2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We are hotter than the Lions...

Since the start of December we have not lost, they lost to the Vikings. They are going to be an easy out, but neither were the last 2 opponents.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't buy into the whole hot narrative. MLF has never lost a regular season game after Thanksgiving. That really hasn't done us any good come playoff time. We aren't any hotter this year than we have been any other year.

The only exception is we aren't used to winning so I could see a point where it feels like "riding a wave" more this year from the player's perspective than prior years because they have been on the other side of momentum a lot. It's more fun being on this side.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I wanted MIN, but it looks like SF is the betting favorite for potential match up. Do or die, I don’t hate that as our opening match up, either.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
02 Jan 2023 18:27
I wanted MIN, but it looks like SF is the betting favorite for potential match up. Do or die, I don’t hate that as our opening match up, either.
I agree, no time to fear it or think about.

Just go out there and keep hitting and get it over and done with.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 17:53
I don't care who we play. I just want to get to the NFCCG, and let the cards fall where they may after that. This newly energized Packers defense and special teams (kickoff team) + Aaron Rodgers' apparent improvements (physical and mental) + the improved receiving corp give many Packers fans justified hope that the Packers can RUN THE TABLE again. Nice having Bakh back too.

Just run it it, and get the hell out of here.
:munch:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think this is right

image.png
image.png (64.32 KiB) Viewed 413 times

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah I think I just want to avoid SF and PHI, at all costs. I like our chances against everyone else. I don't really like our odds against the top dogs in the AFC either but hey, once you're there, anything can happen.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:16
I think this is right

image.png
It looks right.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 10:16
I think this is right

image.png
Might as well eliminate all the outcomes with AZ beating SF this week. AZ is terrible. With that, all the outcomes with MN as the WC match-up also go away.

Should the Packers advance, it'll be a tough WC match-up, rest assured. I'd just as soon it be SF. Get Purdy in his first playoff game. Play some good defense and put it on 12 to put some points on the board.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
03 Jan 2023 14:02

Should the Packers advance, it'll be a tough WC match-up, rest assured. I'd just as soon it be SF. Get Purdy in his first playoff game. Play some good defense and put it on 12 to put some points on the board.
The one thing about the SF match-up that concerns me is the battle of wits between Kyle Shanahan and Joe Barry.
That's like taking a hula hoop to a gunfight.

Otherwise, I think its a heck of a match-up and getting Purdy in his 1st playoff game bodes well for GB
IT. IS. TIME

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Aren't they expecting Jimmy G to be back for the playoff game?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
03 Jan 2023 16:10
Aren't they expecting Jimmy G to be back for the playoff game?
A report on Garoppolo from Dec 24 had him getting his cast removed from his foot and into a walking boot for two weeks. I’d be quite surprised if he’s game ready by Jan 15/16 weekend.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BSA wrote:
03 Jan 2023 15:46
APB wrote:
03 Jan 2023 14:02

The one thing about the SF match-up that concerns me is the battle of wits between Kyle Shanahan and Joe Barry.
That's like taking a hula hoop to a gunfight.

Otherwise, I think its a heck of a match-up and getting Purdy in his 1st playoff game bodes well for GB
Not trying to be wet blanket here but is that really the only thing about a potential SF matchup that would concern you?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If I had to place my money on anything, I would bet our road to AZ would include going to SF, PHI and DAL. And most likely in that order.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Captain_Ben wrote:
03 Jan 2023 16:32
Not trying to be wet blanket here but is that really the only thing about a potential SF matchup that would concern you?
HaHa ! Fair question.
I just didn't have the energy to type em all up ! 8-)

However, the Packers are ascending at the right time and some portion of the 9ers fantastic defensive results are related to the stretch of poor QBs they've faced. They've done really well vs the 31st ranked schedule
Per Football Outsiders, the 9ers are # 1 defense in 2022 but would be the 4th worst # 1 defense since the year 2000.

The dysfunctional Raiders just gave em all they could handle in Stidham's 1st NFL start.

Would you be surprised to learn that 3 of the 4 losses for the 9ers this year came against the bears, broncos and falcons ?
That's just nuts for such a formidable opponent and suggests there are some exploitable chinks in their armor.
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2023 16:46
If I had to place my money on anything, I would bet our road to AZ would include going to SF, PHI and DAL. And most likely in that order.
Gets easier as we go. I like it.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BSA wrote:
03 Jan 2023 17:16
Captain_Ben wrote:
03 Jan 2023 16:32
HaHa ! Fair question.
I just didn't have the energy to type em all up ! 8-)

However, the Packers are ascending at the right time and some portion of the 9ers fantastic defensive results are related to the stretch of poor QBs they've faced. They've done really well vs the 31st ranked schedule
Per Football Outsiders, the 9ers are # 1 defense in 2022 but would be the 4th worst # 1 defense since the year 2000.

The dysfunctional Raiders just gave em all they could handle in Stidham's 1st NFL start.

Would you be surprised to learn that 3 of the 4 losses for the 9ers this year came against the bears, broncos and falcons ?
That's just nuts for such a formidable opponent and suggests there are some exploitable chinks in their armor.
I am surprised to learn that about their losses. Must admit that I am more optimistic after having read your post. But still not optimistic, given our track record with them in the AR era. Remember the movie Major League with Charlie Sheen? There was that one hitter on the Yankees- big bad SOB that hit bombs off of Wild Thing every time he faced him. That guy is SF and we are Charlie Sheen. I think his name was Partman or something. "I want Partman." :lol:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Nobody in the NFC is scary. There are some good teams but nobody is great or dominant. I think Philly is the hardest match up. One at a time. Play fast and GB can hang with anyone. GPG

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 17:20
go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2023 16:46
Gets easier as we go. I like it.
I do too.
Yoop wrote: