Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 1st, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 1st, 3:25 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:vikings: Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Sunday, January 1st, 3:25 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -3
Over/Under: 47

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=17
Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Dope Sheet
The Green Bay Packers (7-8) return home for a division clash against the Minnesota Vikings (12-3) this Sunday.

It will be just the third January matchup for the Packers and Vikings during the regular season (2015, 2021 seasons).
Three of the last four matchups between the two in Green Bay have been decided by six points or less, including a tie in 2018.
The Packers have won four of the last five meetings.
Green Bay has scored 22-plus points in 13 of the last 16 home games vs. Minnesota, including 37 last season.
Green Bay will end the regular season with back-to-back NFC North games for the fifth time in the last seven seasons.
It is the first time ever that Green Bay will play two regular-season home games in January.
Of the past 40 regular-season meetings between the teams, 25 of those games have been decided by seven points or less.
Through 123 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 64-57-3 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series.
Since 2000, the Packers are 26-17-2 (.600) in regular-season contests versus the Vikings.
The Packers have won 15 consecutive games in December, the second-longest such streak in NFL history. The only team with a longer streak of December wins was the Chargers, who won 18 straight in the calendar's final month in 2006-2009 (Elias Sports Bureau).
Green Bay has 789 regular-season victories, the most in the history of the NFL.
Weather
image.png
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Vikings 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 28 Dec 2022 18:09, edited 5 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

January 2nd, 2022 vikings at Packers

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 020gnb.htm

Also, I read this game got shifted to CBS and we will get Nance/Romo for the afternoon broadcast.
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, not sure about some things yet. Just needed to post as traveling tomorrow.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from the McAfee show,Rodgers says:

"I feel confident in saying that David Bakhtiari is trending towards playing this weekend"

That's great news and maybe Zach Tom gets kicked over to RT as a result
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

What is the status of Nihman? He’s been decent. Would Tom be showing well enough to replace him? I would doubt that, having to switch to the right side.

All that I care about is that the D can play respectably and help to WIN the turnover battle. If we do that, I think we win. It might be a low scoring 21-20. But still…
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:16
It might be a low scoring 21-20.
Its possible
game features 2 talented offenses, 2 suspect defenses - but the weather may have an impact
The O/U for this one is currently 47.5 pts - the 3rd highest total for the upcoming weekend

Colts dropped 33 points on the vikes in the 1st half
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’d be surprised if we don’t see the best of the Vikes. But I also think that we can still beat them. I wouldn’t have said that week 1.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

vikes are very well- rested...they've basically been at home since November 14th
Only 1 rd trip in 6 games and that was a 79 min flight to Detroit

During that 6 game home stretch - All of the vikes opponents have scored more points than their season average
Since their bye, vikes are giving up just over 28pts a game - that's good for the 28th ranked defense

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... /2022.htm
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Has Doubs had an “official” (more to say recognized) coming out? Yeah, he’s done a bit here and a bit there and we talk highly of his potential. But is there one game yet where people say, “This was Doubs giving notice…”

I’d like to see that this weekend please. It doesn’t need to be a 7 catch, 150 yard game. Just a handful or more with two TDs and enough yards and moving the chains that people are starting to think that he is hard to cover.

:-)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Updated with dope sheet and broadcast crew.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

If this was in Minnie I‘d see no chance, but Lambeau is Lambeau. If we can win this one, a lot will jump the believer bandwagon, incl. me.

We either need a lot of improvement on offense and defense or some serious help from Capt. Kirk and his crew. If the Vikings play their game with not more than one turnover I do not see it happen. We are not good enough to win by our own, we need mistakes to take advantage of, as we could clearly see vs. Dolphins.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

German_Panzer wrote:
27 Dec 2022 19:13
If this was in Minnie I‘d see no chance, but Lambeau is Lambeau. If we can win this one, a lot will jump the believer bandwagon, incl. me.

We either need a lot of improvement on offense and defense or some serious help from Capt. Kirk and his crew. If the Vikings play their game with not more than one turnover I do not see it happen. We are not good enough to win by our own, we need mistakes to take advantage of, as we could clearly see vs. Dolphins.
We know there hasn't been a home field advantage in the playoffs for a long time. Haven't done the math on regular season - is that what you're referring to?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Half Empty wrote:
28 Dec 2022 09:17
German_Panzer wrote:

We know there hasn't been a home field advantage in the playoffs for a long time. Haven't done the math on regular season - is that what you're referring to?
There's also that 15 game December winning streak thing. I'm guessing a fair number of those occurred at Lambeau.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

If Watson plays, we win.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

A season like this one brings out all the ( I But t ) GB Packers fans :lol:

can't be helped I guess, faith is at a premium it seems, When every week one or another facet of the team craps the bed, We can beat the Viking, BUT this or that or the other has to get there game together :hail: :mrgreen:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Half Empty wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

I do not have stats, but no doubt our chances are better at Lambeau. Doesnt Capt. Kirk malfunction pretty regularly at Lambeau?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
28 Dec 2022 11:33
I do not have stats, but no doubt our chances are better at Lambeau. Doesnt Capt. Kirk malfunction pretty regularly at Lambeau?
Yes, he gets distracted by the green women. Oh wait, you mean the quarterback. No, he's been good except for one game: https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/kirk-c ... vs-packers

ImageImage
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2022 10:31
Half Empty wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

There's also that 15 game December winning streak thing. I'm guessing a fair number of those occurred at Lambeau.
So the answer to my question is Yes, you're talking about regular season HFA?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Half Empty wrote:
28 Dec 2022 15:12
APB wrote:
28 Dec 2022 10:31
Half Empty wrote:

So the answer to my question is Yes, you're talking about regular season HFA?
Well it's still the regular season. Looks like a Giannis slam dunk for the Packers to make the playoffs now.

But then again the Packers sure have done a great job blowing their home field playoffs streak. The Vikings, Giants, 49ers and Buccaneers playoff games come to mind. Mixed in there somewhere was a home game when Michael Vick ran all over the place. :argue:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Tom Silverstein

OT Yosh Nijman suffered a stinger against the Dolphins and the fact he practiced today is a good sign he’ll be able to play against the vikings.

sounds like the Packers will have both Bak and Yosh...that's very good news for Sunday
IT. IS. TIME