Matt LaFleur

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think rodgers choosing to reveal the thumb is “broken” at this point is setting the stage for him to sit once they are officially eliminated.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Nov 2022 19:13
I think rodgers choosing to reveal the thumb is “broken” at this point is setting the stage for him to sit once they are officially eliminated.
Agree

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Well I think it is broken. Now, who's side is right? Both offered 0 data to there argument so I guess we will just never know.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Nov 2022 16:48
wallyuwl wrote:
24 Nov 2022 09:21
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Nov 2022 07:51
Watched the Matt LaFleur show again last night with Larry McCarren. LaCoach offers literally no strategy for improvements. All we are hearing lately is "we need to play better complementary football" , and (paraphrased) "I have articulated to the team ..... blah blah blah. Diverting attention a bit by praising Watson's and Quay's play lately.

No one is blaming anyone .... instead they're carefully getting through the season with minimal controversy or internal drama.

C'mon man! :bkw:
MLF never gives any answers because he truly doesn't know. Of course coaches never give too much info in the media, but he literally says the same thing every week and we see the same problems on the field every week (Dallas excepted). He looks like a lost puppy every time he is interviewed.
LaCoach is so opposite of Holmgren and Lombardi. Holmgren and Lombardi came in to 1265 and took over leadership responsibility from Day 1. Nothing of the sort at 1265 these days. Can't figure out who is in charge right now. I just hope we don't lose to Chicago on December 4th. :clap:
Even MM owned the building right away. "Our biggest challenge will be handling success." Everyone laughed but he was right.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

texas wrote:
24 Nov 2022 18:16
I hope we don't bench Rodgers because he is my fantasy QB in multiple leagues. I also don't think we will. They're not just going to do it without his consent, and I doubt he will consent.
Why should he continue to play if we cannot or only with infinitesimal small chances make the Playoffs? Every game ages a QB, every game has a chance to get him severely injured and Rodgers is a veteran, he doesnt need game time to learn further. I also see no reason from a stat POV. He will not be MVP anyway and every game now damages his stats. If I was #12 I would welcome the opportunity to rest my body for a significant time while letting the world see how much worse the team is without him. And while on „vacation“ he has time to plan to force a trade to a loaded team or make sure LaFleur becomes LaRodgers for good.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

German_Panzer wrote:
25 Nov 2022 02:42
texas wrote:
24 Nov 2022 18:16
I hope we don't bench Rodgers because he is my fantasy QB in multiple leagues. I also don't think we will. They're not just going to do it without his consent, and I doubt he will consent.
Why should he continue to play if we cannot or only with infinitesimal small chances make the Playoffs? Every game ages a QB, every game has a chance to get him severely injured and Rodgers is a veteran, he doesnt need game time to learn further. I also see no reason from a stat POV. He will not be MVP anyway and every game now damages his stats. If I was #12 I would welcome the opportunity to rest my body for a significant time while letting the world see how much worse the team is without him. And while on „vacation“ he has time to plan to force a trade to a loaded team or make sure LaFleur becomes LaRodgers for good.
Stats and bonuses.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Nov 2022 22:17
Drj820 wrote:
Agree
What if Love can run LaFleur’s offense better than Rodgers?
Love is the answer…

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Nov 2022 04:42

Stats and bonuses.
Ok, bonuses make sense though Rodgers has enough money and can and should focus on other things. But stats? Will he not harm his stats by playing in a losing season where his rating or completion will naturally decrease?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers is also doing a great job losing games for us and that can really help us get a higher draft pick, even in games like Detriot, where just mediocre QB would have won the game for us. You risk losing that if Love comes in and he plays adequate or better football.

Just something to think about!! ;)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Foosball wrote:
25 Nov 2022 12:17
wallyuwl wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Agree
I think that would be the best possible scenario for the future of the packers.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Foosball wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Agree
Gute wouldn't have given Rodgers 150m or whatever it was if that was the case.

Rodgers ran MLF offense to 2 mvp seasons. Love will need to win the mvp to run MLF off better than Rodgers.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

bud fox wrote:
25 Nov 2022 19:29
Foosball wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Agree
Gute wouldn't have given Rodgers 150m or whatever it was if that was the case.

Rodgers ran MLF offense to 2 mvp seasons. Love will need to win the mvp to run MLF off better than Rodgers.
Rodgers won’t even be close to winning the MVP this year, while Love has another year under his belt.
Love is the answer…

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Welp...looks like Rodgers wasn't a lie. Where do I pick up my prize?
Rodgers’ injury came in the surprising loss to the New York Giants in London. The quarterback was injured on the final play of the game when he looked to throw but was hit by Giants linebacker Oshane Ximines.
https://wfin.com/fox-sports/packers-aar ... ce-week-5/

Wish I could find the article I found that had it all.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

You know who's NOT getting fired on Black Monday ?

Matt $%@# La Fleur. Damn glad he's our coach and he's pulling off an amazing coaching job in 2023.
From 4-8 and the walls caving in on all sides -->to a 4 game winning streak and the brink of NFL playoffs.

Its not that you get knocked down that matters, its that you keep getting up

As far as the "insightful fans" who wanted MLF gone ? I think Honeybunny said it best:

I'll execute every $%@# last one of you ! :rotf:
IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^

:clap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That first pic of LaFleur is amazing. Kudos to that photographer.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from The Dope Sheet

MATT La FLEUR…In his fourth season as the Packers' 15th head coach.

In his first three seasons leading the Packers, has authored one of the greatest starts to a head-coaching career in NFL history. With a 13-4 record in 2021, led the Packers to a third straight NFC North crown while also earning the No. 1 seed in the NFC for the second consecutive season.

Became the first coach in NFL history to post 13-plus wins in three straight seasons and his 39 wins from 2019-21 passed George Seifert (38) for the most wins by an NFL head coach in his first three seasons in the league (Elias Sports Bureau).

His 39 wins are also tied for the second most by a coach over any three-season span in league history, trailing only Mike Ditka's 40 wins with the Chicago Bears 1985-87 (Elias).

Guided the Packers to a 22-2 record (.917) in the regular season at Lambeau Field in 2019-21, the top mark in the NFL over that span and the best home winning percentage by a Packers head coach in his first three seasons. His 22 wins at home were also the most in NFL history by a coach in his first three seasons.

In 2019, became the first coach in club history to lead the team to the playoffs in his debut season. Also led the largest one-year win improvement in team history (plus-seven).
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

It’s almost forgotten history now, but there was a time under McCarthy that divisional teams and others could come into Lambeau and win. At 22-2, I think that MLF has probably snuffed that out for a while.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
05 Jan 2023 13:47
It’s almost forgotten history now, but there was a time under McCarthy that divisional teams and others could come into Lambeau and win. At 22-2, I think that MLF has probably snuffed that out for a while.

:-)
So the 2 losses were 1 to the Jets and 1 to the Buccaneers. Correct?

So now the Packers have a home field advantage at Lambeau again? Or is this just some short term lucky thing?