Davante To Da Raidas for picks 22 and 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

texas
Reactions:

Davante To Da Raidas for picks 22 and 53

Post by texas »

:shock:

TB4
Reactions:

Post by TB4 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Just going to say wow. Not displeased, but certainly not expected.

No way that comment from Adams is real.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TB4 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 19:15
Damn it. Was really hoping Hunter Renfrow was somehow coming this way in the deal.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yeah, looking at it with a wider lens, that Adams quote has got to be fake.

The Demovsky tweet is interesting, if true.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Trade value is a no brainer for age and contract IMO.

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

texas wrote:
15 Mar 2022 22:00
Honestly I would be fine with letting him walk if it weren't for the presumption that letting him walk would be unacceptable to Rodgers.

Fact is, he's our best WR by far. But the other fact is that Rodgers has an extreme over-reliance on him which hurts us when it counts. Plus we'd save all that money.
Still happy enough with this outcome. The more MLF can build our team like the 2019 49ers, the better. And Rodgers simply gets tunnel vision for Davante in the playoffs, and it hurts us.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

The Packers will miss him in the red zone.
Love is the answer…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

:clap: :clap:

This was the right move. It forces Rodgers to be an MVP player and relieves us some cap space while also getting some draft capital. I wouldn't mind bringing MVS back now. But we will need a legit starter too at WR too.

Davante Adams was an absolute joy to watch. He, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver and Antonio Freeman have such special places in my heart.

Thank you Davante!!! Glad your house is in the city you work!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

This news just makes me realize one thing:

We have a lot of clowns on Twitter.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

It was fun watching Devonte, he and Rodgers where a great combo, but this will allow us to rebuild the WR position, two very good receivers, maybe 3 adds more diversity, makes it harder for a defense to defend, so if we get a first use it on a WR in this loaded WR draft class.

Ya, weird parting remarks, which player contract was he referring to< Rodgers, Campbell ? who knows, It came down to show me the money so everyone will respect me as the best, or I'am off to Vegas, the Radars, and my new home I bought a month ago when this was all rehearsed, now he's gonna act like some signed player stole his money, Love ya Tae, good luck except when playing us. :munch:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Mar 2022 18:44
Adams got his money and Packers did the right thing based off what he wanted. Happy for both! Well done Gute.
I did not see it coming but I agree. Wanted Aaron traded as well but oh well. Shocked but happy.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Looks like the Packers will be moving up in the 1st round of the draft to say the least.
Love is the answer…

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

paco wrote:
17 Mar 2022 19:37
This is funny, but did the writer not realize Carr was Adams QB in college? Personally, I think Adams is REALLY going to miss Rodgers throwing to him. It's also obvious from what I am hearing that given the Packers matched the offer, Adams simply wanted to leave GB. I'm sorry to hear he felt this way, but I do believe the Packers are better getting these draft picks and the cap space for him.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

WR is just not the position to pay that kind of money. I really think he wanted out of the Green Bay cold weather. Now we can get Williams and another WR in the draft.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

FWIW, Davante was pick 53.

To draft him, get that production out of him for what, maybe 70 million over 8 years, then to trade him for pick 53 again, and a first. Thats a decent ROI

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

idk why he would have wanted to leave

We all are well aware of Rodgers' issues (although those also came out of nowhere last year), but it's weird that apparently Davante was also having problems.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Funny, I had Las Vegas pegged as my favorite non-GB destination for Aaron.

Just new coach, Carr in lame duck contract at the moment, tons of cap room.

Thought if we drafted Aaron to Denver or Las Vegas, we could make them big for Davante together as well (given he'd play with Rodgers or Carr), with kind of the biggest factor being to stop the other team from getting him.