Week 1 Fantasy Advice

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lulu
Reactions:

Week 1 Fantasy Advice

Post by lulu »

Hey gang,

I can't wait for this season to get underway! I'm back in fantasy football this year after stepping away for a few years. Aside from QB, I'm pretty happy with my team:

Deshaun Watson (I have Dak on the bench)
Austin Ekler
Josh Jacobs
CeeDee Lamb (Yes, it will be hard for me to root for him...)
DeVonta Smith
Mark Andrews
Drake London (Flex)
Eagles
Jake Elliott

Other flex options could be:

Samaje Perine or Breece Hall

Biggest questions for me this week are who to put in Flex (I'm high on Drake but highly suspect of his QB) and D/ST. Other D/ST options would be @Washington vs. AZ or Jacksonville @Indy. I'm torn between Washington & Philly.

Thoughts??

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

PPR or nah? if full or half PPR, def stick with Drake. If not, I'd be asking for advice, myself

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Sep 2023 23:31
PPR or nah? if full or half PPR, def stick with Drake. If not, I'd be asking for advice, myself
PPR

Being week 1 it’s pretty much a crap shoot anyway!

My week 1 matchup is projected to be a tight race so trying to squeeze every point possible.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Is it crazy to want to play Jordan Love @ Chicago over Josh Allen @ NYJ

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
06 Sep 2023 14:16
If he's without Watson and Doubs, yes.

If he has Watson and Doubs, only like a little? Crazy like a Fox?

The Jets' D obvi will be smothering, but Allen's potential for rushing yards/TDs does boost him above a normal QB facing that D

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'd jump on the Jax defense if you expect a closely contested matchup. Stick w/Drake IMO.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I would try and find a better option over London. I just really think he doesn’t get the passing volume on Atlanta. He’s the second most talented receiving option with a bad QB and a run first team. What are your other receiver options?

It’s too early to flex Hall and Perine I don’t think vultures much from Javante Williams. Might be best to hold London there if you don’t have better options.

If you drafted Josh Allen it doesn’t matter who he plays. He drafted him early and have the luxury of not streaming QBs or swapping them out frequently.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Sep 2023 23:35
I would try and find a better option over London. I just really think he doesn’t get the passing volume on Atlanta. He’s the second most talented receiving option with a bad QB and a run first team. What are your other receiver options?
I don't know, London had 117 targets last year with the same QB. I don't think Pitts is gunna take that much from him when healthier, given London is going into his 2nd year.

He'll be a very high volume targetted WR again this year.

I like him more than Perine and Hall, and very highly doubt you'll find anyone better on waivers.

Maybe Jayden Reed if Doubs and/or Watson can't play. But I'd still probably go with London at least week 1.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 14:45
BF004 wrote:
06 Sep 2023 14:16
If he's without Watson and Doubs, yes.

If he has Watson and Doubs, only like a little? Crazy like a Fox?

The Jets' D obvi will be smothering, but Allen's potential for rushing yards/TDs does boost him above a normal QB facing that D
Man, in two games against the Jets last year, the Bills only put up 37 points (18.5 per), Allen had 183 and 130 passing yards, 52.9% and a 59.3% completion rates, and only 1 TD to 2 picks. His lowest and 4th lowest QB ratings on the year...

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Sep 2023 23:35

It’s too early to flex Hall and Perine I don’t think vultures much from Javante Williams. Might be best to hold London there if you don’t have better options.

If you drafted Josh Allen it doesn’t matter who he plays. He drafted him early and have the luxury of not streaming QBs or swapping them out frequently.
My benched WR options are Michael Pittman, Jr. & Jakobi Meyers. Nothing else overly exciting is available on the waiver wire.

I think London might be my best option, although questions abound around Ridder and the addition of their rookie RB.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

APB wrote:
06 Sep 2023 15:44
I'd jump on the Jax defense if you expect a closely contested matchup. Stick w/Drake IMO.
Washington's DST is intriguing to me. AZ is awful and playing on the road, Washington may feast.

I like Eagles DST but Belichick is never to be underestimated in what he can do with substandard talent (Mac).

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Looks like Mark Andrews is out today for Baltimore. Didn't draft a backup, and waiver pickings are slim.

I'm undecided whether to go with Andrews' backup, Isiah Likely, or take a flier on Luke Musgrave.

Thoughts?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
10 Sep 2023 09:41
Looks like Mark Andrews is out today for Baltimore. Didn't draft a backup, and waiver pickings are slim.

I'm undecided whether to go with Andrews' backup, Isiah Likely, or take a flier on Luke Musgrave.

Thoughts?
With Watson out, definitely Musgrave.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Likely all the way.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
10 Sep 2023 09:49
APB wrote:
10 Sep 2023 09:41

Thoughts?
With Watson out, definitely Musgrave.
mnkcarp wrote:Likely all the way.
You guys aren't helping... :lol:

I was thinking the same (ref: Musgrave) with Watson out and Doubs reportedly limited. I suspect he'll be heavily involved. Isiah Likely is a good player, though, and performed decent in his two spot starts for Andrews last year.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

London - 0 points.

Well, only way to go is up.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lulu wrote:
10 Sep 2023 16:45
London - 0 points.

Well, only way to go is up.
Ouch.

I went Musgrave over Likely and got a modest win.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

APB wrote:
10 Sep 2023 18:47

I went Musgrave over Likely and got a modest win.
And... you learned who not to listen to, lol.