2020 Training Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (77.52 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (54.03 KiB) Viewed 445 times
image.png
image.png (62.04 KiB) Viewed 445 times
image.png
image.png (81.58 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (68.75 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's funny. I feel like last year was the same during camp how we didn't hear a word about Preston Smith all August.

Then he came into the season exploding.

We hardly heard anything about Gary last August and heard everything about Z last August.

This year we hear everything about Gary. Z is still Z when he is actually practicing and once again hardly anything about Preston.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think it's crazy how many tweets Josh Jackson is getting. Seems like darn near everytime he is targetted. Hear nothing about Sullivan and very very little on any of the safeties.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
28 Aug 2020 13:27
I think it's crazy how many tweets Josh Jackson is getting. Seems like darn near everytime he is targetted. Hear nothing about Sullivan and very very little on any of the safeties.
Not sure if it is typical media attention on one guy or he really is deserving it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Hmmm, who could this mystery player be?

I'm guessing its not a receiver or pass catcher in general due to all the play action tweets, Rodgers to player X.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Waldo wrote:
28 Aug 2020 21:31

I'm guessing its not a receiver or pass catcher in general due to all the play action tweets, Rodgers to player X.
I'm guessing Kamal Martin on D or like John Lovett on O.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Fingers-crossed it's Keke!

And hasn't Linsley been out, while it has been hinted that Jake Hanson is higher up on the depth chart than people think?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Waldo wrote:

Probably Lane Taylor. That tweet came right after other reporters tweeting Wagner was in with a brace on.

Maybe Billy Turnstile has finally found his rightful place as a backup.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Waldo wrote:

My bet is Kamal Martin because most everyone else isn't all that shocking.

Even a guy like Lane Taylor. I think he is clearly our starter and Billy Turner is going to be just a really expensive backup RG and RT this year.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
28 Aug 2020 13:27
It is. Sometimes you wonder if it's just because for some reason the media guys to tout all his stuff, but the question was asked on a Chat with Nagler yesterday and he said Jackson appears to be the largest surprise on defense and is looking to to make that 3rd year jump.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2020 07:32
Waldo wrote:

Even a guy like Lane Taylor. I think he is clearly our starter and Billy Turner is going to be just a really expensive backup RG and RT this year.
I feel like he has got a lot of pub, so Martin wouldn’t even be shocking. Lovett would be interesting and running with the 1s as FB isn’t that shocking, but still big news if they found a useful player on the scrap heap.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I wouldn’t rule out Scott or Garvin, either.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
29 Aug 2020 08:55
go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2020 07:32
Waldo wrote:

I feel like he has got a lot of pub, so Martin wouldn’t even be shocking. Lovett would be interesting and running with the 1s as FB isn’t that shocking, but still big news if they found a useful player on the scrap heap.
I think any rookie overtaking a starting role in camp who didn't have it going into camp is big news; especially a 5th round rookie. And also it is more exciting news for media to tout because they kept talking about how good Martin is looking.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sounds like today's practice is a slopfest of fumbles, miscues, penalties...

We were due for one like this, I suppose

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also, EQSB not practicing, so boooooo

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Aug 2020 11:18

Took the pads off half way through. Maybe tired... physically and mentally despite the day off.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
29 Aug 2020 11:33
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Aug 2020 11:18

Took the pads off half way through. Maybe tired... physically and mentally despite the day off.
Yeah I think it's been an emotional week. They took the extra day off Thirsday to process some of the issues on the players' minds... had probably their best practice Friday, and their longest, in pads.

I imagine that the half pads/half walkthrough was always scheduled, as they've done this before when they're doing multiple days of padded practices. But I could see the frustration and emotions being a positive impact on Friday followed by a just drained hangover effect on Saturday. If they practice tomorrow, I'd hope and expect it to be back in the flow.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (106.29 KiB) Viewed 340 times
image.png
image.png (103.41 KiB) Viewed 340 times
image.png
image.png (48.77 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Yoop wrote: