Week 17 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:37
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:17
Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:04

you called Dr. J a liar, Joe Buck did say it, the only thing J got wrong was who told Joe Buck, for cri sakes, both you and Raptor are so concerned with protecting Goddall or the nfl ya started a stupid argument, that ended up taking precedence over the health of Hamlin
What he quoted was not factual, it was embellished to create misleading evidence. I pointed that out. Buck did say there would be a 5 minute warm up, but he NEVER claimed/said the NFL itself directed it as was quoted. It was also said it was factual that the NFL directed a 5 minute warm up, the evidence points to that being false. It looks like somewhere on the field the broadcast got their wires crossed and someone assumed there would be a 5 minute warmup and it was reported. I pointed that out at the time, but...

It has nothing to do with protecting Roger Goodell. You are right though, this whole 5 minute warmup nonsense did take precedence over the health of Hamlin both on social media and even part of the broadcast after the game was suspended. It was people trying as hard as they could to create a villain when there was absolutely no need for it. People continuously through that harrowing hour were so quick to judgment with little facts. It is why my OP was that I hate social media during times like that, people make snap judgments on events they are only viewing from afar.

It was an absolutely terrible situation last night and honestly, not defending anyone, I think the NFL handled it fairly well. They didn't make rash decisions. They brought all parties together to determine a course of action. They did what was in the best interest of the PEOPLE involved. I hope Damar will recover in time. What a scary thing for him, his family, and friends.
Dr J simply parroted comments Buck made, and added what he thought was NFL backed 5 minutes to prepare to play, and ya both ( you and Raptor) pounced on him like a seagull does a dead carp at the beach, ya both could have over looked that, I mean who gives two &%$@ about one simple comment, just say whatever ya have to say and move on.

I fell asleep and missed the hit, when I woke up the game was over, this morning I come here and it's a tit for tat back and forth and waste of time to learn any more about the incident, just stick to info stuff, your very good at that.
No, again, he embellished what was said to support an opinion that the NFL is the villain. Pounced on him? I simply said we don't know that the NFL actually said that and provided some examples of what could have happened that lead to the broadcast reporting the players were given 5 minutes to warm up. I was preaching patience.

Apparently you "give two &%$@" because you are continuing the discussion. If you missed it all, better to just observe and leave it alone. It would have been over and done with, but for you, so you are doing exactly what you are railing against...

And again, it should have all been about Damar Hamlin and the extraordinarily scary event that he and everyone close to him was going through. When people started to place blame for little to no reason, they made it otherwise.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:39
🤡
So instead of maybe leaving it alone or even admitting you were in the wrong, you double down... I guess I should not expect anything resembling class from you.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Good Focking grief.

Not sure why Goodell has to be vilified at every opportunity by some with little information.

The announcers and the studio folks had no information and were trying to find things to say. Goodell was very likely waiting on word of Hamlin's condition and not worried about the stupid game.

Said a few prayers for the young man and will say a few more. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery and his family has strength and courage through the ordeal. About all we can do at this point.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:48
Drj820 wrote:
🤡
So instead of maybe leaving it alone or even admitting you were in the wrong, you double down... I guess I should not expect anything resembling class from you.
ya know whats classless, it's you every time someone says anything not exactly right, or simply just a off the wall comment and you feeling the need to be a forum conversational correction est, spare us all with your grade school BS

I don't know this kid, hope he recovers, it's soooo pc though to act so concerned, what a bunch of phony BS.

And Goodall is a joke as a Commish, allows Sports betting to take over the league, player safety is a joke, and he's suppose to support that, officiating is a joke and now they seem controlled by the vegas line, thats why people are upset with Goodall, wake up Amish.
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Jan 2023 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:14
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
🤡
ya know whats classless, it's you every time someone says anything not exactly right, or simply just a off the wall comment and you feeling the need to be a forum conversational correctionest, GFY ah
Regardless of your opinion of me, neither of those accusations apply in this instance. It wasn't an off the wall comment I was replying to, nor was it nit-picking something that was not exactly right, but the gist was still intact. Not sure why you are getting so upset over this...
Yoop wrote:
...spare us all with your grade school BS

I don't know this kid, hope he recovers, it's soooo pc though to act so concerned, what a bunch of phony BS
Grade school BS?

PC and phony to act concerned for someone that almost died on national television? I would think that is just would be just a normal human reaction. I genuinely was concerned for the man's life last night. I am still today though he seems to be out of the woods.
Yoop wrote:
And Goodall is a joke as a Commish, allows Sports betting to take over the league, player safety is a joke, and he's suppose to support that, officiating is a joke and now they seem controlled by the vegas line, thats why people are upset with Goodall, wake up Amish.
Regardless of all these claims they are unrelated to the topic at hand. One can vilify Goodell for many things, but the handling of last night should not be one of those things.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The only thing I will add is the whole nitpicking argument started when DrJ said Goodell doesn't know the moment or is clueless...etc.

It was absolutely a knock on Goodell and the NFL management without any information of Goodell's and the NFL's input, communication, involvement, etc.

It was absolutely a "jump to conclusion" by Drj as if it were fact. Yes the buck does stop with Goodell. But I don't think it was fair to needlessly blame Roger when the result was the NFL made the right decision and we don't know any other details prior to that.

Could the NFL had prompted the game to continue and it was the two coaches who had the pulse of the situation? Absolutely. I could absolutely see a guy in New York not get the pulse and make a bad call. But we also don't know that and based on the drama, lack of communication, scariness and short time frame...

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to everyone involved and not try and place any blame on anyone. Drj did. That is what started the whole argument.
Last edited by go pak go on 03 Jan 2023 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:20
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

ya know whats classless, it's you every time someone says anything not exactly right, or simply just a off the wall comment and you feeling the need to be a forum conversational correctionest, GFY ah
Regardless of your opinion of me, neither of those accusations apply in this instance. It wasn't an off the wall comment I was replying to, nor was it nit-picking something that was not exactly right, but the gist was still intact. Not sure why you are getting so upset over this...
because you continue to defend snarking others for simply parroting what a announcer said, and I get upset cause you've done it with me and others for a decade, and my opinion of you is no different then your opinion of me, in fact I'am sure I have more respect for you then you've ever shown me, so don't start that garbage.

now are we through, if ya want to respond do it with a PM

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:20
Yoop wrote:

because you continue to defend snarking others for simply parroting what a announcer said,
The snark didn't start with me... And no, it was not simply parroting what the announcer said, it was manipulating what was actually said to create evidence in support of an opinion that was needlessly vilifying someone.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
The only thing I will add is the whole nitpicking argument started when DrJ said Goodell doesn't know the moment or is clueless...etc.

It was absolutely a knock on Goodell without any information of Goodell's input, communication, involvement, etc.

It was absolutely a "jump to conclusion" by Drj as if it were fact. Yes the buck does stop with Goodell. But I don't think it was fair to needlessly blame Roger when the result was the NFL made the right decision and we don't know any other details prior to that.

Could the NFL had prompted the game to continue and it was the two coaches who had the pulse of the situation? Absolutely. I could absolutely see a guy in New York not get the pulse and make a bad call. But we also don't know that and based on the drama, lack of communication, scariness and short time frame...

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to everyone involved and not try and place any blame on anyone. Drj did. That is what started the whole argument.
come on, what DRJ did was simply assign blame after the Joe Buck comment, everyone of us has done relatively the same thing at one time or another, was it wrong to assign the blame to the nfl? sure, but then the league has been such a bastion of honesty over the years it should be expected.

people by nature are foot in mouth reactionist, typically those type comments are over looked, I guess not on internet forums though cause people want to fight.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:37
go pak go wrote:

It was absolutely a knock on Goodell without any information of Goodell's input, communication, involvement, etc.

come on, what DRJ did was simply assign blame after the Joe Buck comment, everyone of us has done relatively the same thing at one time or another, was it wrong to assign the blame to the nfl? sure, but then the league has been such a bastion of honesty over the years it should be expected.

people by nature are foot in mouth reactionist, typically those type comments are over looked, I guess not on internet forums though cause people want to fight.
Right. And that stuff was fine. Like I get it. But when you make a reactionary attacking argument, get called out on it that it may not be true but then double, triple, quadruple down and instead attack the people who said he doesn't have all the information...not very mature either.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

not gonna apologize for blaming the NFL for asking the teams to restart in 5 minutes when the game announcer said the NFL had given the teams 5 minutes to warm up and get ready to restart. tough luck to the defenders of the shield who got upset when my post was intended to give major props to the two coaches, Mcdermott and Taylor.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2023 09:51
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Right. And that stuff was fine. Like I get it. But when you make a reactionary attacking argument, get called out on it that it may not be true but then double, triple, quadruple down and instead attack the people who said he doesn't have all the information...not very mature either.
And now quintuple.

Hate is a very strong emotion that in some common sense and facts cannot prevail.

Your efforts are wasted and once again ignorance and prejudices prevail.
Last edited by AmishMafia on 03 Jan 2023 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

DRJ reacted to a comment from Buck and assumed Goodall and the NFL where behind it, he wanted to be the first post to make a comment about it, big deal, just go look at some game time post and you'll see that stuff is quite common, disinformation is common at heat of the moment times, and DRJ reacted to attacks, you've got the cart in front of the horse on that.

