2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
23 Nov 2022 15:16
TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Nov 2022 09:37
Take off the gold glasses, folks, the Packers are NOT going to the playoffs this season.

The question should be whether this team can go to the playoffs NEXT season, and if we end the season with an 9-8 record and miss the playoffs on tiebreakers, without knowing what we have in Love then next season is not going to be 10-7 but 2-15. Because that is all Rodgers will be able to deliver, because all the free agents will want out of the sinking ship just like Davonte did. They will take less money for a team with a future or a better climate or the big city lights instead of replacing the Lions at the bottom of he division for a decade. Unfortunately this seems to be what a lot of "fans" want. Stick with Rodgers, make no changes to the D scheme, make no changes to coaching and get a mid round draft pick instead of 4 or 5 slots higher. Yeah, right, this is the definition of a fan. Not.

Of course every fan should want to be in the playoffs. Everyone wants to be rich too. But selling the farm to make the playoffs this year when it is almost impossible is like someone inheriting Grandpa's $250,000 farm, selling it for $2500 and using the proceeds to buy Powerball tickets. Ain't gonna happen that way.
G, I've never heard you say stuff like this before :thwap:
lmao, was thinking the same thing. Rodgers lives rent free. Gotta mix it up a bit man!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
23 Nov 2022 14:41
BF004 wrote:
23 Nov 2022 14:20
Half Empty wrote:
23 Nov 2022 08:44
Besides, do you really want them to be in the playoffs?
💯
I regrettably watched a Florio-Peter King clip on YouTube. They spent 20 minutes sticking a fork in the Packers but both ended up agreeing on the fact that no team in the NFC wants to see the Packers in the playoffs.
those fellas havn't been checking in here or they'd realize informed Packers fans here at the Huddle give the team zero chance to win again this season let alone make the PO's, our QB is a walking dead man, our DC was resurrected from the grave, and our Beta HC was wimpering at his post game presser, Florio and KIng should tune into the Huddle prior to the show and gain a better perspective on the currant state of the Packer situation :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
23 Nov 2022 15:09
I can't fathom being scared of the Packers in the playoffs. If you're playing us in the Wild Card, you're not that good anyway. If you're playing us in the Divisional round, it's 50/50. If you play us in the NFCCG, you're all but headed to the SuperBowl.

And that's when both Rodgers and the team more broadly are good, neither of which actually are this year lol.
Some posters legit still believing teams would be scared to the play the packers in the playoffs is why i got mocked, slandered, abused, and ridiculed for meerly predicting the packers win a “defensive struggle” against the patriots and predicting the offense would struggle. This was being “pessimistic” then, I guess it’s now “hating” to think the niners would love to see us at Lambeau or in Cali in January.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Nov 2022 16:42
i got mocked, slandered, abused, and ridiculed
Lmao, the guy who routinely does this plays the victim card now for hijacking thread after thread with the same 3 thoughts about our offense on copy and paste and someone calls it out. Thanks for that :lol:

Would to see all these posts with such abuse.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
25 Nov 2022 06:11
Drj820 wrote:
Lmao, the guy who routinely does this plays the victim card now for hijacking thread after thread with the same 3 thoughts about our offense on copy and paste and someone calls it out. Thanks for that :lol:

Not many thinks that I do this. Turns out I was just right about the offense and you’ve had a tough time coming to terms with that so you lash out. I mean you still think this team is going 9-8. Change out the green glasses. They need new lenses.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Nov 2022 07:40
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Not many thinks that I do this. Turns out I was just right about the offense and you’ve had a tough time coming to terms with that so you lash out. I mean you still think this team is going 9-8. Change out the green glasses. They need new lenses.
No, I simply called you out for having a pet topic, and thread hijacking, as was explained to you many times. Which is against forum rules.

Also show me where I have lashed out, insulted your intelligence, even to the extent you just did in this post.

You were a absolutely right about the offense, I was more hopeful. I’m still rooting for my team to win which I don’t think should be a controversial stance. Not sure how you take that as I think they will go 9-8 and I’m an irrational fan.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
25 Nov 2022 08:10
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

No, I simply called you out for having a pet topic, and thread hijacking, as was explained to you many times. Which is against forum rules.

Also show me where I have lashed out, insulted your intelligence, even to the extent you just did in this post.

You were a absolutely right about the offense, I was more hopeful. I’m still rooting for my team to win which I don’t think should be a controversial stance. Not sure how you take that as I think they will go 9-8 and I’m an irrational fan.
Oh now you are going the officer route and touting forum rules. No one but maybe one or two others thinks I was doing this. I explained my prediction for the game in THE GAME DAY THREAD. You were just wrong and won’t admit it. You didn’t like hearing the truth about the offense so you lashed out. I didn’t break a single rule. I only mentioned the offenses struggles in different threads to counter act insanity like yours that used to say this would be a top 5 receiving Corp by the end of the year. I took heat for saying this was a bottom 5 unit, and it was going to be a problem. Seems about right doesnt it?

I never broke any rules you are being delusional about that and nobody nominated you as someone to “call out” anyone on the forum. Make your posts, debate in good faith, and keep it moving. I haven’t broken any rules.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Would love to see all these posts with such abuse.
Same thing I thought when reading that.
Make your posts, debate in good faith, and keep it moving.
The second one is interesting coming from someone who has admitted not doing so and takes joy in others not doing so.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

When that big bald Eagle of despair and desolation is bearing in for the kill shot do ya cower, whimper, and whine, orrrr do you dodge the claws, ram your fist up the waste pipe and rip it's heart out? :rotf:

Man I'd pay a portion of m y SS check just to see us beat the Eagles, never giving up is who the GB Packers are.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The deputy has arrived

🤡

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Nov 2022 08:25
The deputy has arrived

🤡
I thought we were supposed to "Make your posts, debate in good faith, and keep it moving."

