2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's crazy actually.

The Packers have a punchers chance at the postseason.

The NFC East plays each other and the Seahawks have a very tough road. The Lions/Packers game could be a very interesting week 18 matchup. I don't know who has the tiebreaker between DET/GB if we split the series. My bet is GB due to likely a stronger Strength of Schedule.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:42
It's crazy actually.

The NFC East plays each other and the Seahawks have a very tough road. The Lions/Packers game could be a very interesting week 18 matchup. I don't know who has the tiebreaker between DET/GB if we split the series. My bet is GB due to likely a stronger Strength of Schedule.
If we run the table and beat the Vikings at our place and the Dolphins in Miami, I wouldn't mind going to MN and seeing what we can do!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
It's crazy actually.

I actually ran that through, if we win out and they do too, other than losing to us. We'd both be 9-8 and 4-2 in the division, it would go to common games and it looks like we'd win that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:49
go pak go wrote:
It's crazy actually.

I actually ran that through, if we win out and they do too, other than losing to us. We'd both be 9-8 and 4-2 in the division, it would go to common games and it looks like we'd win that.
So then if there are no upsets in any game with the Giants, Commanders and Seahawks and the Packers go 9-8....we are playoff bound.

The key will be how SF does without Jimmy G (we are relying on them heavily) and how Dallas and Philly play Week 18. I know if I were them, I would rather have NYG or WASH get into the playoffs compared to a Watson/Jones Packers team.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So playing it through on the Playoff machine: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

To make it semi-realistically:

Eagles and Cowboys make it.

Giants play Eagles, Commanders, Vikings, Colts, Eagles - I have them L, L, L, W, L
Commanders play Giants, 49ers, Browns, Cowboys - I have them W, L, L, L

Vikings in.
If Lions win out besides week 18 against us, we make it.

NFC South is garbage

Seahawks and SF make it unless they completely implode.

The games to really watch are week 15 Commanders/Giants which we want Commanders to win and then week 17 Commanders and Browns which we want Browns to win. Tall order.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 05 Dec 2022 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This team making the playoffs is irrelevant. They don’t have a real shot if they even get in.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:51

So then if there are no upsets in any game with the Giants, Commanders and Seahawks and the Packers go 9-8....we are playoff bound.
Unfortunately no. We would need the Giants to get upset by the Browns.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:00
This team making the playoffs is irrelevant. They don’t have a real shot if they even get in.
probably not, but I'am sure fans said the same thing with the 09 team.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:00
Figured it would take only about 15 minutes of bumping this thread to get an irrelevant comment like this.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:02
go pak go wrote:

According to BF, the Giants don't play the Browns
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 08:59
So playing it through on the Playoff machine: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

To make it semi-realistically:

Eagles and Cowboys make it.

Giants play Eagles, Commanders, Vikings, Colts, Eagles - I have them L, L, L, W, L
Commanders play Giants, 49ers, Browns, Cowboys - I have them W, L, L, L

Vikings in.
If Lions win out besides week 18 against us, we make it.

NFC South is garbage

Seahawks and SF make it unless they completely implode.

The games to really watch are week 15 Commanders/Giants which we want Commanders to win and then week 17 Commanders and Browns which we want Browns to win. Tall order.
I think the easiest path is for the Giants to beat the Commanders and then rely on the Seahawks to lose to SF, KC and Jets. All teams who are battling for playoff spots in their own right.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

My bad, Commanders get upset by the Browns. Technically also the Commanders would need to upset the Giants then too.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:18

I think the easiest path is for the Giants to beat the Commanders and then rely on the Seahawks to lose to SF, KC and Jets. All teams who are battling for playoff spots in their own right.
According to the playoff machine if Seattle and Green Bay are tied at 9-8, Seattle makes it over us.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:21
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

My bad, Commanders get upset by the Browns. Technically also the Commanders would need to upset the Giants then too.
why?

Basically all you need is the loser of the Commanders/Giants just can't win two games. The Commanders and Giants will be favored in one game beyond their matchup (Giants vs Colts and Commanders vs Browns). So either of them can win those games but then need to lose the others where they are not favored.

That is with the assumption that the Hawks lose all the games they aren't favored (plus the Jets game which could be 50/50 right now)
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:25
go pak go wrote:

According to the playoff machine if Seattle and Green Bay are tied at 9-8, Seattle makes it over us.
BF lied to us!

Did your tiebreaker scenario say what tiebreaker they have us in?
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

why?

Basically all you need is the loser of the Commanders/Giants just can't win two games. The Commanders and Giants will be favored in one game beyond their matchup (Giants vs Colts and Commanders vs Browns). So either of them can win those games but then need to lose the others where they are not favored.

That is with the assumption that the Hawks lose all the games they aren't favored (plus the Jets game which could be 50/50 right now)
That's what I mean though. 1 of them already gets a win as they play each other. Then it comes down to who is more likely to upset them, Browns at Commanders or Colts @ Giants. Personally I think the Browns have the better shot there, So I would want Giants @ Commanders to go to the Commanders.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:31
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

why?

That's what I mean though. 1 of them already gets a win as they play each other. Then it comes down to who is more likely to upset them, Browns at Commanders or Colts @ Giants. Personally I think the Browns have the better shot there, So I would want Giants @ Commanders to go to the Commanders.
This whole discussion is based on the Seahawks. BF said we have the tiebreaker over Seattle at 9-8 as we have the Strength of Schedule on our side.

Both teams would have the same AFC losses worst case so I am wondering how yours is showing Seattle has the tiebreaker when BF's showed we have the tiebreaker. It must be a really close SoS thing.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I must have made a different set of wins and losses for SEA, felt like I even moved a game or two, and GB was ahead both ways.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:31
go pak go wrote:

why?

This whole discussion is based on the Seahawks. BF said we have the tiebreaker over Seattle at 9-8 as we have the Strength of Schedule on our side.

Both teams would have the same AFC losses worst case so I am wondering how yours is showing Seattle has the tiebreaker when BF's showed we have the tiebreaker. It must be a really close SoS thing.
I can't get the Packers over the Seahawks no matter what I do, if they are tied at 9-8.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 09:41
Strength of Victory I believe I said.