Rams @ Packers GDT: Sunday Nov 28th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Rams @ Packers GDT: Sunday Nov 28th, 3:25pm CST

Post by paco »

:rams: Los Angeles Rams @ Green Bay Packers :packers:

Sunday, November 28th, 2021 - 3:25pm CST
Spread - Green Bay Packers -1.5
Over/Under - 47.5

Stadium
Lambeau Field

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=12
announcers Pending

Dope Sheet
coming

Weather
coldish?

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (760.13 KiB) Viewed 658 times

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Rams 17
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'll be there.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So no...

Bakhtiari
Jenkins
Myers
Tonyan
Jones

Za'Darius
Jaire

Maybe's on Lazard and Gary.

Awesome.

Feel like this game is bigger for us than the Minnesota game. Matty Ice never lost two games in a row yet. Damn near should make him unanimous front runner for the coach of the week here with a W.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

This game is huge. Almost a must win. Its at home, playoff seeding rights and getting a bye after. Last week ML should feel like him and staff got out prepared so I expect a Heck of a game plan. Playoff football environment Sunday

Even with all the injuries I think GB matches up well and is the better team. For some reason the rams dont scare like other top teams. Minny is even a tougher matchup imo. I respect them but GB should beat on them.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Most sports books now have it a "pick" game but there are still a few that favor the Packers between 1.5 and 0.5 pts. I guess that's a credit to the Packers team and staff. When you consider all the injuries coupled with they're now facing one of the conference biggies and yet still considered at even odds...or slight favorites? That's sayin' something...

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeahhhh, I think we're screwed. Just too many holes to exploit at this point. I can see some scenarios where we pull out the dub, but it feels like the deck is pretty stacked against us.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
23 Nov 2021 10:38
So no...

Bakhtiari
Jenkins
Myers
Tonyan
Jones

Za'Darius
Jaire

Maybe's on Lazard and Gary.

Awesome.

Feel like this game is bigger for us than the Minnesota game. Matty Ice never lost two games in a row yet. Damn near should make him unanimous front runner for the coach of the week here with a W.
That is assuming that Gary is active.
Yosh has been a Godsend. Newsome is finally maturing.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
23 Nov 2021 11:42
Yeahhhh, I think we're screwed. Just too many holes to exploit at this point. I can see some scenarios where we pull out the dub, but it feels like the deck is pretty stacked against us.
Kinda feeling this (but not quite to the level of "screwed") considering the Rams are coming off a bye week and have had a chance to incorporate new toy OBJ into their offense a little better. I'm sure we'll see some unscouted looks and surprise wrinkles from the wonder-boy McVay.

With Woods out, teams could have focused more attention on Kupp and slowed them down a bit. Now with a week to work with OBJ, I'm sure Woods' loss wont be near as impactful.

Still think we have a good shot in this but I was more confident against MN. Should've beat the Vikes, would love to make that up with a win over the Rams.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

This is certainly not a must win, but a loss will really screw up our playoff seeding.

I agree though; it does feel like we are in a pretty big hole here. Not really sure that we have the horses right now to hang with them and I doubt that the team feels that this is as important as we do as fans. I expect us to treat everyone who's iffy with extreme caution, limp into the bye week, and try to get healthy for the stretch run.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our CBs vs their WRs and our Center and RG vs their interior defensive line is what scares me.

Center and RG is our weakest position group outside of special teams by far this season. Just too many errors which allows the opposing defense to get to the QB really, really quick.

I fear that is happening again. I absolutely love this 2021 football team. They are resilient as hell but at some point it becomes too much handle. And I think we may be approaching that point.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
23 Nov 2021 12:10
Our CBs vs their WRs and our Center and RG vs their interior defensive line is what scares me.

Center and RG is our weakest position group outside of special teams by far this season. Just too many errors which allows the opposing defense to get to the QB really, really quick.

I fear that is happening again. I absolutely love this 2021 football team. They are resilient as hell but at some point it becomes too much handle. And I think we may be approaching that point.
And yet it was Billy Turner that had the worst pff vs the Vikings https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... t-vikings/

and vs the Seahawks Newman had the 2nd best pff second only to Dillon.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... -seahawks/

I understand that pff isn't perfect but it seems to me that Newman is getting better. Can't get Myers back soon enough, IMO. Patrick isn't getting better.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Nov 2021 12:31
go pak go wrote:

And yet it was Billy Turner that had the worst pff vs the Vikings https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... t-vikings/

I understand that pff isn't perfect but it seems to me that Newman is getting better. Can't get Myers back soon enough, IMO. Patrick isn't getting better.
:dunno:
1. RT Billy Turner, 53.3
2. C Lucas Patrick, 54.4
3. WR Randall Cobb, 55.3
4. RG Royce Newman, 56.0
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Nov 2021 12:31
go pak go wrote:

I think you cherry picked one game about Royce to make him look good.

By and large the worst two performers on the Oline this year have been Royce Newman and Lucas Patrick.

Billy Turner has had an up and down year. Far more inconsistent than last year but overall still a player I trust.

The left side of the line has been largely good. John Runyan is starting to show he is the 2nd best guard on this team after Elgton Jenkins. Of course we don't get that luxury anymore of who will play where once Bakh comes back.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Nov 2021 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Nov 2021 12:35

:dunno:
1. RT Billy Turner, 53.3
2. C Lucas Patrick, 54.4
3. WR Randall Cobb, 55.3
4. RG Royce Newman, 56.0
Doesn't that Randall Cobb grade seem weird? I don't know why they put him at such a low grade. He appeared open a few times to start the game. Rodgers just decided to throw deep to MVS every play instead.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

:pray:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I mean this is a rams team that got Smoked and I mean smoked by the 49ers. I know that doeant matter thisbweek but I dont think we are screwed. They are not some unbeatable foe. Quite the opposite really I think we match up well and punch them in the mouth

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

If we ever learned anything about football in the NFL, it's that we can't line up the black and white details and then make predictions.

I remember years ago when Jimmy the Greek was on CBS and he would call the outcomes of the games. He used to have an "intangibles" category right up there with the position groups. And he probably put almost as much weight into the intangibles as anything else. Yeah, he missed his share of picks! But it's a good point about the game. Chris Berman would say, "That, ladies and gentlemen, is why they play the game."

Anyhow, here are some intangibles for this week.
OBJ might be motivated to do well in his new suit.
Stafford hasn't beaten GB in a long time, including one recent year where the Lions led the Pack for 60 minutes in both games and still LOST both games. If he isn't motivated this week, he never will be.
Is Gary a difference maker? If he misses the game, who will provide pass rush?
Is the Pack weary of overcoming injuries? Is that a thing? Or are they just doing the "next man forward" thing and doing more than surviving?
ALL of our STs.
MVS has something to prove, I think. And he's probably going to. This is a time for him to take another step forward that he hasn't yet taken.
Will our OLine take a step backwards after losing Jenkins? How could it not, right?
Will somebody, anybody please step up at TE to catch some passes for Rodgers?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Is Myers done for the year? With all the injuries I don't even remember who is hurt with what ir how long they are expected out

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Nov 2021 09:19
Is Myers done for the year? With all the injuries I don't even remember who is hurt with what ir how long they are expected out
Myers is expected back, but they were very vague with his prognosis, if I recall

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Nov 2021 09:44
wallyuwl wrote:
24 Nov 2021 09:19
Myers is expected back, but they were very vague with his prognosis, if I recall
Honestly Meyer's prognosis is literally the same as everyone elses. :lol:

Maybe they come back in December. We don't know. Hope they can. How effective will they be?
Yoop wrote: