go pak go Post FA Mock Version 2.0

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

go pak go Post FA Mock Version 2.0

Post by go pak go »

My 2nd mock of the year after free agency. I still will say I don't think we should be done yet. I want to still sign Snack Harrison to a one year deal and trade away Lane Taylor for a 4th round pick. But I will not consider either of them as happening in this mock.

1st Round (30)

Though I would love either Murray or Queen, unfortunately both are drafted by either the Eagles, Falcons, Saints or Ravens. If one of them does get past NO's though I would absolutely jump Baltimore to get our guy. But here is my pick.

Denzel Mims - WR Baylor

My favorite WR of this draft. I loved him in December and I love him more now. He fits the traits we are looking for with Rodgers. Fanastic catching radius. Fantastic hands (when it comes to circus catches). Fantastic speed. Decent route running ability. Physical. Can back shoulder catch and good awareness coming back to the quarterback. Fantastic body control and sideline ability. I was shocked how well he did at the Combine and that solidified it for me. I mean his three cone though.... With Mims Aaron is out of excuses as we would have two WRs who can play anywhere on the field and always be a threat.

2nd Round - (62)

Kyle Dugger - Safety Lanoire Rine Division II

Athletic freak. A sizable safety who I envision to take over Raven Greene's role and be a long term fixture as that nickle/safety. Dugger is one who loves to tackle and stop the run. He is also athletic enough where he should be able to handle TEs and RBs. Being a Division II is his largest knock but the guy recorded the most tackles in the Senior Bowl and definitely showed he belonged.

3rd Round - (94)

Ben Bartsch - Tackle, St. Johns (Minnesota) Division III

I mean my criteria is simple. You need to have been a stud at the Senior Bowl and a bonus if you didn't play Division I.
There are a number of tackles I like after the big 4 or 5. I like the the UConn kid, the Auburn kid, the TCU and USC kid, but they will all likely be gone by the 3rd selection. Another option is LSU's Sadhiqe Charles but I really like Ben Bartsch. I think his floor is lower and he just screams Packer. His feet are amazing. He has the size and he held up very well at the Senior Bowl in practice. He was originally a tight end in high school so his athletic ability is there for our outsize zone scheme. His work ethic is strong. Great long term answer to our developmental Right Tackle.

4th Round - (136)

Logan Wilson - LB Wyoming

I'm taking a play from Lupe's mock. Good range. Great tackler. Smart. Very insticintinve when playing the run and also has tremendous lateral ability. Was a little disappointed he could not break 4.6 in the 40 yard dash but his 3 cone was very good at 7.07. That is better than most of the WRs this year.

5th Round - (175)

Justin Herron - OT, Wake Forrest

Herron is a project tackle that may be better suited to go inside at guard. Herron has been touted as being best suited in a zone blocking run team as he is very good at blocking guys in open space. Herron did not allow a sack in 2017 but did deal with injuries of an ACL tear in 2018.

6th a - (192)

Dalton Keene - TE, Virginia Tech

Woah. This might be my favorite Day 3 player. He will be a steal. He is like everthing Jimmy Graham wasn't. Basically this guy looks like he runs in grass and not wet cement. He he can play all over the field as a FB, in-line, H back. But his greatest strength is his attitude. He plays with a passion and will fit right in the locker room of guys who really care here in Green Bay. Probably like my most hoped late pick player.

6th b (208)

AJ Green - CB, Oklahoma State

I honestly don't know how he would still be available here because he seems like a 3rd to 5th round guy to me but he is here on a lot of mocks. The guy is versatile being able to play both zone and man coverages. He is also tall with a long frame and excellent feet and speed. Had 11 PBUs in 2018. I view this guy as a Kevin King backup with the potential to take over that role if we let King walk. I think he and Kadaar Hollman would fight it out for that 3rd/4th boundary corner position.

6th c (209)

Mike Panasuik - DL, Michigan State

NFL-ready size and technique for an interior defender. Powerful throughout, with a broad upper body and wide base to occupy two-gaps as a run defender. Excels to a near-elite level as a head-up run defender in one- or two-gap responsibilities: regularly wins control of opponent with initial strike, can leverage and re-leverage hands and hips to cross face while tracking ball carrier, through traffic, and has significant stopping power in the hole. Not overly explosive but can win against zone flow and reach blocks, and often disrupts as a pursuit player. Heady player who rarely is caught out of position on misdirection plays or against pullers. The guy is not a pass rusher which is why he will be a late pick. This is our replacement of Tyler Lancaster.

7th a (236)

Michael Warren - RB, Cincinatti

The guy is like Marshawn Lynch with ridiculous feet. He will make you miss and for that he blows big runs.

7th b (242)

Joe Reed - WR/RB/Returner, Virginia

Jack of all trades. Great speed and field vision. Reminds me of Swervin Ervin a bit.

Last edited by go pak go on 28 Mar 2020 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Love the "wait, a safety!?!?!?" -pick in 2nd round. Even as just a reminder that Gutey is not locked into the narrow needs we perceive.

I haven't done any draft research this year, so I appreciate every mock. :aok:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

The 3rd pick seems way to high for a Div III OT. The best thing you said about him is he looked good in practice and you peg him as a developmental prospect and that always seems to have been 4th or 5th round for us. While you're always on the lookout for the future, I think we need somebody who is a bigger contributor in the coming year from the 3rd pick.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

need to research (or simply take your word for it :lol: ) the players some, but love the direction of your mock, Mims seems like a huge impact player, Don't know the safety yet, but we play so much nickle and dime we often only use 1 ILB, I like that ya doubled up on OL, and also waited till later to grab a run plugging 2 gaping IDL, why spend big resources for a guy like that when most of the time we single gap and rush the passer, we can not allow ourselves to design our defense to stop the running teams, when most of the teams we face pass the ball more.

nice mock, it hits all my area's I think we need to improve at :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
28 Mar 2020 07:10
The 3rd pick seems way to high for a Div III OT. The best thing you said about him is he looked good in practice and you peg him as a developmental prospect and that always seems to have been 4th or 5th round for us. While you're always on the lookout for the future, I think we need somebody who is a bigger contributor in the coming year from the 3rd pick.
I would be shocked if he fell to day 3. Absolutely shocked.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Mims at 30?

A Safety in rd 2?

gpg, you are a brave soul. Having Mims at 30 seems like it would be a coup of grand scale. That would almost be like getting Aaron Rodgers at 24 (but not quite). But maybe teams who realize the plethora of very solid WRs will be lazy and not notice Mims slipping down the draft until we snatch him. We can hope!

As for the Safety in 2nd, I'd hope that he would be stout enough to actually play on some of the run downs too.

Now go and get Snacks!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Mar 2020 08:48
Mims at 30?

A Safety in rd 2?

gpg, you are a brave soul. Having Mims at 30 seems like it would be a coup of grand scale. That would almost be like getting Aaron Rodgers at 24 (but not quite). But maybe teams who realize the plethora of very solid WRs will be lazy and not notice Mims slipping down the draft until we snatch him. We can hope!

As for the Safety in 2nd, I'd hope that he would be stout enough to actually play on some of the run downs too.

Now go and get Snacks!
I agree that there is a great chance Mims will be gone by 30. I am very certain either Mims or Jefferson will be a Viking.

I basically have 5 players who I would be thrilled with at 30.

1. Patrick Queen
2. Murray
3. Mims
4. Reagor
5. Jefferson

I am very confident one of those players will be available at 30. If not, I would like to trade back in the early 2nd. Hopefully draft Aiyuck and see if we can use that extra 4th to move up on Day 2.

As for Dugger. I thought I made it clear that his role would be that nickle/safety/linebacker hybrid. Dugger is not that much smaller than Queen. The other player who I would like instead of Dugger would be Jeremy Chinn with the same pick or Brandon JOnes out of Texas in Rd 4 or Antoine Brooks out of Maryland in Rd 5. But all of these players are more run stoppers than defensive backs and I think we are missing that. Raven Greene can be it, but he is never healthy and that aspect of our defense is missing. This draft has a few of them who are really good.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Mims at 30?

A Safety in rd 2?

Now go and get Snacks!
And welcome aboard!!
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Mims at 30?

Mims at 30 is where he belongs. Anywhere from 20-40, I'd say. Most mocks that I have seen have him in that general range.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm in love! Great draft!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Don't like Mims.
Lack of separation - seems to push off a lot to get any separation. NFL much more strict than college.
Can make tough catches against college cbs. Don't like the fact the catches are so tough.

Don't like a safety in round 2 after our recent investment.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
29 Mar 2020 18:36
Don't like a safety in round 2 after our recent investment
Oh, but Duggar is nearly LB sized. He'd be a perfect 3rd safety on our system. He'd be a wonderful addition. An upgrade from Campbell (who hasn't been resigned) and Greene (who I like, don't get me wrong).

This guy could end our TE and RB coverage woes.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Mar 2020 19:53
bud fox wrote:
Oh, but Duggar is nearly LB sized. He'd be a perfect 3rd safety on our system. He'd be a wonderful addition. An upgrade from Campbell (who hasn't been resigned) and Greene (who I like, don't get me wrong).

If he will get plenty of time than in that nickle/linebacker role than fine. I liked Greene as well - seemed suited to the role.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

bud fox wrote:
Don't like Mims.
Lack of separation - seems to push off a lot to get any separation. NFL much more strict than college.
Can make tough catches against college cbs. Don't like the fact the catches are so tough.

Don't like a safety in round 2 after our recent investment.
Who do you like in this draft, bud fox?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
28 Mar 2020 11:19
Scott4Pack wrote:
Mims at 30?

Mims at 30 is where he belongs. Anywhere from 20-40, I'd say. Most mocks that I have seen have him in that general range.
really, everyone I've seen, which I admit is only 4 or 5 now has him mid 20's, he does to much very well and with sub 4.4 speed I don't see him dropping past that, I don't see him being there at slot 30, I'd love to pick up Mims, realistically though I think both He and Jefferson are gone, same with the the two lbers.

Ayuik may be a bit of a reach at slot 30, but I think he might be the best fit left for our team, but he wont be there at the end of round 2, be nice if Guty could trade back 10 or so slots into the 2nd, gain a pick or two and better line up slot value and take Ayuik, just rambling. :dunno:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
29 Mar 2020 21:16
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Mar 2020 19:53
bud fox wrote:

If he will get plenty of time than in that nickle/linebacker role than fine. I liked Greene as well - seemed suited to the role.
you can be assured he'd play about 50 to 70% of the defensive snaps, because that is how much nickle and dime we use, and if we draft a Clark clone that % is likely to increase, if ya can't get a decent ILB 2 that can cover then ya really have no choice.

we used Burnett that way, then we drafted Josh Jones to do it, and we've used Green and a few others to try and accomplish the job with minimal returns, so it would seem logical to use a high pick and try again.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
30 Mar 2020 07:20
really, everyone I've seen, which I admit is only 4 or 5 now has him mid 20's, he does to much very well and with sub 4.4 speed I don't see him dropping past that, I don't see him being there at slot 30, I'd love to pick up Mims, realistically though I think both He and Jefferson are gone, same with the the two lbers.
First site I went to, The Draft Network ranks the receiver group like this. Remember, just because WE like certain traits doesn't mean the rest of the NFL will necessarily follow suit.

Code: Select all

RANK	NAME	WR 	SCHOOL	YEAR	HEIGHT	WEIGHT	CONFERENCE

CeeDee Lamb

WR	Oklahoma	Junior	6'2"	189 lbs	Big 12

Jerry Jeudy

WR	Alabama	Junior	6'1"	192 lbs	SEC - West

Henry Ruggs III

WR	Alabama	Junior	6'0"	190 lbs	SEC - West

Justin Jefferson

WR	LSU	Junior	6'3"	192 lbs	SEC - West

Jalen Reagor

WR	TCU	Junior	5'11"	195 lbs	Big 12

Laviska Shenault Jr.

WR	Colorado	Junior	6'2"	220 lbs	Pac-12 - South

K.J. Hamler

WR	Penn State	RS Sophomore	5'9"	176 lbs	Big Ten - East

Denzel Mims

WR	Baylor	Senior	6'3"	206 lbs	Big 12

Brandon Aiyuk

WR	Arizona State	Senior	6'0"	201 lbs	Pac-12 - South

Tee Higgins

WR	Clemson	Junior	6'4"	215 lbs	Atlantic Coast - Atlantic

Donovan Peoples-Jones

WR	Michigan	Junior	6'2"	208 lbs	Big Ten - East

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Mar 2020 07:20
NCF wrote:
28 Mar 2020 11:19
Scott4Pack wrote:
Mims at 30?

Ayuik may be a bit of a reach at slot 30, but I think he might be the best fit left for our team, but he wont be there at the end of round 2, be nice if Guty could trade back 10 or so slots into the 2nd, gain a pick or two and better line up slot value and take Ayuik, just rambling. :dunno:
Then you draft Reagor who brings speed, great route running, decent hands and great RAC.

Honestly no matter what we will be fine. There are 5 players who I really like for us at 30. Queen, Murray, Mims, Jefferson and Reagor. One of them will be available. I gaurantee it.

And if they aren't, than it means we are probably getting a top 15 player who fell to us and by golly we take it.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

a few of the mocks I saw a week or so back have changed, now the run is on OT's and QB's pushing the rest of the positions back some, 7 tackles and 5 QB's going will do that, either way another week or so and the mockers will change therer mocks again, and Mims seems to good to drop to us, same with Jefferson, however I do agree a very good player will still be available.

I never expected a chance to take either of those two, should one be available, great.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I hate to be that guy. But honestly don't get wrapped up in what mocks say. Mocks are good in that it can at least provide a general sense of where a player lies such as is an early first talent, late first to early 2nd or is he then a day 2 guy or day 3 guy. That's about all I use them for.

Walterfootball has no clue where GM's rate guys especially in today's age where Mike Mayock is no longer in the mocking world.

Also when mocks change...it's generally not because players are "rising" or "falling". Especially this year. There are basically no pro days. There are no scout visits. So there really is no further information for someone to rise or fall.

I think mocks changing it up and having players be switched around is a lot more about click bait than it is about the draft changing in any way.
Yoop wrote: