Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gotta get this guy back.
Attachments
D788CBE0-8EB2-4D12-9550-2706830D2C0A.jpeg
D788CBE0-8EB2-4D12-9550-2706830D2C0A.jpeg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 588 times

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Well when Nixon returns everything from the -8 yardline and gets to the 25....that's a 33 yard return. :lol:

The dude never kneels. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:18
Well when Nixon returns everything from the -8 yardline and gets to the 25....that's a 33 yard return. :lol:

And in his case, I like it!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:18

Amari didn't kneel much either, wish he would have :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

From The Athletic:
Keisean Nixon, the Packers’ electric kick returner and slot cornerback, has been campaigning to add another role to his arsenal: slot receiver.

“He’s been talking to me every day about that,” LaFleur said. “He saw that screen that New England ran a couple weeks ago where they threw it to their punt returner (cornerback Marcus Jones) and he took it to the house, so ever since then, it’s been, ‘I can go in there.'”
I say why not...?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
21 Dec 2022 07:43
From The Athletic:
Keisean Nixon, the Packers’ electric kick returner and slot cornerback, has been campaigning to add another role to his arsenal: slot receiver.

“He’s been talking to me every day about that,” LaFleur said. “He saw that screen that New England ran a couple weeks ago where they threw it to their punt returner (cornerback Marcus Jones) and he took it to the house, so ever since then, it’s been, ‘I can go in there.'”
I say why not...?
I freaking love this guy. You want guys with that kind of confidence.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
From The Athletic:

I say why not...?
We had someone in here float the idea of a Nixon wildcat package.

Kinda wish MLF was coming up with these ideas independently, rather than recreating the Late Stage McCarthy playbook. =/
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
21 Dec 2022 09:02
APB wrote:
From The Athletic:

I say why not...?

Kinda wish MLF was coming up with these ideas independently, rather than recreating the Late Stage McCarthy playbook. =/
I don’t know if others floated that idea, but I did. I look at this; Nixon adds spark every time he touches the ball. He’s quick to the hole. He gets North/South quickly. And he has enough speed once he gets into the open… He has also showed that he rarely lets loose of the ball.

I figure we should see if he can possibly be a difference maker on offense too. Can’t hurt to try. If not Wildcat, then a jet sweep here or there, or a special option play once a game or something. He deserves a chance.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/1 ... ce=twitter

Film breakdown of what Watson and Doubs bring.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Dennis Krause mentioned last night on the PACKERS LIVE show that he's thinking it'll be the Packers vs. Lions on Sunday Night Football on Sunday, January 8, 2023. With playoff implications of course.

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 21 Dec 2022 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Dec 2022 13:23
If not Wildcat, then a jet sweep
You want tricky Nixon in open space, not banging inside. So yes on the Jet Sweeps and no thx on the wildcat
In addition to being fast, he's fast at being fast...with a very impressive 10 yd split.
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Interestingly, no team the Packers have lost to at this point in the season is under .500...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
21 Dec 2022 18:39
Dennis Krause mentioned last night on the PACKERS LIVE show that he's thinking it'll be the Packers vs. Lions on Sunday Night Football on Sunday, January 8, 2023. With playoff implications of course.
It's a no brainer the Packers / Lions will be Sunday Night Football if it's a "Win and you're in" game. If Washington loses their next two games and Seattle loses once the next two weeks and Packers and Lions both win it's absolutely Packers vs Lions.

The NFL can make the SNF decision during the week of NFL Week 18. So they can flex whoever makes the final and best matchup. But if the Packers vs Lions game is contingent on a Washington game earlier in the day....they won't flex us. You have to have the SNF game include at least one of the teams getting in if they win.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Labrev wrote:
APB wrote:
From The Athletic:

I say why not...?

I don’t know if others floated that idea, but I did. I look at this; Nixon adds spark every time he touches the ball. He’s quick to the hole. He gets North/South quickly. And he has enough speed once he gets into the open… He has also showed that he rarely lets loose of the ball.

I figure we should see if he can possibly be a difference maker on offense too. Can’t hurt to try. If not Wildcat, then a jet sweep here or there, or a special option play once a game or something. He deserves a chance.
He's a great open field runner, imo thats because he has patience to allow his blocks to form, thats not the case as a RB, or slot receiver, but I'd still give him a shot at it :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 15:30
Scott4Pack wrote:
Labrev wrote:

He's a great open field runner, imo thats because he has patience to allow his blocks to form, thats not the case as a RB, or slot receiver, but I'd still give him a shot at it :aok:
I'm wondering if Nixon can end up being the 2nd coming of the great Packers Hall of Famer KR/RB Travis Williams #23.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodg ... 45272.html

The offense was trash most of the year because Lafleur and rodgers pretended rookies should know everything Rodgers, Lafleur, and Cobb knows.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Dec 2022 15:52
Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 15:30
Scott4Pack wrote:

I'm wondering if Nixon can end up being the 2nd coming of the great Packers Hall of Famer KR/RB Travis Williams #23.
Oh gosh. We used to revere TW! He had a stretch of a couple of years that were unheralded. We used to say that nobody would ever beat his KO Return average too. Now, ask anybody under age 50 (even Packer fans) if they’ve heard of him. Lol. (Many Lombardi Packers being forgotten that way.)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 12:57
Interestingly, no team the Packers have lost to at this point in the season is under .500...
Meaning we can't beat good teams? Makes sense.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Realist wrote:
22 Dec 2022 16:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 12:57
Meaning we can't beat good teams? Makes sense.
Cowboys are 10-4.

Patriots are 7-7.