Fiasco Mock 3.0

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Fiasco Mock 3.0

Post by lupedafiasco »

Round 1:
Ross Blacklock DT TCU
I have gone back and forth between Madubuike and Blacklock all offseason on the defensive line. I do believe Madubuike is the athlete and pass rusher. On the other hand he takes plays off, has off the field concerns, and isnt the run defender Blacklock is. Blacklock is a complete player with a nonstop motor and a powerful run defender. Hes also very quick for a big guy at 6'4 290 he ran a 4.9 and a 1.7 split. It doesnt matter who we get at LB if they arent going to be kept clean or if the DL cant get off their blocks. Dean Lowry is just an OK player. Lancaster doesnt offer much. This pick could be used on an OT but I dont think he starts over Wagner right away and it doesnt improve the team at the value the pick could. It would be getting a backup two years in a row in the 1st round. I dont believe any of the 1st round LBs get by the Raiders, Patriots, or Ravens. They could go WR but I dont think they need a #1 WR with Adams on the team for the forseeable future. They just need a competent #2 and they can get one in the 2nd or 3rd round and they still have Lazard and ESB with potential. Blacklock had an achilles injury in 2018 but was strong in 2017 and bounced back and played well in 2019. Imagine another year off the injury. He could be even better especially with Clark next to him and the Smith on the edge. He checks the Packers 1st round box as an elite athlete and good team attitude.

Round 2:
Brandon Aiyuk WR AZ St
Its possible I could be wrong here but I think Aiyuk will be available at the end of the 2nd. I think overall teams will take the physical specimens over him like Mims, Hamler, Ragaer, Claypool, and Higgins (not in any order). Aiyuk fills a ton of needs for the Packers. He is a good and willing blocker for his size. He also is a dynamic returner. With the ball in his hands he can be a gamebreaker. Hes a "bigger" slot WR who would thrive in this offense as a playmaker and blocker. With the Packers not seeming to want Tyler Ervin back theyll need someone to be a returner. Aiyuk can be a dangerous player for a team that lacks playmakers. Could be the next star WR in a long line of successful 2nd round WRs.

Round 3:
Terrence Steele OT Texas Tech
Steele has all the measurables to be a great OT. He ran well at the combine, had the 5th best split of all offensive lineman, and for you arm guys checked in with 35 1/8 arms. At 6'6 312 hes a perfect project OT to learn the ropes while Wagner starts. Hes reported to have a good work ethic and was captain of the team. Hes a pretty solid pass blocker. His run blocking lacks that nastiness you want from OTs but its the 3rd round. Theres potential for him to be a swing tackle at the very worst. He has experience at both LT and RT. This is the perfect addition to get in the late rounds. He athletically fits the position but lacks some strength and technique.

Round 4:
Logan Wilson LB Wyoming
Wilson had really good testing numbers to go all along with really great production and experience. He has good size for the position and could do well in coverage although with Raven Greene youre better off pulling him for more speed. Wilson would be more of your sideline to sideline defender who can take on blockers and prevent backs from getting more than 5 yards. Kirksey can be that speedy attacking LB that can cover as well.

Round 5:
Devin Duvernay WR Texas
This is my guy. Hes a burner. Thickly built and dangerous with the ball in his hand. His route running is a bit stiff but his hands are great and his tracking ability is top notch. Hes another guy similar to Aiyuk to play that slot role or returner and has game breaking ability. It gives you flexibility at returner and adds a legitimate deep threat that can take the top off of the defense or get an end around/screen and go the distance.

(Im not going to put any trades in here but I do think the Pack should find a way to use these 5 picks in the last 2 round to manuever up in the 4th or 5th)
6a:
Darrynton Evans RB Appalacian St
This is a burner at RB. Another game breaking player that can be a replacement for Tyler Ervin. This is a running back that reminds me of what SF has. His vision is good and his ability to turn speed into power is ok for his size. This is a player who has the potential to actually be a contributor and replace Aaron Jones when we wisely decide not to pay him.

Round 6b:
Kindle Vildor CB Georgia Southern
Hes a bit undersized at 5'11 but ran well at the combine and he has a history of breaking up a ton of passes and making plays on the ball. He adds depth to a deep position and can be a good STs player with his speed as a gunner and kick coverage player.