It was a tense moment, snap judgements and comments are often made at those times.
I would not have been surprised if the league wanted to wait a bit and then restart the game, in that sense I don't think DRJ's comment was that far fetched.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:20
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

And now quintuple.

Hate is a very strong emotion that in some common sense and facts cannot prevail.

Your efforts are wasted and once again ignorance and prejudices prevail.
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

whats common is hoof in mouth disease, and we all do it at times, don't give me your holier then though BS

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2023 07:13
I was very sad to see that Damar Hamlin is still on a ventilator this morning.

I can't help but wonder "why is he still on a ventilator?" It's been 11 hours. The fact he still isn't breathing on his own makes me question if there is real concern of brain damage now.
After listening to physicians (not directly involved in the case) explain the situation this is my understanding.

The ventilation is precautionary. The physicians that spoke discussed the possibility of a heart contusion/bruising. Having the patient on oxygen will help the heart supply sufficient oxygen, especially to the brain.

Although not stated by the physicians, having ventilated air also relieves the chest which had just experienced a significant trauma by the impact.

From the moment of arrival at the hospital, you can be reassured that the possibility of brain damage was given immediate attention.

God Bless You Damar. Hope you are well soon.
GO PACK GO!!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:41
go pak go wrote:

I can't help but wonder "why is he still on a ventilator?" It's been 11 hours. The fact he still isn't breathing on his own makes me question if there is real concern of brain damage now.
After listening to physicians (not directly involved in the case) explain the situation this is my understanding.

The ventilation is precautionary. The physicians that spoke discussed the possibility of a heart contusion/bruising. Having the patient on oxygen will help the heart supply sufficient oxygen, especially to the brain.

Although not stated by the physicians, having ventilated air also relieves the chest which had just experienced a significant trauma by the impact.

From the moment of arrival at the hospital, you can be reassured that the possibility of brain damage was given immediate attention.

I hope you are right that it is more precautionary and heart/chest support rather than losing the ability to breathe.

We know his football career is likely over. But I just hope he can still have a happy life. It's guys like Jonathan Franklin who turn disaster into greatness that I love reading stories about. I hope Damar's story is just beginning.
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:10
not gonna apologize for blaming the NFL for asking the teams to restart in 5 minutes when the game announcer said the NFL had given the teams 5 minutes to warm up and get ready to restart. tough luck to the defenders of the shield who got upset when my post was intended to give major props to the two coaches, Mcdermott and Taylor.
And you know for a fact that is what went down? Because the announcers said it, so it had to come from the NFL. So, a sideline reporter says it, but we don't know her source, but it must have come from the top down. And because it was aired on live TV, it's the truth. The funny thing, for the next hour, the NFL communicated nothing with the sideline reporter or the Announcers, one would think that it would be paramount to the NFL to get the word to them like it was the 5 minutes. Hell, they didn't even tell them the came was postponed until after the Bills staff started packing it up.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate
NFL EVP Troy Vincent says the NFL never informed the teams they had five minutes to warm up to resume play. That never crossed their minds and he doesn't know where that came from.
Why do we keep on assuming they all know what was talking about? Joe Buck said it so it must be true? That no other story could possibly refute that. Nope, a quote from a bad announcement about a play that we know nothing about, who died for 9 minutes, and we are wondering if 5 minutes is gonna be enough. GTFO with that &%$@.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:41
go pak go wrote:

I have to believe that with the attention from trainers within 15 seconds that he was given CPR as soon as it was needed. A human can go up to 4 minutes without breathing before brain damage occurs. That leads me to think that brain damage is unlikely and he will make a complete recovery.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

AmishMafia wrote:
03 Jan 2023 11:55
A human can go up to 4 minutes without breathing before brain damage occurs.
Medicine is often a continuum and it varies across patients. Perhaps a more accurate version that statement:

Some humans can sometimes go up to 4 minutes without breathing before measurable brain damage occurs
Other humans will have measurable brain damage without breathing for as little as 2-3 minutes. Generally speaking, brain damage ( cell death) begins at the 1 minute mark, steadily worsening from there on.

Initiation of CPR does not restore full oxygen perfusion to the brain and the body's response to the O2 deprivation will lead to other body parts getting less as the body literally "pulls" oxygen out of other organs to feed the brain. Its an evolutionary response to preserve life. Those other organs are negatively impacted by the oxygen deprivation as well.

I doubt we know the full extent of the initial injury and subsequent trauma for several days, probably longer. Intubation and sedation are not atypical in treating cardiac arrests, so I wouldn't read anything into those procedures at this point.
Fingers crossed there are no serious long term issues for this young man.
IT. IS. TIME