2023 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

I was wrong on everything. That is awesome. Watson did have a job back in 22 though. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Found that trade for Najee, not how I got your first, but I got your '22 first which I traded to NCF who gave me your '24 first.
image.png
image.png (21.93 KiB) Viewed 8710 times

2022 1st - traded to NCF for 1-9, 3-9 and his 24 first (from Nick)
I traded 1-9 to backthepack (also gave a 3rd)for 1-6 - James Cook
2022 2nd (from yoho) - Garrett Wilson
2022 4th - Romeo Doubs
2023 2nd - Rashee Rice
Nick's 2024 1st

Not a bad haul for pick 1-8.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
19 Sep 2023 07:13
Wow after the carnage this week it looks daunting. Just subbed Chubb out for the season, and Saquon out of lineup. Hope to get Saquon back sooner than later before season goes sideways. Yikes.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Held on to him waiting for him to get a job. Wishful thinking it would not be at the expense of my own player. :lol:

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

This sucks. One of my rookies failed to score 20 points in week 2 (Jaden Reed had only 19.7 points). :rotf:

I cut Kyren Williams to keep all of them (don't look at the non-rookie JAGs I kept instead) so the fact that they all seem competent takes away a bit of the sting of that.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

So how do the waivers work in our league?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:42
So how do the waivers work in our league?
Looks like carp was #5 in waiver priority and you were #9

He is now 10 and you are #8

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

What crap the TE position is when two Packer fan managers want the same "TE/RB/QB" who happens to be facing the Pack. :?

I have devoted entirely too much roster space to finding one damned TE worth starting, much less two. When I think of the draft picks, too... :nuts:

At least so far this year most of us are in the same boat production-wise.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I got TE 1, 8, 11, 14, 31 and Jelani Woods on IR.

My deepest position now. Sick of having Garbo there.

At the same time, send an offer 😛

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnkcarp wrote:
21 Sep 2023 07:20
What crap the TE position is when two Packer fan managers want the same "TE/RB/QB" who happens to be facing the Pack. :?

I have devoted entirely too much roster space to finding one damned TE worth starting, much less two. When I think of the draft picks, too... :nuts:

At least so far this year most of us are in the same boat production-wise.
It's a tough one. I think I am in excellent shape, again, but same thing trying to get something out of high upside, low investment players went no where.

I had Mark Andrews and he was good, but not good enough to move the needle so I stupidly traded him and lost my pants on that trade. Then he became a superstar. If you have a gang of good TE's, keep them, because that position is so tough to get steady production out of.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The week's two lowest scorers (me and [mention]Waldo[/mention]) are gonna have a really interesting battle tonight with Hurts and Stafford and R. White and D. Smith and Kenny Gainwell and Jake Elliot and the Philly defense all in action and a 16-point game

Might even catch [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] for lowest score, though Godwin has something to say about that.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Almost had a pretty crazy comeback there.

In a span of like 5 minutes, flipping back and forth, AJ Brown pretty much dropped a TD, difficult catch. Flipping to the other game, Atwell was open deep in the end zoo. and it was under thrown and batted away.

If both were completed I think I’d have been down maybe only like 2-3 at the end of the day, would have needed some more Atwell even after that, lol.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
26 Sep 2023 07:40
Almost had a pretty crazy comeback there.

In a span of like 5 minutes, flipping back and forth, AJ Brown pretty much dropped a TD, difficult catch. Flipping to the other game, Atwell was open deep in the end zoo. and it was under thrown and batted away.

If both were completed I think I’d have been down maybe only like 2-3 at the end of the day, would have needed some more Atwell even after that, lol.
I lost in another league by 0.6 on Atwell’s TD with 1:03 remaining; the rams’ first third down conversion on the night. Oof.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I figured out how to get my players to score more TDs ---- cut them!

Kyren Williams - cut in preseason, has since scored his first three career TDs!
Rondale Moore - cut before after week 2, looks like an integral part of the offense in week 3, rushes for a TD.

I should really acquire and then cut Christian Watson before Thursday's game, don't you think, YoHo?

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

If any team wants to trade players for picks let me know. I have a 2024 2nd, 2025 1st and 2026 1st. Would love to get a QB or WR.

Or else I would be willing to package a player and a pick to upgrade at those positions. Want to try and go for it this year.

Heads up, I will be ripping it down and rebuilding in a year or two so those picks could be high.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas to help with parody a little more?

Feel like the good teams have been good for like 5+ years and the same guys are on the bottom.

Maybe its just 100% owner failure/success, but might be a little more fun if there were some ways to go from last to first a little quicker other than hitting on like 2 elite franchise QB's over a span of like 5 years.

Some brainstorming ideas:
- Change the waiver priority post draft to worst team first.
- Decrease the keep size (not sure how much that will help those at the bottom if giving up on young talent)
- Institute a maximum duration anyone can be kept (might be a nightnare to track). Thinking either those players go to the rookie draft, maybe some type of auction system for those FA's, worst teams have the most money, other.

Any thoughts?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
26 Sep 2023 10:57

Start here, that's a simple fix.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:

Feel like the good teams have been good for like 5+ years and the same guys are on the bottom.

Maybe its just 100% owner failure/success, but might be a little more fun if there were some ways to go from last to first a little quicker other than hitting on like 2 elite franchise QB's over a span of like 5 years.

- Decrease the keep size (not sure how much that will help those at the bottom if giving up on young talent)
- Institute a maximum duration anyone can be kept (might be a nightnare to track). Thinking either those players go to the rookie draft, maybe some type of auction system for those FA's, worst teams have the most money, other.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to a dynasty league. The problem with the guys in the middle/bottom in this league is they don’t trade enough. In most dynasty leagues if you are not strong you trade pieces for more picks, or trade picks for players to help you. More movement shakes things up.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
26 Sep 2023 11:40
BF004 wrote:

Any thoughts?

Welcome to a dynasty league. The problem with the guys in the middle/bottom in this league is they don’t trade enough. In most dynasty leagues if you are not strong you trade pieces for more picks, or trade picks for players to help you. More movement shakes things up.
We should have a mandatory minimum of like at least 3 trades per year, or you get docked a draft pick. :lol:

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Reset waiver priority each week based on previous week points (i.e. worst performance gets first pick).