Round 6c:
Jacob Breeland TE Oregon
Breeland is a big TE target who has been a good redzone threat for Oregon. He didnt work out at the combine because he was still recovering from a knee injury. I think he could be a decent STs player with the potential to develop into a reserve TE.

Round 7a:
Trystan Colon-Castillo C Mizzou
This is a project pick. He needs to get significantly stronger. He only put up 11 BPRs and that shows on tape as sometimes he gets bulled over. He does have solid technique though but he needs to get some strength to hang in the NFL. Could be a practice squad type player to get a little stronger and compete next year when we move on from Linsley.

Round 7b:
Kelly Bryant QB Mizzou
Bryant was once the Clemson QB to take over for Watson but replaced by Lawrence. You cant play for Clemson and not be talented. He has a lot of athleticism for the position and his arm strength is functional but he lacks touch and he struggles with decision making. There could be something there to compete for the backup QB spot.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Good job, lupe! Seems like all needs addressed, and plenty of video for me to watch!

Man, there are so many directions Gutey could go with in round 1. His FA additions saw to that. Many people would blow their fuses if we went DL, but I would not mind. We're currently so dependent on Clark making plays at the position, it's precarious.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

That seems like a well-thought mock. Great job!

For Blacklock, isn't he the kind of guy that might be a very rare elite find? I don't know because I haven't seen the tape. But from the stuff that I read others write about him, he seems like a guy that, if he's available, you jump at the chance, especially if you have a need there. We do.

No second thoughts about him. Get him in rd 1.

The choice of WR in rd 2 is fine with me. When I read about him, I have thoughts about Montgomery a few years back. But does this guy have more acceleration?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Award for first mock of the forum goes to...

:hail:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Impact of a idl late first round likely to be very minimal year 1. Might be the right pick long and you hit the needs well after that, just probably will make me feel underwhelmed heading into the season about rookie contribution.

Nice work.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
27 Mar 2020 07:24
Impact of a idl late first round likely to be very minimal year 1. Might be the right pick long and you hit the needs well after that, just probably will make me feel underwhelmed heading into the season about rookie contribution.
We need enough help there that I'd bet he will at least be in the rotation.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
27 Mar 2020 07:29
BF004 wrote:
27 Mar 2020 07:24
We need enough help there that I'd bet he will at least be in the rotation.
Gary wasn’t much, Clark wasn’t much until very late in the year and Clark is a stud, not your common animal.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
27 Mar 2020 07:31
Gary wasn’t much, Clark wasn’t much until very late in the year and Clark is a stud, not your common animal.
And in those two cases we had a much stronger group in front of the rooks. The Smiths and Daniels & Guion. Also, Clark was in the rotation right away, as was Dean Lowry. Clark just didn't really perform well until later in the season, but he definitely came on.

That may be your point, but I would expect a rookie iDL to follow a similar trajectory with only Clark and Lancaster/Adams (Lowry doesn't even fit at iDL) in front of him.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Clark has been the only late first round IDL thats played up to slot value, I hate taking IDL late 1 for that reason, look how often we've went that way, we can pick up a good rotator to add to the rotators we have now later in the draft, what we need is a big 2 gaper strong enough to stand up OL and go to the direction of the run, versus just aggressively shooting a open gap and being walled in there.

I also don't think Ayuik will be around late 2nd, I think If we want a top tier receiver it'll cost us our first pick, and there are to many decent Tackle options to pass one up in the 2nd.

same with lber, the ones that could really make a diff. for our defense will be gone at slot 30, Kirksley is our 3dn guy, just pickup a run thumper mid rounds.

Hey Lupe thanks for the mock, maybe I'll like your next one a little more, I read all of em.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I think Logan Wilson tested and played himself into day two, but I like the pick and the makeup of the overall draft. Steele is particularly a good find to look into.

I have to say, I sorta hate Duvernay. He doesn't play to his track speed, in my eyes. But also, he's so much stiffer and straight-line than I expected for a slot guy of his size and production. He WAS productive, so I get it, but I don't know that his speed traits jump off the film the way they should, and he doesn't create the kind of separation I'd expect

Overall, a good draft!