Guess not. Might want to look in the mirror, your actual face paint is showing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Nov 2022 08:18
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Oh now you are going the officer route and touting forum rules. No one but maybe one or two others thinks I was doing this. I explained my prediction for the game in THE GAME DAY THREAD. You were just wrong and won’t admit it. You didn’t like hearing the truth about the offense so you lashed out. I didn’t break a single rule. I only mentioned the offenses struggles in different threads to counter act insanity like yours that used to say this would be a top 5 receiving Corp by the end of the year. I took heat for saying this was a bottom 5 unit, and it was going to be a problem. Seems about right doesnt it?

I never broke any rules you are being delusional about that and nobody nominated you as someone to “call out” anyone on the forum. Make your posts, debate in good faith, and keep it moving. I haven’t broken any rules.
There is no need to lie about anything. I literally just admitted you were right about it and I had a more hopeful attitude. Would like to see a post saying we would have a top 5 WR unit.

But again, something I think I’ve mentioned in nearly every post on this topic that seems to get lost. Me pointing out thread hi-jacking/pet topic does not mean I have a complete opposite viewpoint. Maybe I do/did, maybe I agree, but the copy and paste analysis in every thread for months at a time is a pet topic and explicitly called out in the rules (Not my rules, those made by the original team, enforced by Jeff). I should have handled it in a better way, perhaps privately, but the frustration got the better of me in the moment.

And I’m sure you got some heat for saying we would have a bottom 5 WR unit. That is a fairly bold take given the history of the Packers and having and MVP QB. Should anyone have ever said (no one did) that we could have a top 5 WR unit, I’m sure you would have reciprocated plenty of ‘heat’. Isn’t that why we are on a forum? To debate and defend our viewpoints? Wouldn’t be fun if we all agreed.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
25 Nov 2022 08:40
Drj820 wrote:
25 Nov 2022 08:18
BF004 wrote:

There is no need to lie about anything. I literally just admitted you were right about it and I had a more hopeful attitude. Would like to see a post saying we would have a top 5 WR unit.

But again, something I think I’ve mentioned in nearly every post on this topic that seems to get lost. Me pointing out thread hi-jacking/pet topic does not mean I have a complete opposite viewpoint. Maybe I do/did, maybe I agree, but the copy and paste analysis in every thread for months at a time is a pet topic and explicitly called out in the rules (Not my rules, those made by the original team, enforced by Jeff). I should have handled it in a better way, perhaps privately, but the frustration got the better of me in the moment.

And I’m sure you got some heat for saying we would have a bottom 5 WR unit. That is a fairly bold take given the history of the Packers and having and MVP QB. Should anyone have ever said (no one did) that we could have a top 5 WR unit, I’m sure you would have reciprocated plenty of ‘heat’. Isn’t that why we are on a forum? To debate and defend our viewpoints? Wouldn’t be fun if we all agreed.
I don’t think I’m guilty of the charges you have laid against me of “thread hijacking” and “pet topics” officer. You got “frustrated” because on a game day thread (in the perfect place to make a game day prediction) I predicted the offense would struggle in a win. This triggered you because you like rosy predictions and you lashed out.

At least you admit you handled your triggering the wrong way, that said I don’t think I’m guilty of what you accuse me of. Might have me confused for someone else.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

The site is a lot better when I just erase certain people.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Haven't figured out how to do that here. Can you provide instructions?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
25 Nov 2022 09:09
whomever it is you want to block, click there user name, you'll see mark friend or foe, click foe, I think thats how I did it, to un block click friend.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Yoop wrote:
25 Nov 2022 10:49
Half Empty wrote:
25 Nov 2022 09:09
whomever it is you want to block, click there user name, you'll see mark friend or foe, click foe, I think thats how I did it, to un block click friend.
Kinda like Twitter. Block opinions that differ from ur own. Cancel them out.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote: I don’t think I’m guilty of what you accuse me of. Might have me confused for someone else.
As an uninvolved observer, I have witnessed you bringing up these “victim” charges in multiple threads over a span of multiple weeks. I think you’re guilty of exactly what he’s accused you of.

That said, how about we all practice what you recently preached and move on.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So we need to go 9-8, even then we need some help.
image.png
image.png (53.88 KiB) Viewed 263 times

Giants, Commanders and Seahawks all have 7 wins. I've tried it a few ways, and we beat out Seattle in a 9-8 tie due to strength of victory, so we need to beat out two of three, needing the Giants to finish 1-4, Commanders to finish 1-3, or Seahawks finish 2-3, or worse. Also from what I've seen, we beat out the 49ers in a 9-8 tiebreaker. They'd have to go 1-4, but they are onto their 3rd string QB.

New York (7-4-1)
:eagles:
@ :footballteam:
@ :vikings:
:colts:
@ :eagles:

Seahags (7-5)
:panthers:
:49ers:
@ :chiefs:
:jets:
:rams:

Commanders (7-5-1)
Bye
:giants:
@ :49ers:
:browns:
:cowboys:

Giants have the toughest road, eagles x2, vikings, and commanders.

Seahawks somehow have 4 of the last 5 games at home, although also tough teams.

But even with a 9-8 finish, I'd ball park it at maybe 20% chance we even get in?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So if TB loses tonight they will still be leading the NFC South at 5-7! Wow, what a &%$@ division this year.