Your Morning Coffee Rodgers Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

APB wrote:
26 Sep 2023 15:34
The implosion has begun.

Aaron Rodgers made his weekly appearance on McAfee this morn and had some pretty pointed things to say about his Jets teammates.
Aaron Rodgers wrote: "Too many little side conversations, and we just need to grow up a little bit on offense and lock in and do our jobs and not point fingers at each other -- and that's everybody. Don't point fingers at the coaching staff, don't point fingers at each other. Just get back to work and get the job done."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38 ... nt-fingers
I thought the bigger part of the story was what Namath said. I love Joe Namath- "just fire 'em all and Zach Wilson sucks." :lol:
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
15 Sep 2023 13:39
I wonder if they’re still presenting this scenario to Rodgers…?

Oldschool
Reactions:

Post by Oldschool »

Watch the Jets move up in the next draft to take a quarterback. ;)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I feel like we’ve seen Rodgers in ‘17 and ‘18.

He is magic, but not that magic, especially at this age. Even he can’t raise a dysfunctional offense devoid of talent at key places.

I just don’t think he could single handedly fix that mess. Those are very real problems on that O from the top down.

Annoying, cause I don’t think they have a good shot of making the playoffs with him every game.

But fingers crossed for a top 40 pick.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Don't look now, but the Jets are at the bottom of the AFC East

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
27 Sep 2023 05:27
...and I see it getting worse before it gets better.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
27 Sep 2023 06:59
TheSkeptic wrote:
27 Sep 2023 05:27
...and I see it getting worse before it gets better.
And Rodgers jerseys at Lambeau are increasingly becoming increasingly rare. Joe Namath wants the current Jets QB benched. And Kaepernick is lobbying to QB the Jets now. This has evolved into an awesome train wreck. :aok:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 27 Sep 2023 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Oldschool wrote:
26 Sep 2023 16:53
Watch the Jets move up in the next draft to take a quarterback. ;)
Hey Oldschool ................ you have an awesome avatar. Look in the background and you'll see Lionel Aldridge next to Dave Robinson wearing #62. This photo is from the 1963 season when Aldridge and Robinson were rookies. Willie Davis is seated to the left of Fuzzy. GO PACK GO!

https://packerspastperfect.wordpress.co ... update-62/

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I just saw on the news that Kaepernick asked the Jets if they would consider signing him to lead their PS. :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
27 Sep 2023 12:02
I just saw on the news that Kaepernick asked the Jets if they would consider signing him to lead their PS. :lol:
Yes, he did.

With some hesitation, I am going to share the Netflix video (via twitter link below) that has been mentioned here (and elsewhere) so that you can see for yourselves what the controversy is about and make your own judgments. This is not intended to derail this thread completely, however, Kaepernick has certainly entered the conversation.

After seeing this, and regardless of how you feel about him from a talent perspective, would you be comfortable inviting this level of controversy into your young locker room if you were the Jets owner/GM?

Side note: The Mod Team asks that you limit comments to those that impact football and save the political aspect of things for the Round Table sub-forum. Yes, there is a gray area. Please use good judgment.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
27 Sep 2023 12:25
Pugger wrote:
Yes, he did.

With some hesitation, I am going to share the Netflix video (via twitter link below) that has been mentioned here (and elsewhere) so that you can see for yourselves what the controversy is about and make your own judgments. This is not intended to derail this thread completely, however, Kaepernick has certainly entered the conversation.

After seeing this, would you invite this level of controversy into your locker room if you were the Jets owner/GM?

Side note: The Mod Team asks that you limit comments to those that impact football and save the political aspect of things for the Round Table sub-forum. Yes, there is a gray area. Please use good judgment.

I kinda doubt the reason he isn't on an NFL roster today because of his political leanings. ;)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Yes, he did.

After seeing this, and regardless of how you feel about him from a talent perspective, would you comfortable inviting this level of controversy into your young locker room if you were the Jets owner/GM?

absolutely nothing he said is false, but just like with plantation owners of old, the nfl owner wants to make sure there getting what there paying for.
at this stage I'am not sure Kaep still has what it takes, but the NFL sure did a good job of destroying him.

and thats all I'am allowed to voice on this topic, but everyone here knows how I stand about this anyway, just disgusting.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Regarding CK, he is about bringing his "baggage" with him, wherever he goes. That isn't a personal indictment. It's just a fact with him. That is his own responsibility. Any team that would consider bringing him in must also consider bringing in the distractions. There is no way around it.

CK's problem is that teams want a cohesive organization. And now, CK has done more than enough to assure that no such thing would occur on any time he might join.

Maybe in five more years, if CK remains less of a public figure for social justice, he could play again. Maybe. His problem is that players, coaches, and owners (not to mention fans) will remember what CK has done of his own free will.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

He'd be old for an NFL QB. He's ancient for the type of QB he was only good at being for a year or 2. and he hasn't stepped on a practice field in 7 years, let alone a playing field so I think it's safe to say he's beyond done just from an ability standpoint.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Sep 2023 16:09
Regarding CK, he is about bringing his "baggage" with him, wherever he goes. That isn't a personal indictment. It's just a fact with him. That is his own responsibility. Any team that would consider bringing him in must also consider bringing in the distractions. There is no way around it.

CK's problem is that teams want a cohesive organization. And now, CK has done more than enough to assure that no such thing would occur on any time he might join.

Maybe in five more years, if CK remains less of a public figure for social justice, he could play again. Maybe. His problem is that players, coaches, and owners (not to mention fans) will remember what CK has done of his own free will.
It's not just his baggage. If he could still play he'd be on somebody's roster. QBs that can actually play are few and far between. There are not 32 decent starters right now. NO lost Carr, who isn't elite by any stretch, and their offense went into hibernation against us on Sunday. The Bears are stuck with Fields, NJ is floundering with Wilson. If CK could play he wouldn't be begging NJ for a spot on their PS.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
27 Sep 2023 12:44
APB wrote:

absolutely nothing he said is false, but just like with plantation owners of old, the nfl owner wants to make sure there getting what there paying for.
at this stage I'am not sure Kaep still has what it takes, but the NFL sure did a good job of destroying him.

and thats all I'am allowed to voice on this topic, but everyone here knows how I stand about this anyway, just disgusting.
I agree with you. Some slaves obviously were always and will always be treated better than others. Slavery can be partial (only economic) or complete (physical + economic). It can be based upon race or the nation you were born in or your gender. The little kids locked in a cage in the basements of the men who run our deep state nation are slaves because they exist for someone else's benefit. So are NFL players who have an infinitely better life, because they work for someone else's benefit and cannot freely market their skills. There is nothing that says that a slave cannot have a much better life than a free man or woman, in fact that has been common throughout history.

It is time that the government removes the anti-trust exemption on the NFL and breaks it up into two parts again, with players being able to refuse their draft status and sign with the alternatives. It would be even better if there 3 or 4 leagues. But while we are at it, abolish the military draft, cancel it completely instead of just suspending it. And refuse military help or the sale of weapons to any other nation that has an involuntary draft.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I think people have become very loose with some of their definitions these days. No wonder we have so many victims

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

musclestang wrote:
28 Sep 2023 05:08
I think people have become very loose with some of their definitions these days. No wonder we have so many victims
That is the literal definition of a slave. Someone who cannot quit and go work somewhere else in their profession is a slave. Someone who has limited or no say in their pay or working conditions is a slave. A contract does not negate slavery if the worker has no practical alternative to signing that contract, whether it is a draftee into the NFL or the army. A draftee into the army because a nation wants to pay that soldier 10% of what the job should pay to get people to willingly join, makes that soldier a slave. A draftee into the NFL who is forced to play on an unsafe field rather than grass makes that player a slave, regardless of how much that player is paid. And if a NFL player is traded he is definitely a slave, you cannot buy and sell free human beings, not a 5 year old Mexican child on the border and not a multi-millionaire NFL player.

Got news for you, my friend, most of us ARE victims. If you or I work long and hard and someone else takes an unfair percentage of our pay (taxes), then we are slaves to the government and victims of an overly powerful government. If a monopoly is legalized by government, everyone who suffers economically because of that government enforced monopoly is a victim of it. But as you suggest, there are many shades of victimization and slavery and no one in the USA other than that little kid in a cage in a government bureaucrat's or politician's basement in DC is a 100% slave or a 100% victim.

No matter how you look at it, trading Rodgers to anywhere was wrong. The AFL should be a separate league and he should have been able to leave and the Packers should have had to fire him if they no longer wanted him. Yes, there are contracts and a freely negotiated contract must be enforced, but NFL contracts are not freely negotiated because there are no realistic alternatives to the NFL due to government interference. The same applies to Kaepernick and the fact that he is a jerk is not relevant.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
27 Sep 2023 22:56
Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Sep 2023 16:09

It's not just his baggage. If he could still play he'd be on somebody's roster. QBs that can actually play are few and far between. There are not 32 decent starters right now. NO lost Carr, who isn't elite by any stretch, and their offense went into hibernation against us on Sunday. The Bears are stuck with Fields, NJ is floundering with Wilson. If CK could play he wouldn't be begging NJ for a spot on their PS.
I think he has a league wide ban, I think the owners are banning together and decided NO one sign him because of the racial tensions he may brew up, he had no trouble getting all the players and half the coaches behind him the last time.

I think as others have said the risk out weigh the positives by a huge margin, just to many distractions

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »