Browns @ Packers GDT: Saturday, December 25th, 2021; 3:30pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Browns @ Packers GDT: Saturday, December 25th, 2021; 3:30pm CST

Post by paco »

:browns: Cleveland Browns @ :packers: Green Bay Packers

Saturday, December 25th, 2021 - 3:30pm CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -7.5
Over/Under: 44.5

Stadium
Lambeau Field

Broadcast
FOX / NFL NETWORK / AMAZON
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=16

Announcers
Erin Andrews

Oh, Buck and Aikman will be there, too...

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... wk-16-2021

Weather
weather.JPG
weather.JPG (44.3 KiB) Viewed 654 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Browns 17
Last edited by paco on 22 Dec 2021 13:26, edited 2 times in total.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Maybe some snow, but not sure that's a benefit for us. Some guys coming off the Covid list for the Browns, but others going on (Greg Newsome). Something to monitor.

This won't be an easy one for us. Browns are a tough matchup. Have to find a way to slow down Garrett (hopefully his groin is a problem) and Clowney. And don't let Chubb run over us all day.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

MVS on covid list. Just as he was starting to get into it.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Dec 2021 13:51
MVS on covid list. Just as he was starting to get into it.
Still a chance he can play. It's believed he is vaccinated.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Garrett and Clowney can certainly cause a lot of problems for Nijman and Clowney.

Pissed Bakhtiari isn’t practicing now after he did last week. Really don’t want to just throw him out there in January, he needs regular season reps.

Be awesome if Jaire is a go. Should really open it up for Barry to get guys in the backfield against the run and pass alike.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Got to wonder if Bak had another setback at this point.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
22 Dec 2021 14:18
Got to wonder if Bak had another setback at this point.
Yup. Seems like it is a whole lost year. But I'd tear my ACL for $14 million or whatever he is being paid this year to not play.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
22 Dec 2021 14:04

Pissed Bakhtiari isn’t practicing now after he did last week. Really don’t want to just throw him out there in January, he needs regular season reps.
Honestly at this point I think the winds are shifting that Bakh won't be playing at all until September 2022.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
Be awesome if Jaire is a go. Should really open it up for Barry to get guys in the backfield against the run and pass alike.
LaFleur already basically said no on Jaire yesterday.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
22 Dec 2021 14:49
BF004 wrote:

Honestly at this point I think the winds are shifting that Bakh won't be playing at all until September 2022.
I haven't seen it lately, but after a number of comparisons to 2010, some finally started realizing the parallels between this team and the 1996 team. Unfortunately, this could be another major link with 2021 Bakhtiari becoming the 1996 Ken Ruettgers.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

the following Browns players will be off the COVID-19 list in time to play on Christmas:

• Mayfield
• wide receiver Jarvis Landry
• left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr.
• defensive tackle Malik McDowell
• nickelback Troy Hill (not expected to play due to a knee injury)
• defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo
• safety Nate Meadors (practice squad)
• tight end Ross Travis (practice squad)

the following Browns players on the COVID-19 list would need to test out of the protocols to be eligible to play Saturday:

• Newsome (also in concussion protocol)
• Keenum
• defensive end Jadeveon Clowney
• right tackle James Hudson III
• linebacker Mack Wilson
• running back Kareem Hunt (not expected to play due to an ankle injury)
• safety Ronnie Harrison Jr.
• cornerback A.J. Green
• linebacker Tony Fields II
• safety Grant Delpit
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Amazing how everyone hears the words someone says differently.

I did not get the impression that MLF expects Clark to play Saturday. Just that he hopes, IF he's cleared. And also he rather have him practice first.

But media running with notion that it's going to happen.

Think its best if I listen to all pressers myself and not rely on others' interpretations.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
22 Dec 2021 15:36

I did not get the impression that MLF expects Clark to play Saturday. Just that he hopes, IF he's cleared. And also he rather have him practice first.

Think its best if I listen to all pressers myself and not rely on others' interpretations.
Thing is, unless he says explicitly one way or the other, nothing should be considered concrete until 90 minutes before the game when rosters are due.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Dec 2021 16:26
paco wrote:

Thing is, unless he says explicitly one way or the other, nothing should be considered concrete until 90 minutes before the game when rosters are due.
Exactly. I know the media has to do their job. But it's mostly their fault people had unrealistic expectations about Bakhtiari. Shouldn't have had any talk of coming back until a month or so ago.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
22 Dec 2021 15:14
go pak go wrote:
22 Dec 2021 14:49
BF004 wrote:

I haven't seen it lately, but after a number of comparisons to 2010, some finally started realizing the parallels between this team and the 1996 team. Unfortunately, this could be another major link with 2021 Bakhtiari becoming the 1996 Ken Ruettgers.
I'm pretty sure the 1996 team starting player losses due to injury were Ruettgers, Brooks and Koonce. Bruce Wilkerson filled in for Ruettgers, Andre Risen filled in for Brooks, and Ron Cox filled in for Kooooooooonce. Koooooooonce as in Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn. :woohoo:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
22 Dec 2021 16:45
wallyuwl wrote:
paco wrote:

Exactly. I know the media has to do their job. But it's mostly their fault people had unrealistic expectations about Bakhtiari. Shouldn't have had any talk of coming back until a month or so ago.
He probably should have not been activated and put on Instead.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
22 Dec 2021 17:27
paco wrote:
22 Dec 2021 16:45
wallyuwl wrote:

He probably should have not been activated and put on Instead.
They must still think he has a chance to play this year. They had no choice but to activate him or lose him for the year. If he didn't have a chance to play, they'd IR him again and make better use of the roster spot.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

They had to activate him or he would have been on season ending IR. Not sure why they couldn't IR him after that though.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."