Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

Post by go pak go »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ :cardinals: Arizona Cardinals

Thursday, October 28th, 2021 - 7:20 CST
Spread - Cardinals Favored -3.5
Over/Under - 53.5

Mood Music
I don't think they play the bells anymore on FOX, but I love this theme.

State Farm Stadium - Glendale, AZ

Broadcast
EVERYWHERE :banana:
Joe Buck & Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews

Weather
It's the desert. And the ability to be indoors

Dope Sheet
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Cardinals 17
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

No time to rest. We got to enjoy the win last night. It is time to move beat the Cardinals.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If we lose, we blame you ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 07:49
If we lose, we blame you ;)
Why? I broke the curse. I'm 2-0 this year.

Me losing was a last year thing.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

No word if the Cardinals will be donning their black "Color Rush" uniforms this Thursday or not.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think the Cardinals have the best offense I have seen since the 2011 Packers. I just don’t know what you do to stop them.

On the other side of the ball statistically their defense is pretty bad but I think they’re better than the numbers. A lot of these games were over at the half and they played conservatively.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What's at Stake

Packers Win: A Packers win ties GB with the best record in the Conference and a head to head tie-breaker over the West (currently)

Cardinals Win: A Cardinals win puts them effectively with a 3 game lead over GB if the Cardinals win their division. Likely the only GB could beat the west in the standings with a loss Thursday is if the Rams are the West champions.

Cardinals remaining schedule looks to be quite favorable:

Green Bay
at San Fran
Carolina
at Seattle (Wilson may be back)
at Chicago
LA RAMS
at Detroit
Indy
at Dallas
Seattle
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cardinals Defense Ranks 4th in Total Yards
Cardinals Defense Ranks 3rd in passing yards
Cardinals Defense Ranks 18th in rushing yards

Cardinals Defense ranks 1st in the NFL in points allowed at 16.3 points per game.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:03

On the other side of the ball statistically their defense is pretty bad but I think they’re better than the numbers. A lot of these games were over at the half and they played conservatively.
Statistically I would argue Arizona is easily a top 3 defense in the league.

Together they are the most dominant team in the NFL and deserve to be undefeated.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I have virtually no opinion on this game until I get injury updates. :mrgreen: :o

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:08
What's at Stake

Packers Win: A Packers win ties GB with the best record in the Conference and a head to head tie-breaker over the West (currently)

Cardinals Win: A Cardinals win puts them effectively with a 3 game lead over GB if the Cardinals win their division. Likely the only GB could beat the west in the standings with a loss Thursday is if the Rams are the West champions.

Cardinals remaining schedule looks to be quite favorable:

Green Bay
at San Fran
Carolina
at Seattle (Wilson may be back)
at Chicago
LA RAMS
at Detroit
Indy
at Dallas
Seattle
thats the kind of schedule you get when you play a 3rd place schedule, the nfc north, and the afc south.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Let me just say I'm really bummed at the timing of this matchup.

This is honest to goodness a premier NFC game and to do it on a Thursday Night with the injuries we have is super disappointing. (I hate Thursday Night Football)

This deserves to be a Sunday before Thanksgiving type of game and the NFL fans get robbed of it.

Based on our current health, I do not give us much of a chance in this game. I always felt this was going to be loss regardless. Unfortunately the Cardinals have been winning way more than I expected and therefore a loss will likely be the end of #1 seed hopes unless the Rams can somehow win the division.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Thursday night games can be weird. Its unfortunate a matchup of this caliber will not receive the full weeks attention from both teams. This would be a good SNF game.

Im sure Fox is happy tho.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:14
I have virtually no opinion on this game until I get injury updates. :mrgreen: :o
I think MVS and Alexander is a lock to not play (since he didn't practice last week)

I think Bakh has a small chance.

I expect Preston to play.

I am nervous about Gary since he limped off the field yesterday (though he seemed pretty chipper in this post game press conference) DEEAAANNN!!!!!!

I love how Gary is becoming the spiritual voice of this defense. There are so many things to be excited about him.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

We definitely need Bakh. We need to settle this OLine.

Without Alexander, I have little hope. But if no Alexander, we at least need King AND Douglas back.

Right now we can cover one guy (with Stokes) and that matchup is still exploitable due to point-of-catch inconsistency and some occasional sloppiness on the releases (great play for our rookie, overall, but being the #1 CB is a big ask). The Cardinals have limitless weapons. We need the numbers in the secondary.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Im gonna have to see them whip us with my own eyes before I give them my ultimate respect.

Thursday night games are weird.

They are undefeated...yet we only are one game behind. Not like we are 4-3.

Ive got this game in toss up territory. I would not be surprised if we lost, and i would not be surprised at all if we won.

One thing about the Cards in regards to their long term aspirations is that Kyler has gotten dinged up every year he has been in the league. If he goes out for a bit, they are probably doomed in terms of the top seed. I think the chances of that happening are greater than average due to his size and style of play.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Cardinals offense has scored less than 31 points ONCE this season to the hands of the 49ers defense.

The Cardinals put up 37 points at Cleveland which is a very respectable defense in their own right.

This is a game where our offense needs to scores on nearly every drive. The offense needs to come to play. Like this needs to be a 38+ point performance for the offense. And even then I still have our chances low.

I think the Cardinals being favored by 3.5 is low.
Last edited by go pak go on 25 Oct 2021 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:39
Im gonna have to see them whip us with my own eyes before I give them my ultimate respect.

Thursday night games are weird.

They are undefeated...yet we only are one game behind. Not like we are 4-3.

Ive got this game in toss up territory. I would not be surprised if we lost, and i would not be surprised at all if we won.

One thing about the Cards in regards to their long term aspirations is that Kyler has gotten dinged up every year he has been in the league. If he goes out for a bit, they are probably doomed in terms of the top seed. I think the chances of that happening are greater than average due to his size and style of play.
Yeah I'm surprised AZ hasn't invested in a better backup QB. This is a team you want to have someone who can keep things afloat if necessary.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, I don't think this is any sort of a lost cause. If Stokes is our only CB again like he was this week, I will not read a single thing into a loss here. I see the imbalance between our two teams right now as temporary and injury-related, not as a statement about who either team is.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:44
Yeah, I don't think this is any sort of a lost cause. If Stokes is our only CB again like he was this week, I will not read a single thing into a loss here. I see the imbalance between our two teams right now as temporary and injury-related, not as a statement about who either team is.
I agree. It's why I'm bummed on the timing.

A month from now and I think this would be a really, really good game.
Yoop wrote: