Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 20 Rams 3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:55
Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:52

whatever, I was also pointing out that he is trying to place the balls so only the receiver can make the catch, but in the process his throws are often to far in that direction, or to low, under thrown, these are my opinions and I should get full credit for them :rotf:
Great, then your comment had nothing to do with @APB's post you quoted...
it concerns everyone who said he just needs to rip it, you, APB and others touched on that, so that is my response to everyone, he learned under Rodgers and now he is trying to do the stuff Rodgers did, so even when he just flings the ball he is targeting where he's throwing it.
APB was not referencing that in his reply. Where in this post does he even remotely reference that?
Thanks for bringing the vids @Pckfn23. Hopefully @lupedafiasco unblocks you long enough to watch them and see confirmation the deep pass to Watson was indeed NOT under thrown.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:00
Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:57
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:28
It's always interesting when one dishes it out, but can't take it...
quit talking about yourself like this, it's not a good look :rotf:
I have never blocked a soul, nor will I.
why would you? come on, your the instigating party, :rotf: seriously though, no one blocks anyone for ever, we all get on each others nerves, but keep coming back for more, thats how this stuff works, forums become a family type thing, ever had a fight with a sibling, ever had a sibling avoid you forever? same thing, sure it happens but it's rare.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:07
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:55

Great, then your comment had nothing to do with @APB's post you quoted...
it concerns everyone who said he just needs to rip it, you, APB and others touched on that, so that is my response to everyone, he learned under Rodgers and now he is trying to do the stuff Rodgers did, so even when he just flings the ball he is targeting where he's throwing it.
APB was not referencing that in his reply. Where in this post does he even remotely reference that?
Thanks for bringing the vids @Pckfn23. Hopefully @lupedafiasco unblocks you long enough to watch them and see confirmation the deep pass to Watson was indeed NOT under thrown.
well then eliminate APB, the point is some members said he just needs to let it rip, if you said it,fine, if not let it go. who made you APB's defender?
other then that I have no idea what your getting at.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

well then eliminate APB, the point is some members said he just needs to let it rip, if you said it,fine, if not let it go. who made you APB's defender?
Now that it is settle that your reply to APB had nothing to do with what APB wrote...

Yes, Love does need to let it rip and just throw the ball instead of placing/aiming it. It's one of the main reasons his balls have been low and sometimes behind. It's a confidence issue where he just wants to guide it into a spot and has been more prevalent the last 4 or so games. What is not meant by it is putting the football where only the receiver can get it. That's not it at all.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:57

quit talking about yourself like this, it's not a good look :rotf:
why would you? come on, your the instigating party, :rotf: seriously though, no one blocks anyone for ever, we all get on each others nerves, but keep coming back for more, thats how this stuff works, forums become a family type thing, ever had a fight with a sibling, ever had a sibling avoid you forever? same thing, sure it happens but it's rare.
100%. Then he hides behind the mods when I talk back. So hes on ignore forever because hes protected for some reason.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:41
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

100%. Then he hides behind the mods when I talk back. So hes on ignore forever because hes protected for some reason.
Interesting theory, or is it that you simply can't take it when someone fights back against your bravado?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:36
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Now that it is settle that your reply to APB had nothing to do with what APB wrote...

Yes, Love does need to let it rip and just throw the ball instead of placing/aiming it. It's one of the main reasons his balls have been low and sometimes behind. It's a confidence issue where he just wants to guide it into a spot and has been more prevalent the last 4 or so games. What is not meant by it is putting the football where only the receiver can get it. That's not it at all.
thats just a bunch of hog wash, placing the ball where only the receiver can catch it is exactly what placing and aiming is, and it's what he's been coached to do because that is what all QB's are taught to do.

where did you ever here such mallarky

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

thats just a bunch of hog wash, placing the ball where only the receiver can catch it is exactly what placing and aiming is, and it's what he's been coached to do because that is what all QB's are taught to do.

No, it's not what we mean by that at all. You can go through your 1950s terminology all you want, but when we talk about trying to aim it or place it, it does not man we are talking about Love putting the ball only where the receiver can catch it. That should be the goal of every QB on every play. What we are actually referencing is a confidence issue where the QB tries to just guide the fall in and that often leads to short balls and/or balls behind the receiver. It's as if they are trying to throw the ball like a dart instead of trusting the arm and zinging it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

spot on, he drags on arguments, has to have the last word, he instigates more fights then anyone here, it's why I put him on ignore.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop, placing the ball is another way to say he is guiding the passes instead of just throwing them. That's what I think he is trying to say. This is also an issue with pitchers in baseball. You have to just let go and throw. Placing or guiding usually comes from lack of confidence and not trusting yourself.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

spot on, he drags on arguments, has to have the last word, he instigates more fights then anyone here, it's why I put him on ignore.
:rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

23 has cussed me out in the PMs too. Was strange.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:50
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No, it's not what we mean by that at all. You can go through your 1950s terminology all you want, but when we talk about trying to aim it or place it, it does not man we are talking about Love putting the ball only where the receiver can catch it. That should be the goal of every QB on every play. What we are actually referencing is a confidence issue where the QB tries to just guide the fall in and that often leads to short balls and/or balls behind the receiver. It's as if they are trying to throw the ball like a dart instead of trusting the arm and zinging it.
his confidence builds by aiming and placing the ball where he intended to throw it, if your talking about tech issues, well he's been using it for 3 years, whats different? in fact some of his best throws are zingers, and it's obvious he's aiming and firing to where only the receiver can catch the ball.

I think your complicating this, Love has been off target at times, specially deep, and on those throws I don't think the ball is going where he intended it to, thats it, ya want to sit and argue, fine.

I think what you hate is that I said he tutored and learned under Rodgers and in many ways is trying to emulate him, so obvious to me.

and I didn't use any 50's terminology, none of this &%$@ has a age or era part about it, what QB's where taught then hasn't changed today.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 14:08
23 has cussed me out in the PMs too. Was strange.
A lie. There is no instance on Packers Huddle where I cussed you out in PMs.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 14:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:50
Yoop wrote:

his confidence builds by aiming and placing the ball where he intended to throw it, if your talking about tech issues, well he's been using it for 3 years, whats different? in fact some of his best throws are zingers, and it's obvious he's aiming and firing to where only the receiver can catch the ball.

I think your complicating this, Love has been off target at times, specially deep, and on those throws I don't think the ball is going where he intended it to, thats it, ya want to sit and argue, fine.

I think what you hate is that I said he tutored and learned under Rodgers and in many ways is trying to emulate him, so obvious to me.

and I didn't use any 50's terminology, none of this &%$@ has a age or era part about it, what QB's where taught then hasn't changed today.
You are misinterpreting what we are saying. Again, it isn't a tech. issue or even a ball placement issue. When we say he is aiming or placing the ball , we mean he is trying to guide the ball in as he throws it. It causes the ball to be low or behind in most instances. It's a confidence thing. [mention]williewasgreat[/mention] said the same.

He doesn't do it all the time, mind you.

It has nothing to do with tutoring or learning under Rodgers. Nothing at all.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
07 Nov 2023 13:57
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yoop, placing the ball is another way to say he is guiding the passes instead of just throwing them. That's what I think he is trying to say. This is also an issue with pitchers in baseball. You have to just let go and throw. Placing or guiding usually comes from lack of confidence and not trusting yourself.
sorry Willie the word guiding is just another term for aiming to me, I don't see Love doing anything differently from one throw to the next other then that side arm throw he's imo quite good at, I've rewatched most games and unless I've missed one of these poor tech pitches I haven't seen what your describing

we all know well that Loves confidence has been tested, he's had almost no help this year from anyone, is that affecting his ball placement, are his pass short because he's timid and unsure of where to throw the ball.

there are so many questions concerning everything about Love, :idn:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I consider that ball underthrown because it was behind Watson, and needed to be further in front of him i.e. longer, whereas I would consider it an overthrow if it was too far in front for Watson to get his hands on it. :idn:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Labrev wrote:
07 Nov 2023 14:52
I consider that ball underthrown because it was behind Watson, and needed to be further in front of him i.e. longer, whereas I would consider it an overthrow if it was too far in front for Watson to get his hands on it. :idn:
Unless he decided to make the throw the wrong way and meant to put it there. When I saw it live, it seem like the correct placement would have been to put the ball in the back corner of the endzone.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells