Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 20 Rams 3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Per NBC:
- Packers first game of the season with 350+ yards of offense
- Love's first game since Week 2 with zero turnovers
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
05 Nov 2023 16:53
wallyuwl wrote:
05 Nov 2023 16:23
Extremely disappointed. I thought they could lose out and get at worst pick 3, and clean house. They just didn't want it bad enough. Though if there was a team on the remaining schedule that they were likely to beat it was the Rams (even with Stafford, and especially without).
Least surprising comment of the day.
:beer2: :rotf:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

APB wrote:
05 Nov 2023 18:11
wallyuwl wrote:
05 Nov 2023 18:03
APB wrote:
05 Nov 2023 17:58

What does it matter if Gutebumst can’t draft worth a &%$@ anyway?
Go 2-15 and he is much more likely to get fired than 5-12. 3-14 is still in play. He gets fired, someone else runs the draft.
Sundays must be such a hoot in your house. Complain when they win. Complain when they lose. Cheer for the absolute worst for your team.

Go Pack Go.

👍
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’d agree the pass to Heath was a drop. Not perfect but a wholly catchable ball.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I'll just take the play call when Musgrave scored. FINALLY, we see a great play design, executed well!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There are times to root for losses.

But this is not the time to root for losses. I would much rather see this young team build confidence and grow. It is much easier to rely on players for the future by seeing them improve on the field rather than hope for a draft pick to be hit in May 2024.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Overall it was much the same on offense. Our offense can't get out of its own way, but to be fair, the refs were absolutely atrocious.

Hated the first Love ball to Watson. Definitely underthrew him. Other than that I thought Love played decent. Definitely played better the second half.

Carrington Valentin was an absolute stud today. A lot of praise for Alexander on this thread but Valentine was the best member of the secondary today. Absolute beast. Fantastic seeing him rise to the opportunity.

And man. Karl Brooks and Colby Wooden are just fun to watch. Wyatt was a bit more quiet but Wooden and Brooks were unbelievable. That Wooden stop on 4th down by breaking up a double team was insane.

Even Anthony Johnson Jr played better than I expected.

Tell you what boys. Go get a win at Pittsburgh and the season could get interesting again. :)
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

bud fox wrote:
05 Nov 2023 17:46
wallyuwl wrote:
05 Nov 2023 17:07
BF004 wrote:
05 Nov 2023 16:53

Least surprising comment of the day.
This team needs a rebuild from the ground up at least as badly as in 1990 (Wolf was hired in 1991). One win against what is the worst team in the league when they don't have their QB (top 4 worst even with Stafford) doesn't change that. Winning meaningless games now hurts the future.
This is the unfortunate truth. Whilst good to win ultimately it sets us back. This team is on the path of a rebuild whether we like it or not and the higher the pick the better.
We are rebuilding now! We have so many young players that need to learn a great deal, which includes learning to win. Losing breeds a losing culture.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Hitting some deep balls will help out the screen game. Till now there was no real reason to give Love an all out pass rush that would be susceptible to a screen. His passes weren't hurting them. A controlled pass rush to keep him from running can easily crush the screen game. Need more success like today and a few fake screens to break out the screen game.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

When I see hustle and effort like this, it gives me hope for this team and this coaching staff. Previous claims of this staff losing the locker room are obviously overstated.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow Rasul is traded and the defense comes to life, we see more aggressive play on both sides of the ball, it was like someone flipped a switch.

nice to see Jones back, being able to run slows down the pass rush, and Gives Love more time, hopefully this type play continues.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not only was he really really good. He brought some awesome infectious energy.

Think I saw a play where Wooden, Brooks and Van Ness were pressuring the QB and Valentine had a PBU and Anthony Johnson was closing in fast too.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2023 06:30
Not only was he really really good. He brought some awesome infectious energy.

Think I saw a play where Wooden, Brooks and Van Ness were pressuring the QB and Valentine had a PBU and Anthony Johnson was closing in fast too.
I have to admit if this is going to be how Valentine plays in the future I can see why Gute traded Rasul, small sampling, but he played very well, same for Johnson, hope it continues.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
05 Nov 2023 20:14
I’d agree the pass to Heath was a drop. Not perfect but a wholly catchable ball.

Not gonna lie. The stats seem to be a lot better than the eye test in this game. I didn't think he particularly had a good game.

But I guess it's better to think that and see stats like this rather than the other way around.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I am liking this kid.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2023 06:54
APB wrote:
05 Nov 2023 20:14

Not gonna lie. The stats seem to be a lot better than the eye test in this game. I didn't think he particularly had a good game.

But I guess it's better to think that and see stats like this rather than the other way around.
the deep ball accuracy has to improve, same with ball placement on the short ones, he makes catches harder then necessary, often near calf height, this game was obviously better, and a confidence builder, and that should help, to me he's at his best with the intermediate passes.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
05 Nov 2023 20:30
There are times to root for losses.

But this is not the time to root for losses. I would much rather see this young team build confidence and grow. It is much easier to rely on players for the future by seeing them improve on the field rather than hope for a draft pick to be hit in May 2024.
1000%. We still don't know what we have in Love. Put some good OL play around him and the WR's gain experience, and I still think he can be good, maybe not HOF worthy but if we build a really strong team around him on both sides of the ball, we can win a SB even if he's not a HOF QB. If anything, if he's not a HOF QB, we'll save money and have more to salary cap to play with in the coming years.