Matt LaFleur

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Nov 2022 21:18
Foosball wrote:
07 Nov 2022 11:18
I can’t for the life of me wonder why LaFleur doesn’t run the pitch out to Jones more often. The play normally goes for 5-7 yards and often Jones can rip one for more than 10 yards. Instead most of the time they run him up the middle (when he gets his chances)

I’m sick of seeing Dylan get the carries at the beginning of the game. He should be the second option to spell Jones.

I’m sick of seeing the quick out passes to the WRs. It seems like this is LaFleur’s main staple and he’s be over calling that play for 3 years not just this year.

I’m sick of Rodgers calling out his teammates. Leadership 101: take all the blame and give everyone else the credit.

I’m sick of Barry trotting out Savage as the starter when he is the biggest liability on defense.

I’m sick of the head coach who doesn’t fix issues on the team with a sense of urgency.

I’m sick of LaFleur’s scheme and the same 20 plays called every game. Great coaches (like Don Shula) fit the scheme to their personnel not fit the personnel to their scheme.

If LaFleur wants to prove himself as a good coach, now is the time. Beat the Cowboys.

Can I hear an Amen?
Yes we beat the Cowboys. I can't see how LaFleur can be given credit though. For some reason on Sunday the line blocked, Dillon and Jones ran like bulls and stallions, and the defense kept Dak off balance some of the time. Oh, and Aaron Rodgers got his accuracy back and had time to throw.

How about dem Cowboys, again ?
I am thinking that the Dallas game is the first WHOLE game where our starting OLine played. They played for two quarters against Detroit until Bahk left in the second half. I think we see the benefit of our OLine starters getting and staying on the field, even with our LG Jenkins slowly returning to normal form. Keep those guys on the field and 1) the running game will get better, 2) that’ll open up the play-action, and 3) the WRs will have an easier time doing their jobs, especially with Watson’s speed taking effect. Even the defense will probably benefit. It all starts with our OLine doing their jobs better than in the previous 8 weeks or so.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

LaFleur being called out all across Packers media today for looking like a weak HC and it’s something I’ve been saying for a while now. He isnt inspiring at all. He gets walked on by his players. He makes terrible coach personnel decisions. His player personnel decisions are terrible. He’s slow to react to make improvements we need.

Fans catching on now too.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

MLF is a fair weather coach. I‘d take pre-18-MM over MLF any second. I expect an implosion in the coming weeks and that might be a blessing in disguise bc it would open eyes and outside-the-box-ideas.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:31
Beta-ism shown in one picture. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We are back to that... :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Nov 2022 11:46
LaFleur being called out all across Packers media today for looking like a weak HC and it’s something I’ve been saying for a while now. He isnt inspiring at all. He gets walked on by his players. He makes terrible coach personnel decisions. His player personnel decisions are terrible. He’s slow to react to make improvements we need.

Fans catching on now too.
Lafluer misses Hackett and Getz, promoting from with in has been successful, but not this time, the offense looks dis jointed, and that has to do with not only Lafluer, but also Stenavich, we should of went out side to find a OC, our OL has declined because of that switch to boot

promoting from with in might have worked better on defense, Johnny Gray took over for Pettine when he had covid, and the defense didn't miss a beat, Barry has the players quitting on him and his coverage schemes are terrible, same way he defends against the run, everything depends on the ILB's, the guy try's to two gap with a guy Clarks size, total miss match, Barry subtracks from player ability, poor hire.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Just watched his presser from after the game. Looked like he was going to cry. He is not an alpha.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

:roll: You guys know this alpha male stuff is nonsense, right? It's mostly based on flawed studies of captive wolves and chimps. It didn't hit pop culture until those creepy "pickup artists" started using the term.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
18 Nov 2022 15:05
:roll: You guys know this alpha male stuff is nonsense, right? It's mostly based on flawed studies of captive wolves and chimps. It didn't hit pop culture until those creepy "pickup artists" started using the term.
It's now part of internet tough guy culture, unfortunately...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 15:15
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
18 Nov 2022 15:05
It's now part of internet tough guy culture, unfortunately...
It's part of another loathsome culture, too, but I can't say which in this forum...
- Vince Lombardi

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

The guy with a Lombardi quote as his signature is rolling his eyes at the concept that juiced up NFL players are looking for an alpha personality to lead them.

Freaking priceless - thanks for the laugh!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

A lot of betas trying to convince themselves there’s nothing wrong with them on here.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Says the person who is thin skinned enough to block someone. Haha. That's too funny. Big talker, no back up.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Gunzaan wrote:
18 Nov 2022 15:51
The guy with a Lombardi quote as his signature is rolling his eyes at the concept that juiced up NFL players are looking for an alpha personality to lead them.

Freaking priceless - thanks for the laugh!
lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Nov 2022 15:57
A lot of betas trying to convince themselves there’s nothing wrong with them on here.
Oh look, some self-appointed alpha males are upset that I questioned something. Quelle surprise.
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
There are leaders and followers. The followers are denying such a paradigm exists, when it is nature's second most obvious and prominent truth (behind male/female).

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not surprising who thinks in such black and white terms. Leaders and followers are not pigeoned holed into those positions. A leader would know that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
18 Nov 2022 16:57
lupedafiasco wrote:
There are leaders and followers. The followers are denying such a paradigm exists, when it is nature's second most obvious and prominent truth (behind male/female).
yes, but humans have evolved from the neanderthal era long ago.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers doesn’t think it’s nonsense. He strips Lafleur of his masculinity every chance he gets. The most constant way he does it is always referring to him as “Matt”.

Lol that’s the head coach. He should at minimum be referred to as “coach”, listen to Brady…a true champion…he always calls his superiors “coach.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Wow. :shock:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff