Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Not.
Right.
In.
The.
Head.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

APB wrote:
13 Mar 2023 13:29
Not.
Right.
In.
The.
Head.

$%@# yeah I would!! That looks incredible!
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Daaamn...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yippee! I get to replace my roof with almost no help from my insurance company. F'in con artists.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
19 Apr 2023 13:57
Yippee! I get to replace my roof with almost no help from my insurance company. F'in con artists.
Did you get a '2nd opinion?"
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Apr 2023 15:12
paco wrote:
Yeah, think I'd not settle for "no" on that one. Get another inspector, appeal the decision, speak to a manager...something. If the roof is bad, it's bad. If it's covered, and most are in a policy, it's covered.

Are they claiming some kind of storm exclusion or something? You can always change the cause of the damage...just sayin'.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
20 Apr 2023 08:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
paco wrote:
Yeah, think I'd not settle for "no" on that one. Get another inspector, appeal the decision, speak to a manager...something. If the roof is bad, it's bad. If it's covered, and most are in a policy, it's covered.

Are they claiming some kind of storm exclusion or something? You can always change the cause of the damage...just sayin'.
We had baseball sized hail come through 15 years ago. The first guy went up, drew the square, and "determined" there wasn't enough damage for the roof. We knew that was &%$@ so asked for another adjuster. The 2nd guy comes out, steps out of his truck, looks up at the roof, says we need a new roof, has me sign the form, and leaves. Was there for all of 5 minutes. Insurance will do everything they can not to pay out a claim.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Apr 2023 10:40
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

We had baseball sized hail come through 15 years ago. The first guy went up, drew the square, and "determined" there wasn't enough damage for the roof. We knew that was &%$@ so asked for another adjuster. The 2nd guy comes out, steps out of his truck, looks up at the roof, says we need a new roof, has me sign the form, and leaves. Was there for all of 5 minutes. Insurance will do everything they can not to pay out a claim.
I actually had 2 people inspect. There really is only damage to 1 area. But the roof is also 20+ years old. Insurance is covering the damaged spot, but taking a hit on depreciation as well.

We really haven't had the hail storms to fall back on. On top of that, I have 2 large black walnut trees that hang over the house. So anything that I could maybe claim as hail, would probably be attributed to those.

In the end, I could probably just have the damged spot fixed and pay very little out of pocket. But in a couple years, still have to replace the whole thing. We made the call to just do. It still sucks they make it so difficult. Many of my coworkers in Indiana and Kentucky say that if you have so much as a bent shingle there, insurance replaces the whole thing.

If I had more time, i'd consider fighting it more. But there's a gaping hole and I need it fixed.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
20 Apr 2023 11:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Apr 2023 10:40
APB wrote:

I actually had 2 people inspect. There really is only damage to 1 area. But the roof is also 20+ years old. Insurance is covering the damaged spot, but taking a hit on depreciation as well.

We really haven't had the hail storms to fall back on. On top of that, I have 2 large black walnut trees that hang over the house. So anything that I could maybe claim as hail, would probably be attributed to those.

In the end, I could probably just have the damged spot fixed and pay very little out of pocket. But in a couple years, still have to replace the whole thing. We made the call to just do. It still sucks they make it so difficult. Many of my coworkers in Indiana and Kentucky say that if you have so much as a bent shingle there, insurance replaces the whole thing.

If I had more time, i'd consider fighting it more. But there's a gaping hole and I need it fixed.
Pretty sure there have been some wind storms roll through recently to attribute more shingle damage to that the inspectors missed on first look. That'd be my approach.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm not a social person. So I bow out of stuff I previously plan on doing, especially if solo when I have a good (or not) excuse.

Is a 2.5 hour drive a good enough excuse to not go to a concert? I've wanted to go see this band. They don't get to the States often, if ever. But I'm planning on driving 2.5 hours there, and 2.5 hours back the same day to see them, on a work night.

That's a lot of driving to go see a band, by myself. Cost isn't a problem, it's a cheap concert. But I'm lazy and will probably feel weird with no one I know there. And I've never been to the venue (or anywhere near it).

F I'm lame.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
08 May 2023 21:48
I'm not a social person. So I bow out of stuff I previously plan on doing, especially if solo when I have a good (or not) excuse.

Is a 2.5 hour drive a good enough excuse to not go to a concert? I've wanted to go see this band. They don't get to the States often, if ever. But I'm planning on driving 2.5 hours there, and 2.5 hours back the same day to see them, on a work night.

That's a lot of driving to go see a band, by myself. Cost isn't a problem, it's a cheap concert. But I'm lazy and will probably feel weird with no one I know there. And I've never been to the venue (or anywhere near it).

F I'm lame.
Go.

Call in sick the next day. Live a little. F 'em.

Quit being lame, lame-o. ;)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’ll go with ya, when and where :)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
09 May 2023 07:14
paco wrote:

F I'm lame.
Go.

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
09 May 2023 07:15
I’ll go with ya, when and where :)
This Sunday, Reggie's in Chicago to see...

RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
09 May 2023 07:16
APB wrote:
paco wrote:

F I'm lame.
Go.

Ask yourself...a week/month/year from now, which will I regret more? Missing this once in a blue moon concert opportunity or missing a day of work?

Don't be this guy...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
09 May 2023 10:30
paco wrote:
09 May 2023 07:16
APB wrote:

Go.

Ask yourself...a week/month/year from now, which will I regret more? Missing this once in a blue moon concert opportunity or missing a day of work?

Don't be this guy...

Yeah, I know. I'll probably go. But I can't take off Monday. I'm already taking off Thursday and Friday next week to go to Louisville for a couple of days. But maybe I'll sleep in a bit. My first meeting on Monday isn't until 10am.

No way am I staying in Chicago though. Hotels are nuts. Closest ones are running over $300 for a night. I'd rather drive home at 3am than pay that for a couple hours of sleep.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My latest haul from my trip to Louisville. I'll list it if you are actually interested.
20230522_190024.jpg
20230522_190024.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 7284 times
Fyi, I didn't end up going to the concert I talked about in Chicago. But luckily was able to see Panopticon while in Louisville. So I'll call it a wash, sort of.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

My girls bought me one of those cocktail smokers for Father’s Day and I just got around to trying it out tonight with a Wisconsin Ol’ Fashioned. Let me tell you, it adds a nice flavor/scent element that I really like. I normally do a brandy cocktail mix but the smoke goes better with the bourbon, I think. I mixed a Maker’s bourbon Ol’ Fashioned and I’m liking it a lot.

I hope Charlie Behrens approves and doesn’t exile me as an Illinois’er…