Packers @ Steelers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 12th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Steelers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 12th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Pittsburgh Steelers :steelers:
Sunday, November 12th, 2023, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers +3.5
Over/Under: 39.5

Stadium

Acrisure Stadium

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast (CBS)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=10
Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... elers-2023
The Green Bay Packers go on the road to Pittsburgh to face the Steelers on Sunday.

Including Super Bowl XLV, six of the last eight games between the two teams have been decided by seven points or less.
The Packers lead the all-time regular-season series with a 19-16 edge.
Under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, the Packers are 1-0 against the Steelers. It was the last meeting between the two teams (2021), a 27-17 Green Bay victory at Lambeau Field.
Green Bay is 7-8 all-time as the road team against the Steelers.
The last time the Packers won at Pittsburgh was in 1970.
The Steelers have won five straight home games against the Packers, including Green Bay's last trip to Pittsburgh in 2017 (31-28).
Pittsburgh played its first-ever road game in the NFL at City Stadium on Oct. 15, 1933, a 47-0 Packers victory.
Including Super Bowl XLV, Green Bay has scored 27-plus points in each of the last five matchups against Pittsburgh.
Under LaFleur, the Packers are 12-8 against AFC teams, a .600 winning percentage that is tied for No. 2 in the NFC and tied for No. 4 in the NFL since 2019.
Sunday is the third of four scheduled noon (CT) games in a row for the Packers, and the only one that is on the road.
Green Bay is 2-2 in games played at noon (CT) this season and 18-8 in noon (CT) games under LaFleur, a .692 winning percentage that ranks No. 5 in the NFL since 2019.
Weather
image.png
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Steelers 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 08 Nov 2023 19:13, edited 4 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Well, since I posted it we are going to lose, so there is that...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheWolfman
Reactions:

Post by TheWolfman »

Steelers 27

Packers 10
If your not the lead dog, then the scenery never changes.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Are the Packers favored? I thought I saw the Steelers favored by 3 pts or so…?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
08 Nov 2023 19:05
Are the Packers favored? I thought I saw the Steelers favored by 3 pts or so…?
+3.5, not -3.5, fixed.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Evan Washburn. :poke:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’ll be at the game this week. First trip to whatever they call that stadium. Headed there with three buds who are all Pittsburgh natives who have pledged not to let me get beat up…bad.

Catching the Penguins Saturday night and the Packers-Steelers on Sunday…my kinda weekend!

Anybody else going?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The good news for GB is Kenny Pickett sucks
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
08 Nov 2023 22:26
I’ll be at the game this week. First trip to whatever they call that stadium. Headed there with three buds who are all Pittsburgh natives who have pledged not to let me get beat up…bad.

Catching the Penguins Saturday night and the Packers-Steelers on Sunday…my kinda weekend!

Anybody else going?
The city is really cool. The stadium is really cool. Some of the fans were really cool. Some of the fans were complete d*cks. The 2009 game was a classic.

Everyone knows about my experience and how I felt unsafe but I also didn't get beat up because I wasn't a d*ck back. I think you will have a great time and I think you will see Love do something Favre and Rodgers could never do!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Minkah Fitzpatrick expected to sit again this week. That's a big injury for the Steelers. He's their communicator on the back end and a good player in his own right. Not sad about the news.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is a big game. Finally got a win and going for our first back to back wins of the season.

I am primarily looking for our defense to dominate another poor offense and more importantly seeing if our offense has a plan on mitigating a premier pass rusher.

Alexander being a DNP sucks. Our CB room is light without him.

A win this week makes the three weeks have meaning. I want the Thanksgiving game to matter.

A loss and we are having different discussions. This is a big game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2023 09:41
This is a big game. Finally got a win and going for our first back to back wins of the season.

I am primarily looking for our defense to dominate another poor offense and more importantly seeing if our offense has a plan on mitigating a premier pass rusher.

A win this week makes the three weeks have meaning. I want the Thanksgiving game to matter.

I honestly do not think this game matters in any way other than we want to see improvement, passion, and aggressiveness from our players. This season is lost from a win/loss & postseason perspective.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
I think you mean rushers, as in plural.

TJ Watt is exceptional, obviously, but Alex Highsmith is a premier pass rusher in his own right. Watt and Highsmith compliment each other very well, too.

This game will show how far Love has come in operating the offense in the face of pressure. If he struggles early, it will only get worse. The O-Line will obviously have to play well but there is little doubt there will be pressure on Love even with their best effort. He, along with MLF, have got to have a plan (and execute that plan) so that the offense isn't continually in obvious passing situations or it will be a long afternoon.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We need a pass attack that gets the ball out quickly because PIT has a good pass-rush, and Watt could really exploit either of Nijman or Walker. It needs to be 1-2-3-out or 1-2-3-run until we can trust the OL to hold up any longer against these guys and Love eases into the game.

We also need to commit to the run like we did last Sunday. Neither Jones nor Dillon had banner days, yet it was still a big help for our O.

And of course, take care of the football. Their offense is anemic so let's not give them any opportunities to steal points.

I can see this go either way; PIT sounds very beatable but we need to also stop beating ourselves.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Nov 2023 10:08
go pak go wrote:

I honestly do not think this game matters in any way other than we want to see improvement, passion, and aggressiveness from our players. This season is lost from a win/loss & postseason perspective.
I don't think I mentioned postseason but I do think there is value in "being in the hunt" as it is a confidence booster and team builder going into next year.

We need 9 wins to have any real shot at it which means another 6 wins.

I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

@ PIT
@ NYG
@ CAR
CHI

The four above are winnable games.

Then you have TB and @ MN with the other 3 hard games.

Ultimately I want meaningful football. I want the Oline to gel. I want the WRs to gain confidence rapport with Love and I want the team to have a physical nasty to them.

The NFL season is funny. You can be a head turner in a matter of 3 weeks. Let's make this week number 2. :)
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

A lot of people are saying our coming stretch of LA-C, DET, and KC is going to be a tough one. And they are probably right because this team struggles even against weak opponents, but still, I am not convinced those teams aside from DET are necessarily tough games.

I feel like people think Chargers are tough because they have a good QB, but that team consistently underachieves.

Similarly, people think KC is tough because Mahomes is elite, and sure, if he's on his game then you are probably toast, but their offense has not been that good this year. Their defense has been pulling the team's weight for the most part. Hopefully they do not get it figured out in time for our matchup with them.

I am not expecting us to win either of them, but if we did, it would not shock me like beating DET would.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
09 Nov 2023 13:51
A lot of people are saying our coming stretch of LA-C, DET, and KC is going to be a tough one. And they are probably right because this team struggles even against weak opponents, but still, I am not convinced those teams aside from DET are necessarily tough games.

I feel like people think Chargers are tough because they have a good QB, but that team consistently underachieves.

Similarly, people think KC is tough because Mahomes is elite, and sure, if he's on his game then you are probably toast, but their offense has not been that good this year. Their defense has been pulling the team's weight for the most part. Hopefully they do not get it figured out in time for our matchup with them.

I am not expecting us to win either of them, but if we did, it would not shock me like beating DET would.
Thanksgiving is our SB.

Oh how the roles have reversed as the Thanksgiving game was always the Lions's SB.
Yoop wrote: