2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

NCF wrote:
27 Dec 2022 09:03
Raptorman wrote:
26 Dec 2022 17:35
APB wrote:
26 Dec 2022 08:21
What would YOU call that white fluffy stuff falling from the sky...?
Not real snow. You know, when I was at the Vikings/Arizona game, he snowed inside the stadium.

See any new reports about snow in Miami? NO? There is a reason for that. The last time it snowed for real in Miami was 45 years ago and it made the national news.
Isn’t it only recorded if there is accumulation? Snow that melts when it hits the ground is still snow, right?
Nope. It never stays down here. Maybe Jacksonville and north FL. Not that far south. About 15 years ago it snowed one December/January day where I live, about 150 miles north of Miami. I remember because it was during a school day and all the Elementary school Principals did fire drills so the kids could go out into the snow flurries.

Believe me, if it had really snowed in Miami on Christmas day you would have seen it on the national news. It's a snow story that would have buried all others during the weekend.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Raptorman wrote:
27 Dec 2022 23:32
NCF wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
26 Dec 2022 17:35

Not real snow. You know, when I was at the Vikings/Arizona game, he snowed inside the stadium.

See any new reports about snow in Miami? NO? There is a reason for that. The last time it snowed for real in Miami was 45 years ago and it made the national news.
Isn’t it only recorded if there is accumulation? Snow that melts when it hits the ground is still snow, right?
Nope. It never stays down here. Maybe Jacksonville and north FL. Not that far south. About 15 years ago it snowed one December/January day where I live, about 150 miles north of Miami. I remember because it was during a school day and all the Elementary school Principals did fire drills so the kids could go out into the snow flurries.

Believe me, if it had really snowed in Miami on Christmas day you would have seen it on the national news. It's a snow story that would have buried all others during the weekend.
Sounds like you’re right.

https://dailysnark.com/2022/12/25/dolph ... ay-game-2/

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Guessing we want Dallas to win tomorrow.

And then Philly to lose.

Keep Dallas playing for something in week 18 vs Washington.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
28 Dec 2022 07:39

And then Philly to lose.

Should be interesting for Philly because they are really pushing for Hurts to play this week. I think they handle the Saints pretty good though.

As far as Washington, I actually think Cleveland has a really good shot at taking them out this week. Should be a low scoring game and I don't know that Wentz is going to play particularly well.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
28 Dec 2022 08:23
BF004 wrote:
28 Dec 2022 07:39

And then Philly to lose.

Should be interesting for Philly because they are really pushing for Hurts to play this week. I think they handle the Saints pretty good though.

As far as Washington, I actually think Cleveland has a really good shot at taking them out this week. Should be a low scoring game and I don't know that Wentz is going to play particularly well.
Wherever he's been, Worst has made a very good living playing as an uncontrolled injury-prone train wreck. I think the Commanders are making a mistake playing Worst over Heineken. And the Browns haven't been the Browns lately which should be a good thing.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

538’s chances

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
28 Dec 2022 07:06
Raptorman wrote:
NCF wrote:

It took an article from daily snark for some of you to believe it didn’t snow in Miami last week? Lol cmon boomers. Of all the things to argue with raptor about, Il take his word on it that Miami didn’t have a white christmas
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Dec 2022 12:10
NCF wrote:
28 Dec 2022 07:06
Raptorman wrote:

It took an article from daily snark for some of you to believe it didn’t snow in Miami last week? Lol cmon boomers. Of all the things to argue with raptor about, Il take his word on it that Miami didn’t have a white christmas
I will try harder from now on to understand all U.S. climates in full detail.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

First I’ve seen now was 64%

We’ve come a long way, Toto.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What a stupid thread. Packers stink. No shot at making it. yada yada yada.

Funny to read through this thread now. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2023 20:29

It is hilarious. One of the posters loved posting the Jim Mora Playoffs rant.

As I and a few others have said and will continue to say "Never give up on the Pack". :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Jan 2023 20:40
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2023 20:29

It is hilarious. One of the posters loved posting the Jim Mora Playoffs rant.

As I and a few others have said and will continue to say "Never give up on the Pack". :aok:
Oh I absolutely admit I gave up on the Packers. But I also enjoyed at least looking at the scenarios that needed to happen.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote: Funny to read through this thread now.
Absolutely is. A couple posters couldn’t help themselves chiming in and pissing on the conversation at every opportunity. Don’t they look silly now.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2023 21:16
Absolutely is. A couple posters couldn’t help themselves chiming in and pissing on the conversation at every opportunity. Don’t they look silly now.
I understand the often warranted criticism but I always try to keep the perspective of I don’t draft the players, hire the coaches or play the game. All I can do is watch. I’d rather have optimism and hope for the best.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Madcity_matt wrote:
01 Jan 2023 22:51
APB wrote:
I understand the often warranted criticism but I always try to keep the perspective of I don’t draft the players, hire the coaches or play the game. All I can do is watch. I’d rather have optimism and hope for the best.
I have no problem pointing out our flaws. Again I will full heartedly admit I gave up on the 2022 season after we lost to Tennessee. But there is a difference between giving up looking at the future of the team and intentionally only contributing meaningless, "we suck" or "I hope this is a joke" posts on a thread that is discussing 2022 playoff scenarios.

And as far as our flaws? I still don't think we have a consistent enough pass rush or quarterback to get us far in the postseason. I am just hoping that Preston Smith and Aaron Rodgers prove me wrong.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m glad from a fan standpoint the Packers are in line for the playoffs. As an analytical person it still doesn’t mean much because this is at best a 2nd round team that will be murdered by the NFC on the road.

This team doesn’t give me the same feeling I had from the 2010 or 2016 team and that’s mainly because Rodgers is just not playing wel.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jan 2023 09:48
Madcity_matt wrote:
01 Jan 2023 22:51
APB wrote:

I have no problem pointing out our flaws. Again I will full heartedly admit I gave up on the 2022 season after we lost to Tennessee. But there is a difference between giving up looking at the future of the team and intentionally only contributing meaningless, "we suck" or "I hope this is a joke" posts on a thread that is discussing 2022 playoff scenarios.

And as far as our flaws? I still don't think we have a consistent enough pass rush or quarterback to get us far in the postseason. I am just hoping that Preston Smith and Aaron Rodgers prove me wrong.
It's all about matchups, our pass rush obviously misses Gary, but if we play with smothering coverages as we did against Minny then our pass rush might be OK, our problems earlier this year is that the coverage did suck and minus better pass rush we gave up to many easy receptions.

and you already know the answer to Rodgers, with a gimpy Watson, we need to rely more on our RB's to win.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Jan 2023 10:34
I’m glad from a fan standpoint the Packers are in line for the playoffs. As an analytical person it still doesn’t mean much because this is at best a 2nd round team that will be murdered by the NFC on the road.

This team doesn’t give me the same feeling I had from the 2010 or 2016 team and that’s mainly because Rodgers is just not playing wel.
It sucks to lose anytime, but I wouldn't give up our string of winning seasons for another SB trophy, or even two. The Rams sold the farm for one and now are bottom feeders in cap hell, and might remain that way for years.

Anal lytics don't mean squat, it's whomever matches up best on any given Sunday, we see under dogs win just about as much as the fav's do, and this defense is playing just like a top 5 unit, we have just as good a chance to win it all as any other team

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

its really cool we are playing meaningful football in january. The 7th playoff spot has helped us alot. That said, the lions are hot hot hot and if they are playing for the final spot too...that game will not be a cakewalk.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23