Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Sept. 11th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
20 Sep 2022 19:16
Rodgers said on Pat McAfee last year that the team has to learn how to win every season.

I don't agree with totally sitting the starters in preseason, but I think our last two Week 1 losses have more to do with the fact that they were road games that were difficult for our offense to adapt to than our players being cold. MIN is loud and it's hard to run an offense with the noise; Jacksonville is hot af and humid. We sat our starters in LaFleur's first year and won the first week. HIs second year, preseason was cancelled. MIN sat their starters before playing us last week.

If our last two Week 1 and 2 games were flipped, we probably start the year with a W and play better against the Jags/Vikes (not necessarily win, but probably play a better game).
I agree with this to a point. LaFleur has never had a Week 1 home opener. Seems like a bit of a scheduling inequity there.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Did we blitz Minnesota much? This is the second Minnesota game I’ve watched since ours and it sure feels like anytime a blitz comes he looks lost and tosses the ball up

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I've always thought there was some truth to McCarthy's comment, "every year is a new team" whether you change personal or not, players don't play the same each year, there are scheme adjustments, changes with assistant coaches which often require personality compromises, there are so many variables to consider, throw in not wanting to expose your best players in meaningless contest and that multiplies early season rust, as in golf it's not how you start that matters, it's how you finish, we just lack the patience to deal with the slow starts