2020 Training Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Aug 2020 19:09
I really wouldn’t be surprised if they move Jenkins to center after Linsley walks in FA. He played there in college and was very good. Maybe they’re prepping at LG.
That's an interesting thought and I suppose it wouldn't surprise me, either now that you mention it.

The reason I brought up where Runyan was playing though was that despite Jenkins' versatility, they NEVER played him at C last year in camp, even with Linsley out for an extended time. They had Patrick in there and rotated Madison in and some others, but they decided that for a rookie, it made the most sense to focus on one thing... now part of that was because OG was already a position switch for Jenkins... but even thought it's only day one, I think seeing where the rookies line up is a good indication of how they'll be used this season, at least.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Aug 2020 11:08
lupedafiasco wrote:
I really wouldn’t be surprised if they move Jenkins to center after Linsley walks in FA. He played there in college and was very good. Maybe they’re prepping at LG.
That's an interesting thought and I suppose it wouldn't surprise me, either now that you mention it.

The reason I brought up where Runyan was playing though was that despite Jenkins' versatility, they NEVER played him at C last year in camp, even with Linsley out for an extended time. They had Patrick in there and rotated Madison in and some others, but they decided that for a rookie, it made the most sense to focus on one thing... now part of that was because OG was already a position switch for Jenkins... but even thought it's only day one, I think seeing where the rookies line up is a good indication of how they'll be used this season, at least.
when havn't we moved rookie OL to several OL positions, standard opp to me, and simply based on Jenkins athleticism he might be the best RT we have, who knows, McCarthy always wanted his OL to be versatile, never know when injury will hit and ya have to make adjustments, ol school thought of the best 5 play even if ya have to move people still makes a lot of sense to me.

this always goes back to the " who the heck is that guy, can't be very good, I never heard of him stuff" well the only way you do hear about them is if they get a starting gig, outside of WI. had anyone heard of Mark Tausher? :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
16 Aug 2020 11:28
when havn't we moved rookie OL to several OL positions, standard opp to me,
That's what I'm saying; we USED to move guys all around, but last year we said "Jenkins is a rookie and we want him to focus only at one position, left guard." So I'm thinking that might be the new standard operating procedure, which is why I expressed mild disappointment to see Runyan at LG.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Aug 2020 11:34
Yoop wrote:
That's what I'm saying; we USED to move guys all around, but last year we said "Jenkins is a rookie and we want him to focus only at one position, left guard." So I'm thinking that might be the new standard operating procedure, which is why I expressed mild disappointment to see Runyan at LG.

I think what I am more disappointed in is the fact that Runyan is at Left Guard, it means he really won't be moved to RT which I always thought he could be a player for.

His measurables with Bak and Bulaga are very close.

I mean it it was not a non-padded practice. But I agree that with him being on the left side, it may be tougher.

But who knows. He may have been there simply to a numbers game. They want to give Taylor a legit shot because he was a former starter and there is a clear vacancy at RG/RT right now.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Aug 2020 11:34
Yoop wrote:
Could also be that it just means that he is not in the mix for THIS YEAR. I wouldn't be surprised to see him focus on that spot for a season while we have our preferred guys on the right and then see him moved into that mix next year when one or more of those guys are gone.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
16 Aug 2020 12:05
I think what I am more disappointed in is the fact that Runyan is at Left Guard, it means he really won't be moved to RT which I always thought he could be a player for.

His measurables with Bak and Bulaga are very close.

I mean it it was not a non-padded practice. But I agree that with him being on the left side, it may be tougher.

But who knows. He may have been there simply to a numbers game. They want to give Taylor a legit shot because he was a former starter and there is a clear vacancy at RG/RT right now.
This is exactly what I meant

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Aug 2020 11:08
lupedafiasco wrote:

To me, while an above average center is more valuable than an above average guard, a great guard is more valuable than a great C, or heck even more valuable than all but the best LT's. But that G has to be great, truly special. But when they are, it makes a run game go like no other, and makes those tough yards so much easier. A guard you can always run behind on 3rd/4th and 1 is stupid valuable, esp if the same guy is a brick wall at pass pro.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Aug 2020 11:00
I got all amped up for the first practice and it occurs to me... I don't know when the next ones are
No schedule what so ever... We want updates!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Aug 2020 13:08
YoHoChecko wrote:
I got all amped up for the first practice and it occurs to me... I don't know when the next ones are
Nagler said Friday on his YouTube channel it was Saturday no pads and Monday with pads.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Aug 2020 13:13
Pckfn23 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Nagler said Friday on his YouTube channel it was Saturday no pads and Monday with pads.
Closed practice today? Why nothing from the media/team?

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
The Insider Inbox on packers.com said no pads until Wednesday, but I do seem to think that yes, there is a practice today... somewhere, sometime. It's weird that no one is briefing us, as the media obviously knows.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
16 Aug 2020 16:24
lupedafiasco wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Closed practice today? Why nothing from the media/team?
And, for some reason, I thought yesterday was Saturday... :messedup:

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Far more excited for Kirksey than I am concerned for Rodgers.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is my favorite tweet of the day...
Mike Spofford
@mikespofford

Rodgers throwing plenty of crossers over the middle and threading traffic. Kumerow & Tonyan with completions. #PackersCamp

12:38 PM · Aug 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2020 11:25
I think Scott was my favorite pick in the whole draft, glad to see him showing something early.