refuse to accept prognostication on the length of time Alexander will be out from some internet guy looking for clickers, tomorrow or later today the team will announce the extent of the injury.

as I said, Brady and another QB strained theres and played the following week, any time you dislocate a joint it hurts big time, pain though is not always a good indicator of severity of a injury, who knows, god forbid, but this could be a season ender, reality is we'll no nothing till test are completed
Yoop - this is two days in a row I find myself agreeing with you! We've had a break through!! :beer2: :woohoo: :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Sounds like no update today. They are having Jaw go through 2nd opinions now from what I heard from MLF' Monday's presser.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

MLF also wouldn't rule out that it could be season ending, so that's just great.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:50
MLF also wouldn't rule out that it could be season ending, so that's just great.
Usually 2nd opinions aren't what you want to necessarily hear. Because it means there is something there.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:55
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:50
Usually 2nd opinions aren't what you want to necessarily hear. Because it means there is something there.
Yup - usually when you need more than one opinion it's because you didn't like one of the first ones.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

As long as it is "just" for weeks, like in case of MVS, I'll be fine. If it's season ending then :hide:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:22
Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:02
TheSkeptic wrote:

Yoop - this is two days in a row I find myself agreeing with you! We've had a break through!! :beer2: :woohoo: :aok:
I'd just like to hold onto a glass half full attitude about these things till I absolutely have to accept a worse case reality, we've had plenty of bad news lately with Z :beer2:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

"Won't rule out season ending"....don't like the sounds of that.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Looks like all of Wisconsin Sports Karma was injected in Giannis' knee.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Feels like 2010

Hoping for the best. Even if hes out til Nov we can scrape by. Season would be a major blow

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

we were wildly fortunate with injuries the past couple years and took advantage of it by getting to the NFCCG, we did not capitalize on it to the point of going all the way.

If that wild fortune has run out, we are just regressing to the mean and going to have to deal with it. Hopefully it isnt season ending.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Man and I wanted GB to make a move for CJ Henderson bad. Panthers got him for peanuts. He hasnt been grear but he was a high 1st rounder for a reason.

Oh well. Keep grinding

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
04 Oct 2021 15:52
Man and I wanted GB to make a move for CJ Henderson bad. Panthers got him for peanuts. He hasnt been grear but he was a high 1st rounder for a reason.

Oh well. Keep grinding
Yeah I would have also made that move. Weird for the Panthers to go after him when they were already deep at CB. Henderson would have given us a shot at a real star position player in the slot (Jaire) and kept King off the field. I think Henderson will do better on a better team. The Jags dont really have the pass rush to help their CBs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I am an NFL fan only since 2007. Say, how did it look like in the 80s and 90s. Did teams also have so many injuries like today? Because today it feels that 50% of all teams lose 1-2 key players every season.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

From SI

According to a study, most AC joint injuries are sustained by receivers and defensive backs. Only 1.7 percent of injuries required surgery and the mean time missed due to the injury was 9.7 days.

In 2019, Steelers cornerback Joe Haden suffered an AC joint injury in the opener but wound up starting all 16 games.
In 2015, Packers receiver Randall Cobb suffered an AC joint injury in the preseason finale but played in all 16 regular-season games.
IT. IS. TIME