2020 Training Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
Love to Kumerow for the TD. In time, he’ll learn all things @WarhawkFootball are excellent.
Matt Schneidman

@mattschneidman
Jordan Love just threw a TD to Jake Kumerow in team drills, and Aaron Rodgers threw up his hands to signal a TD. #Analysis #LoveNotHate
Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
Red zone period ends with Jordan Love finding Jake Kumerow for a touchdown against Kabion Ento. Love then gets a fist pump from Lane Taylor.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rob Demovsky

@RobDemovsky
And Jake Kumerow catches Love’s first TD pass. About a 20-yarder through traffic and Aaron Rodgers threw up his hands to signify and celebrate the score.
Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
Boyle doing exactly what you wanna see from a third year QB. Standing tall, strong delivery, hitting receivers in stride
Zach Kruse

@zachkruse2
Do not over-react to training camp play by play, do not over-react to training camp play by play, do not over-react to training camp play by play, do not over-react to training camp play by play, do not over-react to training camp play by play
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
Another nice rep from Jake Kumerow, working back to the sideline when Aaron Rodgers flushes to the right, following the scramble rules for a completion on a broken play. Good way to build trust.
Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
So many years where it was Cobb, Adams, Nelson, TE and RB. Everyone wants a set depth chart but the makeup of this offense can attack in so many ways. Doesn’t look like a team practicing for first time after quarantine
Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
Long way to go but you can tell why GB liked Begelton. He’s smaller than Boldin but similar tool box. Shifty
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
Not unlike last summer, OLB Randy Ramsey can run. Good PBU on deep ball.
Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein
Rookie RB AJ Dillon has Earl Campbell size thighs. Will be interesting to see him when the pads come on.
Jason Wilde

@jasonjwilde
Replying to @jasonjwilde
A few other notes from 11-on-11 thus far:

• Raven Greene (24) and Chandon Sullivan (39) are the extra DBs in No. 1 dime.
• Ricky Wagner (71) begins with No. 2 OL at RT. Lane Taylor (65) getting RG reps with No. 1s and 2s.
• Rookie Jon Runyon (76) at LG with No. 2s.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
Stanford Samuels ends team period with a touchdown saving PBU in red zone
Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
Excellent extend by Love. Better extension from Samuels to break up deep ball to Shepherd.
Ryan Wood

@ByRyanWood
Nice play in man coverage from #Packers S Adrian Amos, reaching around Davante Adams at the pylon to knock away Aaron Rodgers’ pass without contacting the WR. A jump ball Amos wins.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jim Owczarski

@JimOwczarski
Freshly paid Kenny Clark is being more than a bit disruptive today for the #Packers

The defense has brought energy today.
Wes Hodkiewicz

@WesHod
The Packers defense didn’t have many injuries last year but losing Raven Greene hurt. He’s back, sleeveless, and constantly around ball. Had an end zone PBU of 12
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Thanks for bringing the tweets.

So is it Begelton hype time or something? haha

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Thanks for sharing the tweets. Sounds like josh Jackson was getting picked on again early :messedup:

Sounds like Boyle May want to be QB2 this year. I would be shocked if we don’t keep 3 with covid quarantine concerns.

Turner getting the first look at RT over 6m man Wagner is interesting. No preseason may make that battle carry into the season.

Burks starting at ILB2 is a waste of time. Let’s see Summers or the rookie.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Wow I don’t know I guess with the uncertainty and the no preseason and all that, my attitude for actually getting into football this year has been pretty “I’l believe it when I see it” I do this out of a defense mechanism I suppose. Things could still go down the drain of course, but reading the live reports of stuff happening actually on grass and on a practice field made me feel excited!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Aug 2020 12:46
Sounds like josh Jackson was getting picked on again early
I dunno, this feels like an overreact because it fits our expectations...

Being beat deep by our fastest WR (especially up the middle) and being in tight coverage when Rodgers and Lazard connect on what was billed as a perfect ball doesn't seem damning to me.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

So I gather AJ Dillon passes the eyeball test... :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Thanks to everyone sharing tweets.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Doubt this man skips leg day.

[mention]go pak go[/mention] beat me to it!
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Didn't catch a tweet about what music was playing.

If anyone knows, please post. Thanks.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
15 Aug 2020 16:33
Didn't catch a tweet about what music was playing.

If anyone knows, please post. Thanks.
Probably some R.E.M. "Its the end of the world as we know it."

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I will say that my biggest disapointment of the first day of training camp was the news that Runyan was lining up at LG

It's not that I expected him to win a starting job in year one (quite the opposite, I've argued against that happening). But I would be surprised if they have him switching sides a lot in his rookie year instead of focusing on a position, and with the right side being in a rotational competition of RG/RT, I'd much rather have Runyan over there getting that experience in that competition at two positions I think he's potentially capable of in the NFL than plopped in behind a young potential all-pro

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I can't even begin to say how much I love Andy Herman saying Christian Kirksey was the player of the day for the defense and how he flawlessly picked up the RB in coverage on crossing routes.

If he stays healthy, Gutey may once again strike gold on a linebacker FA signing.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Aug 2020 17:07
I will say that my biggest disapointment of the first day of training camp was the news that Runyan was lining up at LG

It's not that I expected him to win a starting job in year one (quite the opposite, I've argued against that happening). But I would be surprised if they have him switching sides a lot in his rookie year instead of focusing on a position, and with the right side being in a rotational competition of RG/RT, I'd much rather have Runyan over there getting that experience in that competition at two positions I think he's potentially capable of in the NFL than plopped in behind a young potential all-pro
It’s still only day one. Not hard for guess to swap sides. Taylor was a LG after all last season. They probably want some experience at that position.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if they move Jenkins to center after Linsley walks in FA. He played there in college and was very good. Maybe they’re prepping at LG.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I got all amped up for the first practice and it occurs to me... I don't know when the next ones are