Packers @ Bengals GDT - 12:00 NOON GAME!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Packers @ Bengals GDT - 12:00 NOON GAME!!

Post by go pak go »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ :bengals: Cincinnati Bengals

Sunday, October 10, 2021 - 1:00 EDT
Packers vs. Bengals spread: Packers -3
Packers vs. Bengals over-under: 48.5 points

Paul Brown Stadium

Cincinnati, OH

TV:
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=5

Play-by-Play: Kenny Albert
Color Commentary: Jonathan Vilma
Sideline Reporter: :idn:

Weather:
Weather: It's gonna be hot here. Sunny and a high of 85 degrees.

Dope Sheet:
We hardly ever play em. We have only won ONCE in Cincinnati in my life and that was 1998. We have always lost in the craziest of ways.

And the Bengals always wear their special orange against us (I doubt they do this time)

GAME PREVIEW

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bengals 17
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I don't know. I don't have a great feeling about this one. Definitely think it is winnable, and so does Vegas. But I think we could have trouble in this one.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Was just gunna make this, ty!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So I temporarily live here in Cincy. I was so excited to go to the game but I didn't know how many tickets I would end up needing to buy due to some family medical issues.

Well I got the number confirmed a few days ago and ticket prices have EXPLODED. We are taking $250 for top nose bleed seats and $450 to be in the lower bowl. This is a city where you can always get tickets under $40 easy. Even 3 weeks ago tickets for this game were going under $80.

The buzz in Cincy is growing. This is their SB and they are confident. They think they got something. I do agree their arrow is pointing up, but I definitely believe their fanhood is not meeting reality. They are better and ascending for sure and have some great young playmakers. They may fight for a #7 seed in the AFC, but their record I believe is better than their actual performance to this point.

That said, this stadium will be HOT and it will be LOUD. This is not a usual Cincy affair. This city is ready this week and the Bengals are coming off a mini bye. And again, it will be HOT. They are now saying mid 80's on Sunday which is not far off what the Packers played in Jacksonville. I will be curious to what color the Bengals wear. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sporting their white uniforms; though I don't know if they can make that switch so close to the game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
07 Oct 2021 08:57
I don't know. I don't have a great feeling about this one. Definitely think it is winnable, and so does Vegas. But I think we could have trouble in this one.
Yeah I agree. I told my wife I'm not really in the mood to spend $600 so we can both go only to hang around a$$holes in the upper levels and seeing the Packers lose. I've done that the past few years and those games suck.

This city is buzzing this week.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:02
paco wrote:
07 Oct 2021 08:57
Yeah I agree. I told my wife I'm not really in the mood to spend $600 so we can both go only to hang around a$$holes in the upper levels and seeing the Packers lose. I've done that the past few years and those games suck.

This city is buzzing this week.
They've got reason to be. Bengals have a bright future and the present is looking pretty darn good. They haven't had much to cheer about for a while.

Bengals were actually the first team I was a fan of when I was a kid. Boomer, Ickey, Munoz, Krumrie. If only I realized then what a butt puppet Collinsworth was going to become!
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I have never been so pissed in my life on a "Bengals vs Jaguars" type game. Here I was last Thursday a half yard from the Jags being up 21-0 and then waking up the next morning seeing the Bengals came back.

I knew at that point the ticket market would explode. My wife's co-resident went to the Jaguars game last Thursday. He is upper 20's and he said the atmosphere was the best he's ever seen. Even compared to the 2000's Ocho-Cinco and early 2010's era.

Like he said it is a rare sight to see Paul Brown Stadium full and it was full last Thursday and it will be full again. I have hardly ever seen a game where there is so few tickets on the secondary market to even buy.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Living here is showing me just how awful an owner the Bengals guy is and also how bad of a deal the city is getting.

The taxes here are insane to basically fund this team and there is zero investment by the owner to actually make this team fun or enjoyable.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:01
So I temporarily live here in Cincy. I was so excited to go to the game but I didn't know how many tickets I would end up needing to buy due to some family medical issues.

Well I got the number confirmed a few days ago and ticket prices have EXPLODED. We are taking $250 for top nose bleed seats and $450 to be in the lower bowl. This is a city where you can always get tickets under $40 easy. Even 3 weeks ago tickets for this game were going under $80.

The buzz in Cincy is growing. This is their SB and they are confident. They think they got something. I do agree their arrow is pointing up, but I definitely believe their fanhood is not meeting reality. They are better and ascending for sure and have some great young playmakers. They may fight for a #7 seed in the AFC, but their record I believe is better than their actual performance to this point.

That said, this stadium will be HOT and it will be LOUD. This is not a usual Cincy affair. This city is ready this week and the Bengals are coming off a mini bye. And again, it will be HOT. They are now saying mid 80's on Sunday which is not far off what the Packers played in Jacksonville. I will be curious to what color the Bengals wear. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sporting their white uniforms; though I don't know if they can make that switch so close to the game.
Just go to the game and buy them like 11:40 while you are waiting in line. I did that last week for the Packer game, prolly saved $50.

Although I guess it would be like 12:40 for you east coasters.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cincinnati is 2nd only to Tampa Bay as Aaron's kryptonite.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:14
Aaron got 'em last time.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:13
go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:01

Just go to the game and buy them like 11:40 while you are waiting in line. I did that last week for the Packer game, prolly saved $50.
Yeah I'm not giving up hope yet. I will keep monitoring the ticket market and make a decision this weekend.

But the price needs to drop way more than $50.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Few things I have noticed from the Bengals with my limited watching of them:

1. They have a QB to be excited about. This guy can make all the throws and he is smart, athletic, etc. He is a good one. His one knock is he does go in a lot of "dry spells" where he doesn't move the chains and he is also prone to throwing INTs.

2. They have a lot of WR weapons - Jamaar Chase is the real deal folks. He is really good at gaining separation fly routes which is how the Bengals are able to put up 21 points the 4th quarter all the time. But they have serious weapons at the #2 and #3 WR spot as well. Especially Tyler Boyd. That dude is LEGIT and honestly I think is one of the most under appreciated WRs in the game. These guys are probably tied with SF for being the best receive (if you include TE) group we have seen this season and will be top 5 for sure in 2021.

3. Joe Mixon - Dude is a good back. I wouldn't be mad if he doesn't suit up this week.

4. Logan Wilson - An incredible playmaker. The defense runs hot and cold too. I think their defense "looks better" than they actually are based on their opponents so far in 2021.

They have weapons on offense but we also have weapons on offense. I believe we will be able to put up more consistent pressure on the scoreboard compared to Cincy.
Last edited by go pak go on 07 Oct 2021 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:22
BF004 wrote:
Aaron got 'em last time.
[mention]Pckfn23[/mention], wanna hook a brother up a QB rating and record vs opposing teams in Erin's career?

Also what site do you use nowadays?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We win this handily
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:09
Living here is showing me just how awful an owner the Bengals guy is and also how bad of a deal the city is getting.

The taxes here are insane to basically fund this team and there is zero investment by the owner to actually make this team fun or enjoyable.
I heard his daughter has pretty much taken over the operation and the fans seem to like her a lot more.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Jaire is out, I am expecting this game to be a track-meet. We do have the firepower on offense to play that game and win it. I don't really know how Cincy's D matches up with us, though.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:50
NCF wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:22
BF004 wrote:
Aaron got 'em last time.
@Pckfn23, wanna hook a brother up a QB rating and record vs opposing teams in Erin's career?

Also what site do you use nowadays?
Teams Rodgers has a losing record against:
Tampa Bay 2-4
Cincinnati 1-2
Cardinals 2-4
Indianapolis 1-3
New England 1-2

PFR
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Oct 2021 10:20
go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:09

I heard his daughter has pretty much taken over the operation and the fans seem to like her a lot more.
Yeah I can't speak on that too much. What I do know is Hamilton County has had to start paying for actual game day operations the last few years due to language in the lease. There is projections that Hamilton County will end up paying more than $1.1 billion for this stadium by the time the lease ends just to keep the Bengals here.

The big crux will be the lease ends in 2026. So that is when things will start hitting in the media. Will the Bengals threaten to leave if they don't get a new stadium? Will Cincinnati care if they leave and call their bluff?

Joe Burrow's success will certainly make Cincy love the Bengals more and could help build a new stadium, but I think there is also a growing sense in people who are sick of public dollars paying for billionaire's pet project football teams.

Like our sales tax in the city is 8% and our city income tax is right at 2% with state tax at 5.75%. I'm not in love with an almost 16% tax rate on a full transaction cycle of earning and spending. That's insane money and then I hear that a huge portion of that local money goes to support a dumpy stadium and football team?

That is frustrating and I bet a lot more people are starting to feel that way.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Bengals will surely make plays on offense.

But this is another game where their A- game would beat our C- game, but our C+ game will beat their B+ game. So I feel pretty good about it.