Coach Prime

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Coach Prime

Post by lupedafiasco »

Deion Sanders has got to have one of the all time great sports coaching stories. And listening to his post game press conference I believe in him now as well. I thought he would turn Colorado around in 2 years. He did it right away. What a leader of men.

And I believe he cares about developing his players too. You can’t say that about a lot of college coaches. Letting Turner play both sides of the ball is amazing. Nobody lets players do that anymore. His son looks like a really good college QB.

And he said it. He’s coached some of these kids since peewee. He’s the real life coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Agree 100%.

Always loved prime time, other than a short stint in the ‘90’s when we were the cowboys bitch.

Crazy contagious energy in that program.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Loved the pre-game speech he gave his players.

Also love that he isn't using team captain (C) designations, he's having players wear (L) for Leader and (D) for Dawg.

Players love him and its apparent he loves them. So much positive energy in that locker room.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

For all I have seen so far, though, just stay in college. If the NFL comes a calling, just say no. He is right where he belongs.

Read More. Post Less.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2023 09:35
For all I have seen so far, though, just stay in college. If the NFL comes a calling, just say no. He is right where he belongs.
I agree.

Also, that stuff wears thin quickly on guys who are 30 and have a family and bills.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. The players constantly cycle through so the shtick never gets old. In the NFL, it would get old.

I'm rooting for him, but it also is true that TCU lost a ton of players from last year's roster, and they were sort of a fluke to begin with, so I still don't know how good Colorado actually is. They are certainly much improved though.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

2-0.

I suspect 3-0 after Colorado State next week.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The win tonight was both disappointing in how hard it was and epic /legendary in the comeback aspect of it. Unreal.

Driving 98 yards for the TD and tying 2-pointer in a hair over 2 minutes was just incredible

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

I’m tired of Colorado and I’m tired of Deion. Crazy arrogant, dirty, the whole thing oozes against everything I want youth sports to be. Go away prime.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
17 Sep 2023 07:50
I’m tired of Colorado and I’m tired of Deion. Crazy arrogant, dirty, the whole thing oozes against everything I want youth sports to be. Go away prime.
Valid opinion except for the “dirty.”

Colorado STATE played dirty last night (so many personal fouls). Colorado did not retaliate or get suckered into making it an undisciplined brawl.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Sep 2023 08:51
Packfntk wrote:

Colorado STATE played dirty last night (so many personal fouls). Colorado did not retaliate or get suckered into making it an undisciplined brawl.
Unless you count eye pokes, which I surely do.

Read More. Post Less.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

NCF wrote:
17 Sep 2023 10:12
YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Sep 2023 08:51
Packfntk wrote:

Unless you count eye pokes, which I surely do.

That’s bush league 101 there.