Bakh To IR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Labrev wrote:
04 Oct 2023 12:45

Why does he take it as a given that the FO would not think the team will be competitive?

Why does it not seem to occur to him that the FO might actually feel totally differently?

well because the FO has said stuff like this
“With regard to Jordan, I would tell our fans to remember that this will be his first year as a starter, and that there will be a learning curve.
- Mark Murphy, president

and this
"I'm comparing it a little bit to Aaron's first year as a starter, yeah, I'd say at least half a season to know," "And I think even though we ended up with a losing record that year, but we saw enough of Aaron to know that we had something special."
Doesn't sound like a guy thinking 13-4 is coming.

in that same interview said there would be " ups and downs" in this upcoming season for Love.

also said this
We have young receivers. But we have a lot of talent there," Murphy told reporters while speaking about the team's offense. "Our hope is that they'll all get better and grow together.
Sounds like a guy setting some expectation management to mee. They have to grow and get better, they aren't there yet. I guess that's my Bakhtiari glasses filled with nothing but love for him interpretation of it.

This was also said,
It's going to be a different role for him, certainly, and I think we all have to kind of temper our expectations for him. It's different when you're going into a game versus when you're starting a game. It's going to be a process, but it's gonna be exciting for him, for us.
- MLF

temper your expectations from the most important position on the field. It's different from going into a game, to starting, it's gonna be a process. All completely normal, rational and the reality of the situation.

The HC and President basically told you the same thing Bakhtiari did, you just don't like it when he says it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Very rarely do I go into a thread and think this is 100% not worth my time to read the last few pages to catch up on the conversation. This is one of the strong exceptions.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
Why does he take it as a given that the FO would not think the team will be competitive?

Why does it not seem to occur to him that the FO might actually feel totally differently?

Why does he take it as a given that this team in its rebuild should be looked at (not only from the outside but also from the inside by our FO) as the same as the usual rebuilding team, needing major turnover and likely to suck, not as a team with a good core that would buck the trend of being bad in its rebuild year?

Why does he at no point stop to point out that this team may be an exception, regardless of what others expect, but actually seems to *preempt* that idea by qualifying his statements by saying "I'm not being a homer" -?

It's simple, the guy told on himself. Sorry you folks are not able or too fond of him to see it.
Holy smokes, dude.

He does pretty much exactly as you lament he is not doing.

Here, do yourself a favor. Get away from the cherry picked non-context snippets and watch the actual friggin' interview. I bookmarked it at the 52:30 mark when the conversation regarding Rodgers takes place. The segment is roughly 13 minutes but the parts that have you all wound up are within the first 7-8 minutes.

If you watch, you'll clearly see he is speaking in hypotheticals IN THE VOICE OF THE FO. It's blatantly obvious.

If you want to continue to deny what is this blatantly obvious, I'll just say have at it. You then are just clearly looking to be offended about something/anything.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
04 Oct 2023 13:58
Very rarely do I go into a thread and think this is 100% not worth my time to read the last few pages to catch up on the conversation. This is one of the strong exceptions.
That was like an octuple negative.

Just say it was worth reading next time. :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
04 Oct 2023 16:38
NCF wrote:
04 Oct 2023 13:58
That was like an octuple negative.

Just say it was worth reading next time. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I'm still unsure on whether he was being complimentary or derogatory... :dunno: :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Why is the guy talking like he’s not on the team? And he said safe bet is team would be bad. Very innopropriate
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Oct 2023 17:13
Why is the guy talking like he’s not on the team? And he said safe bet is team would be bad. Very innopropriate
Your pettiness over a conversation that happened on a bus while sucking down bourbon is almost breathtaking.

Incidentally, the conversation segment prior to the one that’s got you in this fragile state was about pecker gazing in NFL locker rooms. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of that one. You’ll surely be in a tizzy after hearing some of that….

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
04 Oct 2023 18:58
Drj820 wrote:
04 Oct 2023 17:13
Your pettiness over a conversation that happened on a bus while sucking down bourbon is almost breathtaking.

Incidentally, the conversation segment prior to the one that’s got you in this fragile state was about pecker gazing in NFL locker rooms. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of that one. You’ll surely be in a tizzy after hearing some of that….
My suggestion for Bakh: less bourbon, more leg rehab in the gym with a professional physical therapist.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Call me a hater, but I prefer my star players to not get hammered and talk trash about my team. But hey, maybe I’m just old school.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote: My suggestion for Bakh: less bourbon, more leg rehab in the gym with a professional physical therapist.
Drj820 wrote:
04 Oct 2023 19:51
Call me a hater, but I prefer my star players to not get hammered and talk trash about my team. But hey, maybe I’m just old school.
:lol: :lol:

This conversation grows more ridiculous by the moment…

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Okay. Well apparently I am too stupid to understand what is so 'obvious' to everyone else, because I listened at 52:30 and for the entirety of that segment and did not hear him do exactly what I lament him not doing (which, to be clear, is offer any reason to believe the team will be GOOD).

So you or anyone else can please point out for this dunce exactly where he does that.
APB wrote:
04 Oct 2023 16:36
If you watch, you'll clearly see he is speaking in hypotheticals IN THE VOICE OF THE FO. It's blatantly obvious.
I do not concede this point, because you are wrong, but I will move past it to direct your attention to something else:

Fast-forward to like 55:49. By this point, we are *well past* any discussion about the FO's state of mind. Bakh says this:
"Could the Packers be good? Yeah, I'd certainly love that and hope so. But also I'd be ignorant to say that, 'does this look like a rebuild?' Probably."
Now he is undeniably talking about his own belief, not the FO's, because that (very dumb) Thought Experiment has been concluded and now he is saying this unprompted.

:|

And why is that an issue? Two reasons. First of all, we see here that he equates Rebuild with Bad Team/poor performance. And he has been saying constantly that we are a rebuilding team. So he is in effect saying the team is bad, even if he and his apologists are too clueless to realize it.

Second, more problematically... why are you saying how good or bad "they" will be like you are not part of the team and therefore directly determinative of the result, Dave? YOU'RE A PLAYER!! *YOU* have control to a not-insignificant degree over how good or bad they will be.

This attitude stinks. There is nothing irrational about me thinking so, and it is not part of some agenda I have against him; I would say it for anyone who expresses it.

*edit*

I do quite like the Latte Larry's t-shirt, though. He got some points from me for that. :aok: God help us if he had worn Mocha Joe.
Last edited by Labrev on 04 Oct 2023 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

musclestang wrote:
04 Oct 2023 13:54
Labrev wrote:

well because the FO has said stuff like this
“With regard to Jordan, I would tell our fans to remember that this will be his first year as a starter, and that there will be a learning curve.
- Mark Murphy, president

and this
"I'm comparing it a little bit to Aaron's first year as a starter, yeah, I'd say at least half a season to know," "And I think even though we ended up with a losing record that year, but we saw enough of Aaron to know that we had something special."
Doesn't sound like a guy thinking 13-4 is coming.

in that same interview said there would be " ups and downs" in this upcoming season for Love.

also said this
We have young receivers. But we have a lot of talent there," Murphy told reporters while speaking about the team's offense. "Our hope is that they'll all get better and grow together.
Sounds like a guy setting some expectation management to mee. They have to grow and get better, they aren't there yet. I guess that's my Bakhtiari glasses filled with nothing but love for him interpretation of it.

This was also said,
It's going to be a different role for him, certainly, and I think we all have to kind of temper our expectations for him. It's different when you're going into a game versus when you're starting a game. It's going to be a process, but it's gonna be exciting for him, for us.
- MLF

temper your expectations from the most important position on the field. It's different from going into a game, to starting, it's gonna be a process. All completely normal, rational and the reality of the situation.

The HC and President basically told you the same thing Bakhtiari did, you just don't like it when he says it.

Three of those four quotes are about how good Love will be, against the standard that has been set in the minds of many Packer fans, i.e. HOF-caliber elite QB play (hence, the need to temper expectations). One of the four is about the passing game more broadly.

It is not suggested in any of those statements that the odds or anything else are against the team being good/competitive.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

They all have to do with the team. Even brought up switching to a guy that proved to be a HOF caliber QB the team had a loosing record. Quit kidding yourself

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

musclestang wrote:
04 Oct 2023 21:27
They all have to do with the team. Even brought up switching to a guy that proved to be a HOF caliber QB the team had a loosing record. Quit kidding yourself
:aok:

Yeah, I’m done chasing this conversation.

Let them be offended.

Cancer. Pfft. SMH.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yal put in several pages of work on this thread defending a multi millionaires honor. Impressive. He doesn’t need it tho. He’s stolen a lot from the pack the last few years. Had fun doing it too. 69 jokes, getting hammmered on podcasts, tricked out golf carts. Save your energy boys, Bakh will be fine!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

much ado about nothing.

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

@TomSilverstein · 32s #Packers LT David Bakhtiari just addressed reporters on his medical condition. The takeaways: needs one more surgery and is out for season. Doctors are confident it's a cartilage issue that they suspected was there but couldn't prove it was the issue. Hopes to be ready by camp

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

So rodgers at 39 rips his Achilles and still has hope to return this season to lead the troops.

Bakh needs a little cartilidge cleanup and mails it in for the year with no attempt to return.

Not shocked, but..sad.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Oct 2023 15:51
So rodgers at 39 rips his Achilles and still has hope to return this season to lead the troops.

Bakh needs a little cartilidge cleanup and mails it in for the year with no attempt to return.

Not shocked, but..sad.
I suspect you're only a doctor on internet forums...
Spoiler

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Oct 2023 15:51

Not shocked, but..sad.
I am not a Dr. like Dr. Pepper is a doctor, but from what I have read, this isn't a cartildige clean-up. I had that done as a Jr. in high school and I was playing backyard tackle football 10 days after surgery, so yeah, you'd have a point. This doesn't sound as simple as shaving down some torn cartilidge. There is nothing there to shave. This is like transplant surgery the best I can tell. But you keep being DrJ like Julius Erving is a Dr.

Read More. Post Less.