Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, January 9th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, January 9th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions :lions:

Sunday, January 9th, 2020, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -2.5
Over/Under: 42.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMh5mvSvYJU - HAIL MARY!

Stadium

Ford Field

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=18

Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... wk-18-2021

Weather

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jordan Love breaks Matt Flynn’s TDs in a game record.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 12:24
Aaron Rodgers breaks Matt Flynn's TDs in a game record! In the first half!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Hot Take: These Lions are too prideful and motivated to give up that many touchdowns in one half

(see what I did there?)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This would be such a fun game to go to.

Super chill. Super cheap.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I expect a hell of a game actually.

These Lions are fighters. I am hoping guys like Clark, Adams and Rodgers only play a half or less.

Great opportunity for Burks, Lancaster, Slayton, Henry Black, Vernon Scott, Patrick Taylor, Garvin, Ganalia, etc. Really excited for this game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bakh and Myers practicing today! Love to see it. No Z yet. Jaire still on Covid list along with Keke.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Let's see if the knee swells up again (Bak).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Lions = anti tankers, they'll try at least till we get a 2 score lead, or about 5 minutes :aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 12:26
BF004 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers breaks Matt Flynn's (and his own) TDs in a game record.
Jordan Love breaks Aaron Rodgers' TDs in a game record.

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
05 Jan 2022 14:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 12:26
BF004 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers breaks Matt Flynn's (and his own) TDs in a game record.
Jordan Love breaks Aaron Rodgers' TDs in a game record.

:lol:
YES! 15 passing TDs!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Cobb, Bakhtiari, Myers practiced. Alexander and Turner still on COVID list.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Only a 2.5 point line. Surprised they even put a line on this game with all the unknowns about who will play or how much.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Is it me or does Ford Field look like a warehouse with seats?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just no one say ‘I like what the lions are doing’.

If you mean it’s cool they have a lot of draft picks, that’s one thing. But they are competing for the 2nd pick in the draft, they don’t have a QB, they are an all around bad team. There is simply nothing to like.

I’d maybe count 3 starters on that team if we combine rosters, Ragnow, Brockers and probably some LB over Barnes. I’ll even give them a 4th for their long snapper whoever he might be.

They literally need about 20 new starters including QB, they are not headed in the right direction.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 17:29

If you mean it’s cool they have a lot of draft picks, that’s one thing. But they are competing for the 2nd pick in the draft, they don’t have a QB, they are an all around bad team. There is simply nothing to like.

I’d maybe count 3 starters on that team if we combine rosters, Ragnow, Brockers and probably some LB over Barnes. I’ll even give them a 4th for their long snapper whoever he might be.

They literally need about 20 new starters including QB, they are not headed in the right direction.
Can I say that I like the coaching staff Dan Campbell assembled? I'm not sure about Campbell, but they hired pretty much every position coach that was getting "this guy might really be something" buzz around the coaching offseason rumor mills

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MLF said that Wednesdays are usually individual work and then walkthroughs

Of the injured players returning to practice, he said that they would go through the individuals, and then we'll see if they do the walkthrough.

Walkthroughs are, to me, just about game planning. So while we at home won't be privvy to this info, basically if the guys feel good enough after doing individual drills and reps in practice, they will be included in the panning portion.

Thursdays are the fullest-contact days of the practice week. I think anyone of our questionable guys who practices tomorrow, even in a limited extent, indicates they got through the individual drills feeling good enough to practice again, and they're not being rested.

Just throwing out some tea leaves to read tomorrow

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Lions haven't won a Championship since before the Vikings were a team, and before Vince came to Green Bay as Head Coach. Vikings haven't won one either.
What else do the Vikings and Lions have in common?
:hide:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 17:29

Um no. Amon-Ra St. Brown, TJ Hockenson, Sewell, Charles Harris and their RBs are all good building blocks.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lake shark wrote:
05 Jan 2022 19:03
Um no. Amon-Ra St. Brown, TJ Hockenson, Sewell, Charles Harris and their RBs are all good building blocks.
I actually LOVE their 2021 draft