Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
06 Mar 2023 09:24
BF004 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 08:13
He’s been a thorn in our side for quite some time.

He was my 2015 Justin Jefferson.

I just didn't remind everybody about it on every thread. :lol:
I was big on Kendricks too, but I just wanted any talented ILB something fierce. I would have also loved that Clemson kid who was a bust, forgot his name.

We actually had the ability to get Kendricks with our first round pick alone, whereas we would have had to move up to get Jefftain and likely would have been giving up 2-3 high draft picks in addition to our first. And ILB has long been a bigger hole on this team than WR was even in 2020. Instead we went with.... Damarious Randall. :messedup: And ended up with literally 0 good players from that draft.

In any case, while he has had a nice career for Minny, sounds like Kendricks regressed hard this past year and it may be time to move on. Then again, one wonders how much of it was due to the fossil that MIN called a Defensive Coordinator last year.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
06 Mar 2023 09:55
We actually had the ability to get Kendricks with our first round pick alone, whereas we would have had to move up to get Jefftain and likely would have been giving up 2-3 high draft picks in addition to our first. And ILB has long been a bigger hole on this team than WR was even in 2020. Instead we went with.... Damarious Randall.
I was so sure it was gonna be Kendricks when we were on the clock. Like so sure. I had less doubt than I ever have on the clock. I was so stoked he was available for us.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 09:49
Saints are still $21 million over the cap, this will be interesting.
The Saints situation is exactly what I'm hoping the Packers organization avoids. They're in a seemingly perpetual state of "chasing a championship" through signing middling FAs and using future cap monies that only result in self-imposed mediocrity (at best) and disappointment.

They should have done two years ago exactly as the Rams are doing this off season: just rip the band-aid off.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

In a way tho the packers are doing exactly what the Saints are doing. Just a year or two behind. Afraid to actually pull the band aid off, stink for a year, and build it back. I think the saints and pack have the most dead money pushed into the future of any teams. I believe I read that, it’s something close.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

see I'am still convinced had we taken Jefferson we'd have won the SB in 2020, Jefferson doesn't drop passes.

we all wanted Kendricks that year

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
06 Mar 2023 10:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
The Saints situation is exactly what I'm hoping the Packers organization avoids. They're in a seemingly perpetual state of "chasing a championship" through signing middling FAs and using future cap monies that only result in self-imposed mediocrity (at best) and disappointment.

They should have done two years ago exactly as the Rams are doing this off season: just rip the band-aid off.
The Rams didn't suck because they ripped the band-aid off in 2022. They are still $14 million over the cap right now in 2023. They just kinda sucked for a whole host of reasons, but not really because they went into a self-imposed rebuild.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 10:09
In a way tho the packers are doing exactly what the Saints are doing. Just a year or two behind. Afraid to actually pull the band aid off, stink for a year, and build it back. I think the saints and pack have the most dead money pushed into the future of any teams. I believe I read that, it’s something close.
pull the band aid off and stink longer then a year or two is why the Saints and Packers aren't doing it.

I don't know where this new age tanking stuff came from, but the fans that fill the stadiums aren't part of it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 10:14
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

The Rams didn't suck because they ripped the band-aid off in 2022. They are still $14 million over the cap right now in 2023. They just kinda sucked for a whole host of reasons, but not really because they went into a self-imposed rebuild.
Oh yeah, no question. I'm talking about this coming season, tho. They have no illusions of making one final run with their current roster. Reports have them parting with a number of veterans and key reserves. They are gonna embrace the inevitable suck that follows the past few seasons of "all-in" moves.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
06 Mar 2023 10:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 10:14
APB wrote:

Oh yeah, no question. I'm talking about this coming season, tho. They have no illusions of making one final run with their current roster. Reports have them parting with a number of veterans and key reserves. They are gonna embrace the inevitable suck that follows the past few seasons of "all-in" moves.
:aok: Obviously for us that all hinges on 1 thing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we didn't do the all in thingie like the Rams did, not even close, they bought that team trading there high draft picks, and now can't afford to keep them.

we have a few players that are getting old, and a QB situation that we can manage, we have choices the Rams can only wish they had.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I will always believe that our TE problems have outweighed any of the others. Just sayin'

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Mar 2023 09:57
Labrev wrote:
06 Mar 2023 09:55
We actually had the ability to get Kendricks with our first round pick alone, whereas we would have had to move up to get Jefftain and likely would have been giving up 2-3 high draft picks in addition to our first. And ILB has long been a bigger hole on this team than WR was even in 2020. Instead we went with.... Damarious Randall.
I was so sure it was gonna be Kendricks when we were on the clock. Like so sure. I had less doubt than I ever have on the clock. I was so stoked he was available for us.
I don't think I hardly even heard the name Damarious Randall before that draft.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So the Jets thought he was a HOF QB, but didn’t want to offer him $37.5M.

And Daniel Jones wants $45, lol.

Giants might be wise to just let Jones his FA and then resign him for 35 after he doesn’t find that money on the open market.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Bazedt Zaintz.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Maaaayybe

Guess I’d want to wait till after the draft.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 13:02
So the Jets thought he was a HOF QB, but didn’t want to offer him $37.5M.

And Daniel Jones wants $45, lol.

Giants might be wise to just let Jones his FA and then resign him for 35 after he doesn’t find that money on the open market.
The Jets wanted to wait because Rodgers was their first choice. The Saints tried to trade for Carr and made him feel like their first choice, not their second choice.

I’m not saying that the money isn’t the thing; but I’m saying I’m not sure he even got to the point of discussing the money with the other teams. And he probably wanted to go somewhere he felt wanted, in part to punish teams who view him as an option rather than as the option.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Hoping we might land a vet edge guy once the draft settles.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

is new agent talk where they say "100m guaranteed" and then they say "effectively 70m" and its really 70, or???
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur