Milwaukee Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Hate that Jrue is now a member of the Celtics but it is what it is. This Bucks team is still much improved over last year's version.

I'll be interested to see what the Trailblazers look like 4-5 years down the road. They got quite a haul for Lilliard. Now to make something out of it.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

I'm really looking forward to seeing this Bucks team play. Lillard/Giannis seems a bit like Kobe/Shaq Light to me. Mean it as a compliment.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Terry Stotts stepped down as the top assistant on Bucks staff. What the heck is going on there? Doesn't sound like Griffin and Stotts had a beef...?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Stotts came back after being away from the game for 2 years to be on his staff. So... :idn:
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
19 Oct 2023 21:47
Stotts came back after being away from the game for 2 years to be on his staff. So... :idn:
Isn’t it Stotts’ offense they’re trying to implement?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If this was all it was, then I gotta say…really?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wow, have to think there were more situations like that. Getting called out in front of everyone may have been the final straw. Not really a good look for Griffin. But also for Stotts not just doing what he's told. He has to know Giannis and Lillard would stick around to talk after the coaches huddle.

If it was that contentious, best to walk away now for everyone's sake.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
20 Oct 2023 07:47
Wow, have to think there were more situations like that. Getting called out in front of everyone may have been the final straw. Not really a good look for Griffin. But also for Stotts not just doing what he's told. He has to know Giannis and Lillard would stick around to talk after the coaches huddle.

If it was that contentious, best to walk away now for everyone's sake.
I saw some stuff that Stotts was apparently exercising his former coach seniority privileges a little too excessively and Griffin reeled him in. The fact Griffin did it in front of the entire team wasn’t a good look but neither was Stotts acting in his own perceived above-the-head-coach capacity.

Like you, I have to believe something has been brewing between Griffin, the rookie head coach, and Stotts, the seasoned head coach. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stotts was leveraging his close relationship with Lilliard.

If Stotts was overstepping his role, I’m glad Griffin took the steps to reel him in. For all we know, a private talk had already occurred and the public call-out was warranted. In any case, if there was an issue, and clearly there was, I’m glad it was dealt with sooner rather than fester and blow up mid-season.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This season is going to be a ton of fun to watch. Dame is so good.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

paco wrote:
26 Oct 2023 21:11
This season is going to be a ton of fun to watch. Dame is so good.
It is. I never knew how much fun he would be. Amazing!
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Is this something new? Did I miss it? What the hell is this in-season tournament about?
The Bucks and Knicks are in East Group B of the tournament along with Charlotte, Miami and Washington. All the teams in the group will play one another this month as part of their usual regular-season schedules. What is the end reward?

The tournament’s six group winners and two wild-card teams advance to quarterfinal matchups Dec. 4-5.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
04 Nov 2023 09:15
Is this something new? Did I miss it? What the hell is this in-season tournament about?
The Bucks and Knicks are in East Group B of the tournament along with Charlotte, Miami and Washington. All the teams in the group will play one another this month as part of their usual regular-season schedules. What is the end reward?

The tournament’s six group winners and two wild-card teams advance to quarterfinal matchups Dec. 4-5.
It is new. I think its mostly a ploy to get teams to play their better players more. But they also changed the injury rules too. Can't just randomly rest guys.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Giannis was 1-7 on 3 pointers yesterday. The thing that is going to stop him from being mentioned with the all time greats is his self belief that he'll ever develop a 3 ball or be a jump shooter.

Be who you are and dominate there! Stop this BS Giannis!

I've only see part of 1 game so far. But people don't appear to be loving the start of the AG era. Dame sucks and gives little effort on defense. Giannis keeps doing whatever he wants. Wrong guys are getting minutes. Maybe its just stuff to work out with a new coach and new superstar on the team. Hope so. There's no reason this team should be thought of as anything less than a title contender.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Dame seems like a much better player when he's "the man". He thrives when it's take-over-the-game type stuff. Watching him as co-superstar, or even supporting cast to Giannis, he just looks out of sorts. And yeah, his play on the defensive side is terrible.

Not terribly impressed with AG thus far. From Stotts to defensive philosophy to groupings on the court, there's a lot of questionable stuff he's done. Willing to let him find his HC footing for a bit but dude needs to figure this thing out.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
07 Nov 2023 10:31
Dame seems like a much better player when he's "the man". He thrives when it's take-over-the-game type stuff. Watching him as co-superstar, or even supporting cast to Giannis, he just looks out of sorts. And yeah, his play on the defensive side is terrible.

Not terribly impressed with AG thus far. From Stotts to defensive philosophy to groupings on the court, there's a lot of questionable stuff he's done. Willing to let him find his HC footing for a bit but dude needs to figure this thing out.
As I post this, their record is fine, but you are correct. They are mostly discombobulated right now as a basketball team. They tip off against the Pacers in about a half hour. First few games they almost looked lazy. And I mean everyone including Giannis. They were just flat out being out hustled and still managed to win a few. I guess I will wait until Christmas to give any real takes on new coach and team, but right now I agree with your early take.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hooray!!!

No clue what this means, but yeah!!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bucks canned Griffin. Clearly wasn't working out. Going to be interesting to see what else happens. Griffin was Giannis' guy. Will he be pissed or was he fed up too? Bucks are 30-13, but are mostly that good due to just having Giannis and Lillard. But they've been far from good so far.

Rumors are that Doc Rivers is a real possibility. No idea if that will be good or not. But this team should be considered right there as a top 3 team. Hope whoever comes in gets them playing like it.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Griffin did not seem like a smart hire. He is an inexperienced D-minded coach, neither of those things make sense for a team in win-now mode and with so many guys on the roster that are prolific at scoring on offense.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
23 Jan 2024 14:53
Griffin did not seem like a smart hire. He is an inexperienced D-minded coach, neither of those things make sense for a team in win-now mode and with so many guys on the roster that are prolific at scoring on offense.
If you are a defensive-minded coach, you better not suck and get results... where have I heard that before?

Read More. Post Less.